Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Aaron Floyd's Waiver Denied

Featured Replies

I never said that he wouldn't get these at Boone. But you can't hide the fact that CCH is better every year, therefore, Aaron will make it further in the playoffs then Boone. More games equals more opportunity, more opportunity equals more looks from colleges. The education and religious side of things at CCH is second to none. Never heard a single person, talk badly about it. Of course other schools have great academics, and I'm not bad mouthing them, but I have never heard anyone talk as much about the colonel brotherhood more than any other school. Better environment that's all. I said he deserves to go to CCH because it's his high school years, the fact that the KHSAA is going to try and stop this is absurd. Quite laughable really. But no doubt in my mind Aaron ends up at CCH, just a matter of time.

 

Wonder why it took him till his Senior year to realize he would have "in your words" been better off @ CCH? Hasn't his bother coached there for years?

  • Replies 281
  • Views 37.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wrong, Aaron wants this. Aaron knows and is friends with a lot of the seniors at CCH. He plays summer baseball with a few. Let's be real here, you don't think that a senior in HS can make his own decisions. Yes I'm sure Chase sparked the idea in his head, but Aaron liked it. Liked it a lot. But the Floyd's are respectable and understanding people, so they would never put Aaron in a situation that is not best for him. This move to CCH will help with his Recruiting, education, relationship with God, and help him make friends that he will have for the rest of his life.

 

The kid deserves it. And no doubt in my mind that he will be illegible to play with Covington Catholic come season time. Write it down, Circe it, do whatever but Aaron Floyd will be a senior at Cov cath this fall

 

 

 

"This move to CCH will help with his Recruiting, education, relationship with God, and help him make friends that he will have for the rest of his life.:"

 

Please elaborate a little more on this comment. I'm not convinced.

I never said that he wouldn't get these at Boone. But you can't hide the fact that CCH is better every year, therefore, Aaron will make it further in the playoffs then Boone. More games equals more opportunity, more opportunity equals more looks from colleges. The education and religious side of things at CCH is second to none. Never heard a single person, talk badly about it. Of course other schools have great academics, and I'm not bad mouthing them, but I have never heard anyone talk as much about the colonel brotherhood more than any other school. Better environment that's all. I said he deserves to go to CCH because it's his high school years, the fact that the KHSAA is going to try and stop this is absurd. Quite laughable really. But no doubt in my mind Aaron ends up at CCH, just a matter of time.

 

I don't lnow what is absurd or laughable. While I believe what you said about CCH, the KHSAA is not preventing him from going there, just from transferring there and playing athletics without sitting out the required year. They are sanctioning body and they can and should stop it. It's clearly for Sports reasons and they have the rules in place for this specific thing.

 

Did Aaron deserve to go there as a Freshman? If so, then why didn't he transfer then? It would have been within the rules and all would be happy and he would have had 4 years of his what he is "deserved".

 

Rules are Rules and it shouldn't be about one individual. His circumstances have not changed. The only thing that change is his sudden desire to go to CCH.

Wonder why it took him till his Senior year to realize he would have "in your words" been better off @ CCH? Hasn't his bother coached there for years?

 

This will be his second season coaching at CCH

So what I get out of all this is there are advantages to going to a private school. " maybe some ". What I don't understand is the attitude that the rules shouldn't apply to us if it will make our football team better. YOU or any HS is not above the rules. $$ and club memberships can only get you some things. MY respect needs to be earned. This we are better and separating us from you guys attitude is crazy. Some get it some don't. I like my kid humble and of this world. So if you want to be religious let's remember Jesus chose to eat with the tax collectors instead of the pharisees. So do I.

What I don't understand is the attitude that the rules shouldn't apply to us if it will make our football team better.

 

Who's saying the rules don't apply?

 

MY respect needs to be earned..

 

Who's disrespecting you? The KHSAA? Boone Co? CCH? A. Floyd?

 

$$ and club memberships can only get you some things.

 

$$ and a Sam's Club membership can get you many things at reasonable prices.

Who's saying the rules don't apply?

 

 

 

Who's disrespecting you? The KHSAA? Boone Co? CCH? A. Floyd?

 

 

 

$$ and a Sam's Club membership can get you many things at reasonable prices.

