Cov Cath Freshman Football

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Cov Cath had freshman sign ups last week. I heard they had between 40- 50 kids sign up! I also heard that there was talent coming from all over NKY!

They should since they can enroll from anywhere, no set boundaries. Not sour grapes, just fact. Hey, maybe they can have multiple freshman teams and send one over to play in Ohio. I hear that is what the middle school program is doing.

They should since they can enroll from anywhere, no set boundaries. Not sour grapes, just fact. Hey, maybe they can have multiple freshman teams and send one over to play in Ohio. I hear that is what the middle school program is doing.

That's what I'm hearing. The middle school is pulling out of the NKMSAA to play in the GCL. Just based on what the middle school program did last year, they have a pretty solid group coming back. The didn't win the championship like they did almost every other year they were in the NKMSAA, but were probably the second best team. They didn't have the size they normally have. But assuming, they pull a few kids from other areas, like they normally do, they'll probably be solid as usual.

That's what I'm hearing. The middle school is pulling out of the NKMSAA to play in the GCL. Just based on what the middle school program did last year, they have a pretty solid group coming back. The didn't win the championship like they did almost every other year they were in the NKMSAA, but were probably the second best team. They didn't have the size they normally have. But assuming, they pull a few kids from other areas, like they normally do, they'll probably be solid as usual.

You know, I kind of find that a little sad. It hurts the NKMSAA. I guess we may be seeing the beginning of a split between publics and non-publics. Really a shame.

But hey, sorry about the thread jack. This thread is supposed to be about CovCath frosh football.

Boy if so they're getting some really solid experience that will help them big time down the road.

Boy if so they're getting some really solid experience that will help them big time down the road.

I guess they will. I just hate to see them leave NKMSAA. Having strong teams in your league helps the rest of the league in my opinion.

You know, I kind of find that a little sad. It hurts the NKMSAA. I guess we may be seeing the beginning of a split between publics and non-publics. Really a shame.

But hey, sorry about the thread jack. This thread is supposed to be about CovCath frosh football.

The NKMSAA hurts the NKMSAA, there structure and rules continue to hurt NKY football. Cov Cath is making a great decision by playing over in the GCL in Ohio, will only benefit those players going forward.

The NKMSAA hurts the NKMSAA, there structure and rules continue to hurt NKY football. Cov Cath is making a great decision by playing over in the GCL in Ohio, will only benefit those players going forward.

Agreed plantmanky. May be a little rough at first adjusting to the GCL weight limits, but overall a positive decision.

As for the incoming Frosh- though this group did not make a title appearance, they certainly have the pieces to make big contributions to the Varsity down the road- which is what it's all about after all.

There are several kids playing multiple sports, but when it comes to football, should they choose to stay on that path I think you will hear great things about some of these kids- in no particular order:

AJ Meyer- QB

Sam Schuh- WR/ DB

Adam Schneider- WR/DB

Luke Lenihan- WR/ DB

Paul Thelen- WR

Jack Defraites- LB

Grant Deyer- RB

Jack Maile- wherever he wants to go;)

A few other incoming kids from non traditional parochial schools will help out a ton as well.