Cov Cath Freshman Football

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayer...

Some of those kids are 90 pounds soaking wet. Unless they have significant height and weight gains, I would not get carried away with their athletic futures in football or basketball, nor place unrealistic expectations on them. Not fair to them. Fun part of high school is seeing kids develop.

Agreed plantmanky. May be a little rough at first adjusting to the GCL weight limits, but overall a positive decision.

As for the incoming Frosh- though this group did not make a title appearance, they certainly have the pieces to make big contributions to the Varsity down the road- which is what it's all about after all.

There are several kids playing multiple sports, but when it comes to football, should they choose to stay on that path I think you will hear great things about some of these kids- in no particular order:

AJ Meyer- QB

Sam Schuh- WR/ DB

Adam Schneider- WR/DB

Luke Lenihan- WR/ DB

Paul Thelen- WR

Jack Defraites- LB

Grant Deyer- RB

Jack Maile- wherever he wants to go;)

A few other incoming kids from non traditional parochial schools will help out a ton as well.

What are the weight limits for the GCYL?

And a very nice kid! I wish all good athletes would conduct themselves like he does.

His parents are top notch. I once reffed a game where his older sister played. Could not have been any more polite on the court.

Agreed plantmanky. May be a little rough at first adjusting to the GCL weight limits, but overall a positive decision.

As for the incoming Frosh- though this group did not make a title appearance, they certainly have the pieces to make big contributions to the Varsity down the road- which is what it's all about after all.

There are several kids playing multiple sports, but when it comes to football, should they choose to stay on that path I think you will hear great things about some of these kids- in no particular order:

AJ Meyer- QB

Sam Schuh- WR/ DB

Adam Schneider- WR/DB

Luke Lenihan- WR/ DB

Paul Thelen- WR

Jack Defraites- LB

Grant Deyer- RB

Jack Maile- wherever he wants to go;)

A few other incoming kids from non traditional parochial schools will help out a ton as well.

Is Maile going to play football?? He hasn't played football since he was about 9 years old (and he was a beast). I'd love to see him back on the football field.

Is Maile going to play football?? He hasn't played football since he was about 9 years old (and he was a beast). I'd love to see him back on the football field.

He played Colonel Youth Football as a 6th grader. Looked just like his dad running the football. Since going to Turkeyfoot for 7th and 8th grade he has not played. I have no idea if he plans on playing in High School.

He played Colonel Youth Football as a 6th grader. Looked just like his dad running the football. Since going to Turkeyfoot for 7th and 8th grade he has not played. I have no idea if he plans on playing in High School.

Didn't know he played in 6th grade. I remember him playing with the Raiders in the NKYFL on a team with most of the current 8th graders at Woodland that just won the NKMSAA championship.

The NKMSAA hurts the NKMSAA, there structure and rules continue to hurt NKY football. Cov Cath is making a great decision by playing over in the GCL in Ohio, will only benefit those players going forward.

I know someone who is a coach and I have heard of some issues the past few years. Not quite sure I want to get into them publicly on this forum.

Mayer...

Some of those kids are 90 pounds soaking wet. Unless they have significant height and weight gains, I would not get carried away with their athletic futures in football or basketball, nor place unrealistic expectations on them. Not fair to them. Fun part of high school is seeing kids develop.

Maybe one weighs that much but then again- when did I tout them to be world beaters? I just simply named a few kids who I see good things happening with this year- and possibly once they get to the varsity level should they choose to stick with basketball.