 

Nobody is disrespecting me personally. I'm talking about the whole were better than you thing. If your a good person your a good person. CCH may teach those values but it doesn't necessarily mean because you go there it's true. For instance you have a kid who left Ryle to come play for you and he is an athlete! I'll give you that. And he was before he came there. So going to CCH does not make you a better person, or in Aaron's case a better athlete. He is what he is and he should not be allowed to play because it's against the rules. I assume you think he should. So like many others you think the rules don't or shouldn't apply? Am I correct or wrong. I've been both many times..lol $$ you know if you go to CCH or HHS your in the club. Don't act like you don't know...lol

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 2

Fortunately for Floyd, the KHSAA gets to weigh in on the matter and make an informed decision. Most people know nothing more than they've heard second hand or read on a message board. I trust the KHSAA to make a reasonable decision based on information presented that almost all posting will not get to see or hear.

Nobody is disrespecting me personally. I'm talking about the whole were better than you thing. If your a good person your a good person. CCH may teach those values but it doesn't necessarily mean because you go there it's true. For instance you have a kid who left Ryle to come play for you and he is an athlete! I'll give you that. And he was before he came there. So going to CCH does not make you a better person, or in Aaron's case a better athlete. He is what he is and he should not be allowed to play because it's against the rules. I assume you think he should. So like many others you think the rules don't or shouldn't apply? Am I correct or wrong. I've been both many times..lol $$ you know if you go to CCH or HHS your in the club. Don't act like you don't know...lol
. Well I know which player you are talking about. And it would like to inform you that he has changed his ways, the teachers, coaches, students, and players here transformed him into a respectable young man. That's what CCH does. But I don't know what is more embarrassing, the fact that you would talk poorly about a young man on here or the fact that you couldn't change him. You want people to respect you, how about you in turn treat others the same.

Edited by Randy Parker

Nobody is disrespecting me personally. I'm talking about the whole were better than you thing. If your a good person your a good person. CCH may teach those values but it doesn't necessarily mean because you go there it's true. For instance you have a kid who left Ryle to come play for you and he is an athlete! I'll give you that. And he was before he came there. So going to CCH does not make you a better person, or in Aaron's case a better athlete. He is what he is and he should not be allowed to play because it's against the rules. I assume you think he should. So like many others you think the rules don't or shouldn't apply? Am I correct or wrong. I've been both many times..lol $$ you know if you go to CCH or HHS your in the club. Don't act like you don't know...lol

 

This is what happens when you let the kids play on here.

Edited by Randy Parker

I have two sons that graduated from CCH. With that said' date=' Aaron can get all you mention (education, God, recruiting, and friends for life) at Boone. He has more friends for life at Boone than he's going to develop in one year at CCH. My understanding is that faith is already very important to the young man. Catholic religion classes aren't going to suddenly make him closer to God. Film from Boone shows up on the same computer screen as film from CCH. He can get whatever education he desires at Boone. It's really up to him. My gut says this move is simply about football.[/quote']

 

I'm actually a believer that CCH provides a premium grade education. Or else I'm just a sucker who plans to spend almost 10k a year to send his kid to high school lol. Not at CCH though, here in Ohio where the rates are a lil higher than that.

Fortunately for Floyd, the KHSAA gets to weigh in on the matter and make an informed decision. Most people know nothing more than they've heard second hand or read on a message board. I trust the KHSAA to make a reasonable decision based on information presented that almost all posting will not get to see or hear.

 

I have no confidence in the KHSAA - zero.

 

With that said I really hope Aaron is eligible regardless of the reason. You only get to be a senior once and my hope is that the kid can have a year full of memories on the field.

. Well I know which player you are talking about. And it would like to inform you that he has changed his ways, the teachers, coaches, students, and players here transformed him into a respectable young man. That's what CCH does. But I don't know what is more embarrassing, the fact that you would talk poorly about a young man on here or the fact that you couldn't change him. You want people to respect you, how about you in turn treat others the same.

 

I try to treat everyone with respect but there are a few lines you should not cross. We can have this discussion in private as to not publcly air my issue with a not named young man. I only speak the truth. I would be glad to hear he has changed.

Edited by Fear the Nation

Fortunately for Floyd, the KHSAA gets to weigh in on the matter and make an informed decision. Most people know nothing more than they've heard second hand or read on a message board. I trust the KHSAA to make a reasonable decision based on information presented that almost all posting will not get to see or hear.

 

At this time that informed decision appears to be negative ghost-rider.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.