Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Aaron Floyd's Waiver Denied

Featured Replies

Can he go back to Boone Co. with no repercussions?

Currently, Boone County is the only school that he would be eligible play sports at.

  • Replies 281
  • Views 37.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aaron Floyd is telling some of his friends that he misses everyone at Boone and wishes he could come back (to Boone).

 

Again, what a cluster...

Does anyone else get the feeling the entire move thing was what others wanted and maybe not what Aaron wanted? I have a strong feeling his brother convinced his dad it was the best move and didn't take into account Aaron's feelings.

Wrong, Aaron wants this. Aaron knows and is friends with a lot of the seniors at CCH. He plays summer baseball with a few. Let's be real here, you don't think that a senior in HS can make his own decisions. Yes I'm sure Chase sparked the idea in his head, but Aaron liked it. Liked it a lot. But the Floyd's are respectable and understanding people, so they would never put Aaron in a situation that is not best for him. This move to CCH will help with his Recruiting, education, relationship with God, and help him make friends that he will have for the rest of his life.

 

The kid deserves it. And no doubt in my mind that he will be illegible to play with Covington Catholic come season time. Write it down, Circe it, do whatever but Aaron Floyd will be a senior at Cov cath this fall

Wrong, Aaron wants this. Aaron knows and is friends with a lot of the seniors at CCH. He plays summer baseball with a few. Let's be real here, you don't think that a senior in HS can make his own decisions. Yes I'm sure Chase sparked the idea in his head, but Aaron liked it. Liked it a lot. But the Floyd's are respectable and understanding people, so they would never put Aaron in a situation that is not best for him. This move to CCH will help with his Recruiting, education, relationship with God, and help him make friends that he will have for the rest of his life.

 

The kid deserves it. And no doubt in my mind that he will be illegible to play with Covington Catholic come season time. Write it down, Circe it, do whatever but Aaron Floyd will be a senior at Cov cath this fall

 

I have two sons that graduated from CCH.

 

With that said, Aaron can get all you mention (education, God, recruiting, and friends for life) at Boone.

 

He has more friends for life at Boone than he's going to develop in one year at CCH.

My understanding is that faith is already very important to the young man. Catholic religion classes aren't going to suddenly make him closer to God.

Film from Boone shows up on the same computer screen as film from CCH.

He can get whatever education he desires at Boone. It's really up to him.

 

My gut says this move is simply about football.

Wrong, Aaron wants this. Aaron knows and is friends with a lot of the seniors at CCH. He plays summer baseball with a few. Let's be real here, you don't think that a senior in HS can make his own decisions. Yes I'm sure Chase sparked the idea in his head, but Aaron liked it. Liked it a lot. But the Floyd's are respectable and understanding people, so they would never put Aaron in a situation that is not best for him. This move to CCH will help with his Recruiting, education, relationship with God, and help him make friends that he will have for the rest of his life.

 

The kid deserves it. And no doubt in my mind that he will be illegible to play with Covington Catholic come season time. Write it down, Circe it, do whatever but Aaron Floyd will be a senior at Cov cath this fall

 

Don't colleges recruit at Boone Co? Please explain how the move to CCH will help him ii this aspect?

My gut says this move is simply about football.

 

No question about it.

No question about it.

 

 

While I don't understand why (unless he just wants to play on a team that wins more games) I don't have a problem with that reasoning. I wouldn't want my son to transfer before his senior season. I can't imagine how bad it would have to be for me to allow that to happen.

 

However, I fully admit I know nothing about the "whys" in this case and cast no judgement upon the kid or his family. They just have to be willing to take the chance of him not playing.

While I don't understand why (unless he just wants to play on a team that wins more games) I don't have a problem with that reasoning. I wouldn't want my son to transfer before his senior season. I can't imagine how bad it would have to be for me to allow that to happen.

 

However, I fully admit I know nothing about the "whys" in this case and cast no judgement upon the kid or his family. They just have to be willing to take the chance of him not playing.

 

I don't know either and I have never asked.

 

I hope things work out for Aaron.

 

And on a side note, if the injury bug doesn't hit, Boone will be fine this year.

Don't forget OJ Mayo - commuted from West Virginia to start Varsity in 7th grade for Rose Hill. I'm surprised more Ohio players don't hit up CCH, NDA, NCC, Highlands, and other school close to the border.

 

Newport and Holy Cross have a "monopoly" on this already. :lol2:

Newport and Holy Cross have a "monopoly" on this already. :lol2:

 

And Ncc is squeaky clean? They all operate in a grey area IMO. Dark grey.

Wrong, Aaron wants this. Aaron knows and is friends with a lot of the seniors at CCH. He plays summer baseball with a few. Let's be real here, you don't think that a senior in HS can make his own decisions. Yes I'm sure Chase sparked the idea in his head, but Aaron liked it. Liked it a lot. But the Floyd's are respectable and understanding people, so they would never put Aaron in a situation that is not best for him. This move to CCH will help with his Recruiting, education, relationship with God, and help him make friends that he will have for the rest of his life.

