Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Aaron Floyd's Waiver Denied

Featured Replies

He should move closer to Covcath. In this case' date=' I haven't heard that a move is involved. He's just moving form a 3-8 team to an 8-4 team.[/quote']

 

Doesn't sound line you're clued in.

  • Replies 281
  • Views 37.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't believe he will get cleared, regardless of which route the Floyd's choose to pursue. Can he re-enroll at Boone and be eligible to play this season, if he chooses to do that?

 

That is a good question, I assume so on Boone. However, I keep hearing if CovCath doesn't work out the fallback plan is Cooper but I don't see how that will be allowed either. Employees in the Boone County District can send their children to their school of choice but athletic eligibility is a separate issue governed by the KHSAA and not Boone County Schools. Additionally, I think Floyd lives in Ryle's district, maybe he can go there but I also was told the parents transferred guardianship to a relative in Villa Hills so maybe Dixie.

 

Any way you cut this one, it is a giant cluster and I feel sorry for Aaron.

I wonder if Aaron had waited for the approval from the KHSAA to join his new team if the ruling would have been at all different. To me it seems like a slap in the face to the KHSAA that he has been practicing with his chosen new team without being cleared first. If it were my kid I would have all of my ducks in a row before sending him to practice with a new team knowing there is chance he might be denied the transfer. With that said I am in favor of the transfer to the private school and only a private school for whatever the reason may be, athletics or academics. Let the kid play wherever he wants if he can afford the tuition.

IMO, no way CCH should of allowed him to practice/workout with them until approval was blessed the KHSAA.

To the other question about going to court and getting an injunction ... has this happened in the past few years? I know it was the course of action several years back, but I am not aware of this happening much in the past 3-4 years.

Fairview 2012

If Aaron did in fact get his request denied, it is another inconsistency by the KHSAA. Sydney Moss was permitted to transfer from Ryle to Boone County and Hayley Smith was permitted to transfer from Ryle to NDA. Neither had to sit out. The KHSAA has no consistency in their findings and its completely unfair.

Fairview 2012

 

Any others? I ask because I think going to court for an injunction is a rarity, and even more of a rarity over the past 3-4 years than it was before that.

 

The other side of it is how many transfers similar to this have been allowed? Personally, I feel the KHSAA does a disservice to everyone by not publishing a statement of ruling or something similar in each transfer case. The KHSAA should let people know the why or why not of every transfer ruling. If there is sensitive information that should be kept confidential, then just state there were extenuating, unique factors that impacted the decision. Make as much of the reasoning as possible public.

As this becomes more convoluted, I must ask ... is it worth it? What is A. Floyd going to gain at the end of the day? Look at the extent to which the family is going and think of all the family is enduring (change of guardianship, for football, really?) and all for what?

Any others? I ask because I think going to court for an injunction is a rarity, and even more of a rarity over the past 3-4 years than it was before that.

Don't know about the number of others. I know many in my area of state have transferred from one school to another after playing varsity sports and have been ruled immediately eligible with out one of the exemptions. The Fairview case was one of the first in the area where players were ruled ineligible by the KHSAA.

 

The KHSAA says it does not matter if the sending school challenges the transfer or not, but I know there have been 10-12 players leave Raceland and go to neighboring schools and play immediately. Raceland has never challenged a transfer.

 

I have also been told there is no "Move out of state" loophole, but I don't know of one single player that has come from out of state, other then the Fairview case, that has been ruled ineligible. Including players that attended a Kentucky school, then transferred to an Ohio school for one week, then back to another Kentucky school.

As this becomes more convoluted, I must ask ... is it worth it? What is A. Floyd going to gain at the end of the day? Look at the extent to which the family is going and think of all the family is enduring (change of guardianship, for football, really?) and all for what?

 

Good question.

If Aaron did in fact get his request denied, it is another inconsistency by the KHSAA. Sydney Moss was permitted to transfer from Ryle to Boone County and Hayley Smith was permitted to transfer from Ryle to NDA Neither had to sit out. The KHSAA has no consistency in their findings and its completely unfair.

 

The documentation supporting her transfer "pales in comparison", to what is being used as a possible reason for his transfer.

The documentation supporting her transfer "pales in comparison", to what is being used as a possible reason for his transfer.

 

What does that mean?

 

The poster child for most egregious eligibility ruling by the KHSAA was Vance Sullivan.

If Aaron did in fact get his request denied, it is another inconsistency by the KHSAA. Sydney Moss was permitted to transfer from Ryle to Boone County and Hayley Smith was permitted to transfer from Ryle to NDA. Neither had to sit out. The KHSAA has no consistency in their findings and its completely unfair.

 

Without knowing what was said to the KHSAA concerning those two transfers there is no point comparing transfers.

As I read the posts above, my point keeps getting made. The mystery that surrounds transfers and often leads to what appear to be conflicting decisions is a disservice to every school and athlete in Kentucky. Obviously there can be information involved that should be kept confidential, but the KHSAA should make public as much information as they can about every decision.

 

Question - does information on these transfer cases fall under freedom of information act? I think the answer is likely no, but I am asking just to be sure.

So the dad is principal? So hes saying his school isn't doing an adequate job of educating so he's transferring his son? If Boone isn't up to standards, isn't that a direct reflection on him as principal? There's no way this transfer is anything but football related. And a bigger question, why transfer to a team that has lost 11 or so straight to Highlands?

 

There's a BUNCH of schools in that category. So the bolded question is kind of moot.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.