Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Aaron Floyd's Waiver Denied

Featured Replies

If Aaron did in fact get his request denied, it is another inconsistency by the KHSAA. Sydney Moss was permitted to transfer from Ryle to Boone County and Hayley Smith was permitted to transfer from Ryle to NDA. Neither had to sit out. The KHSAA has no consistency in their findings and its completely unfair.

KHSAA Has always been inconsistent. As Far as the Sydney Moss thing goes, what grade did she transfer? I heard she did sit out a year but I could be wrong.

Edited by Hellbird

  • Replies 281
  • Views 37.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What does that mean?

 

The poster child for most egregious eligibility ruling by the KHSAA was Vance Sullivan.

 

Thinking you don't know the facts!

He should move closer to Covcath. In this case, I haven't heard that a move is involved. He's just moving form a 3-8 team to an 8-4 team.

 

Let's not automatically assume that he is transferring solely for athletics. This is high school, not college.

Let's not automatically assume that he is transferring solely for athletics. This is high school, not college.

 

If he is denied elibiility and does not stay at CC can we assume it wasn't for academics.

Thinking you don't know the facts!

 

I admit I know very little about the facts surrounding the Smith or Flloyd transfers.

 

As far as Sullivan, I certainly know more than enough. :D

So the dad is principal? So hes saying his school isn't doing an adequate job of educating so he's transferring his son? If Boone isn't up to standards, isn't that a direct reflection on him as principal? There's no way this transfer is anything but football related. And a bigger question, why transfer to a team that has lost 11 or so straight to Highlands?

 

You're right. So now I wouldn't doubt is he considers transfer to Bowling Green, Trinity, or X just so he can play on a team that might be able to beat Highlands...

If he is denied elibiility and does not stay at CC can we assume it wasn't for academics.

Was thinking the same thing.

Something that has not been mentioned Aarons older brother is a defensive back coach at CovCath.

So maybe one of the reasons for the transfer is a chance to play for him.

Something that has not been mentioned Aarons older brother is a defensive back coach at CovCath.

So maybe one of the reasons for the transfer is a chance to play for him.

Still not a valid reason to be granted a transfer.

Still not a valid reason to be granted a transfer.

 

Don't think he meant that would be a reason for transferring given to KHSAA, just that it might be a reason to transfer to CCH in particular.

It's very simple. The family just needs to relocate out of the Boone district if it means so much.

As this becomes more convoluted, I must ask ... is it worth it? What is A. Floyd going to gain at the end of the day? Look at the extent to which the family is going and think of all the family is enduring (change of guardianship, for football, really?) and all for what?

Won't fly under bylaw 6.

I was told on Thursday that there was a problem with the paper work.

I do not know if this is the end of it or corrected papers had to be re-filed.

 

Curious if he is @ CCH practice this week pending new paperwork.

Still not a valid reason to be granted a transfer.

 

Could be if they turned Guardianship over to him.

Could be if they turned Guardianship over to him.

OK, but what if his brother (the assistant coach at CCH) still lived with his dad? I don't know if he does or not, just saying.

 

Also as was already brought up on here, if the transfer was for anything other than athletics, then I would love to see him go to CCH this year and not play sports. I just don't think the transfer was for anything but athletic based. We shall see though. If he goes to CCH and doesn't play sports then I will be the first to eat crow.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.