Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Aaron Floyd's Waiver Denied

Featured Replies

So the dad is principal? So hes saying his school isn't doing an adequate job of educating so he's transferring his son?

 

When did his dad say that?

  • Replies 281
  • Views 37.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If his dad is principal and he's transferring his son, don't his actions say that?

Not good to assume Bosshog. We have no clue why he wants to move his son to CCH. We all can just assume.

I don't believe he will get cleared, regardless of which route the Floyd's choose to pursue. Can he re-enroll at Boone and be eligible to play this season, if he chooses to do that?

So, has the kid or his family said publicly why he has transferred to CCH? And what is the rule about court injunctions? If a judge grants an injunction to play, is that the final word?

In reality should the KHSAA really have the power to stop a kid from playing. If parents decide to move their kids for whatever reason, why should the KHSAA have any say in the matter?

 

I've always hated the transfer rule for that reason. I'm guessing the courts see it the same way.

 

Agreed.

If his dad is principal and he's transferring his son' date=' don't his actions say that?[/quote']

 

No.

In reality should the KHSAA really have the power to stop a kid from playing. If parents decide to move their kids for whatever reason, why should the KHSAA have any say in the matter?

 

I've always hated the transfer rule for that reason. I'm guessing the courts see it the same way.

I think the parents should have to right to move their kids. My only problem with this mess that we call the Transfer Rule is it's existence and it's unpredictable execution. If they did away with the rule and players transferred, I wouldn't care, but currently you have some people trying to follow the letter of the rule and others trying to find ways around it. Either enforce it equally, or do away with it, I honestly don't care either way, but make it more evenly enforced.

I think the parents should have to right to move their kids. My only problem with this mess that we call the Transfer Rule is it's existence and it's unpredictable execution. If they did away with the rule and players transferred, I wouldn't care, but currently you have some people trying to follow the letter of the rule and others trying to find ways around it. Either enforce it equally, or do away with it, I honestly don't care either way, but make it more evenly enforced.

 

The problem with the rule is that it can negatively affect kids that transfer for legitimate reasons. And I get the fears about recruiting. But really, its just sports. And I while there may be an increase in transfers, I don't think it becomes open season. Most kids/parents don't have the means or ability to transfer.

The problem with the rule is that it can negatively affect kids that transfer for legitimate reasons. And I get the fears about recruiting. But really, its just sports. And I while there may be an increase in transfers, I don't think it becomes open season. Most kids/parents don't have the means or ability to transfer.

That's my point, I have seen legitimate transfers be ruled ineligible, and have seen many non-ligitimate transfers be ruled eligible. I would rather see the non-ligitimate transfers get to to play then to see one legitimate transferred not. It seems like the only players that are negatively impacted are the legitimate transfers because they tell the truth.

He should move closer to Covcath. In this case, I haven't heard that a move is involved. He's just moving form a 3-8 team to an 8-4 team.

I was told on Thursday that there was a problem with the paper work.

I do not know if this is the end of it or corrected papers had to be re-filed.

 

 

Hmmm ... problem with paperwork .... need to refile ..... might cause him to miss the opener .... hmmmmm

That's my point, I have seen legitimate transfers be ruled ineligible, and have seen many non-ligitimate transfers be ruled eligible. I would rather see the non-ligitimate transfers get to to play then to see one legitimate transferred not. It seems like the only players that are negatively impacted are the legitimate transfers because they tell the truth.

 

Yep. In the end, I just don't see who is hurt by these transfers, whether it's for sports reasons or not. Do I like it?? No. I think when you've made a commitment to a program, you should see it through. But who is the KHSAA (or anyone besides the family) to say what is a legitimate reason.

To the other question about going to court and getting an injunction ... has this happened in the past few years? I know it was the course of action several years back, but I am not aware of this happening much in the past 3-4 years.

Yep. In the end, I just don't see who is hurt by these transfers, whether it's for sports reasons or not. Do I like it?? No. I think when you've made a commitment to a program, you should see it through. But who is the KHSAA (or anyone besides the family) to say what is a legitimate reason.

 

Here is the problem ... with no transfer rules, it is too easy for some coach or some school to make a mockery of high school athletics. If you doubt it would happen, look no further than Fairview High School. Even with the transfer rules as they currently stand, they did what they wanted and brought in athletes that took their program to a state title game. Yes, they got caught and paid a price. But consider that case if you doubt that free to transfer would turn high schools into recruiting shows and unbalanced competition. It is bad enough as it stands with the current rules.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.