 

The kid deserves it. And no doubt in my mind that he will be illegible to play with Covington Catholic come season time. Write it down, Circe it, do whatever but Aaron Floyd will be a senior at Cov cath this fall

So you are saying he couldn't have these things at Boone County High School? That's pretty naive to think that.

Last I saw, players from Boone are recruited, actually last I checked the most succesful player ever in this area came out of Boone County High School. Education? My daughter graduated from Boone County High School and is now a Astro Physics major, don't think the education is lacking at Boone either. Friends for life? My daughter also married her best friend and he also graduated from Boone County high School. Relationship with God? You really think only students at CCH are religious? I will simply point you back to the very same person who I talked about in the recruiting area, one of the most religious and spiritual persons you will ever meet.

 

So what exactly does he deserve and why? You make it sound as if CCH is the like the end all be all. Sorry but I disagree. You act as if Aaron sacraficed and now he deserves to be rewarded by going to Covington Catholic. Just don't see it as a prize at the end of the rainbow.

Wrong, Aaron wants this. Aaron knows and is friends with a lot of the seniors at CCH. He plays summer baseball with a few. Let's be real here, you don't think that a senior in HS can make his own decisions. Yes I'm sure Chase sparked the idea in his head, but Aaron liked it. Liked it a lot. But the Floyd's are respectable and understanding people, so they would never put Aaron in a situation that is not best for him. This move to CCH will help with his Recruiting, education, relationship with God, and help him make friends that he will have for the rest of his life.

 

The kid deserves it. And no doubt in my mind that he will be illegible to play with Covington Catholic come season time. Write it down, Circe it, do whatever but Aaron Floyd will be a senior at Cov cath this fall

 

Good news is he'll still get all those wonderful advantages you mention, and he'll make a good addition to the "Crazies"! Doubt he & his family are even thinking about football after reading this explanation? :rolleyes:

Don't colleges recruit at Boone Co? Please explain how the move to CCH will help him ii this aspect?

 

Because ( sarcasm quote ) everyone and everything is Better at CCH and lets not get started on HHS. ( end sarcasm quote ) You can be all state at a Boone co. school or all world at the others mentioned. Please step down off the high horses with care, we don't want those fragile egos to get hurt.

So you are saying he couldn't have these things at Boone County High School? That's pretty naive to think that.

Last I saw, players from Boone are recruited, actually last I checked the most succesful player ever in this area came out of Boone County High School. Education? My daughter graduated from Boone County High School and is now a Astro Physics major, don't think the education is lacking at Boone either. Friends for life? My daughter also married her best friend and he also graduated from Boone County high School. Relationship with God? You really think only students at CCH are religious? I will simply point you back to the very same person who I talked about in the recruiting area, one of the most religious and spiritual persons you will ever meet.

 

So what exactly does he deserve and why? You make it sound as if CCH is the like the end all be all. Sorry but I disagree. You act as if Aaron sacraficed and now he deserves to be rewarded by going to Covington Catholic. Just don't see it as a prize at the end of the rainbow.

 

I never said that he wouldn't get these at Boone. But you can't hide the fact that CCH is better every year, therefore, Aaron will make it further in the playoffs then Boone. More games equals more opportunity, more opportunity equals more looks from colleges. The education and religious side of things at CCH is second to none. Never heard a single person, talk badly about it. Of course other schools have great academics, and I'm not bad mouthing them, but I have never heard anyone talk as much about the colonel brotherhood more than any other school. Better environment that's all. I said he deserves to go to CCH because it's his high school years, the fact that the KHSAA is going to try and stop this is absurd. Quite laughable really. But no doubt in my mind Aaron ends up at CCH, just a matter of time.

I never said that he wouldn't get these at Boone. But you can't hide the fact that CCH is better every year, therefore, Aaron will make it further in the playoffs then Boone. More games equals more opportunity, more opportunity equals more looks from colleges. The education and religious side of things at CCH is second to none. Never heard a single person, talk badly about it. Of course other schools have great academics, and I'm not bad mouthing them, but I have never heard anyone talk as much about the colonel brotherhood more than any other school. Better environment that's all. I said he deserves to go to CCH because it's his high school years, the fact that the KHSAA is going to try and stop this is absurd. Quite laughable really. But no doubt in my mind Aaron ends up at CCH, just a matter of time.

You do understand how recruiting works as far as it goes with 99.9% of the football players don't you? What happens on friday nights (or in CCH's case, Sat Afternoons) equates to about .09% of recruiting. Games will not get him recruited as much as camps, films etc. So again CCH offers nothing he can't get at Boone, actually Boone would showcase him even more if he is actually that much better than the rest of his teammates.

Again your reasoning is actually what is laughable. "He deserves to go to CCH because it's his high school years" What does that even mean? The education isn't even as good as the school right down the street at Beechwood so please enough with the education aspect of it. (Just so you know Beechwood is ranked 4th in the entire state)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.