Cov Cath Freshman Football

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? Most public school districts aren't open enrollment. Am I misunderstanding your post?

Most public school districts are open. We had this discussion a while back and the conclusion was reached that Boone County was in the minority when it comes to closed boundaries.

Most public school districts are open. We had this discussion a while back and the conclusion was reached that Boone County was in the minority when it comes to closed boundaries.

That burning desire to play for a ship. Keep it going. Beat those chests folks. Perhaps the BC schools should just give up sports all together. They will not be able to keep up soon. Just give it up now and focus on academia. After all, why be in the minority?

That burning desire to play for a ship. Keep it going. Beat those chests folks. Perhaps the BC schools should just give up sports all together. They will not be able to keep up soon. Just give it up now and focus on academia. After all, why be in the minority?

I'm not sure what you're saying here, but if a school wants set boundaries good for them. But don't complain about other schools not having boundaries when you set boundaries for your school.

One of the semi ironic things about all this is the "school district teams" complain and moan about teams like Cov Cath who have open enrollment (outside of county district lines) and such and bring up things like its an insurance issue to play them. When the reality is Teams like Cov Cath and others are better covered under insurance and in some cases public school teams are not covered at all when you get into the policies.

I'm not sure what you're saying here, but if a school wants set boundaries good for them. But don't complain about other schools not having boundaries when you set boundaries for your school.

Oh, I will complain just like I complain about it to the school officials. But when there is nothing that can be done because of the overcrowding issues due to continued growth, coupled with inequities in state funding for the school district, it is not going to change anytime soon.

Oh, I will complain just like I complain about it to the school officials. But when there is nothing that can be done because of the overcrowding issues due to continued growth, coupled with inequities in state funding for the school district, it is not going to change anytime soon.

I'm again not sure I understand. So, you are saying your school is open, but is filled to capacity and now can't except any more out of district students?

I'm again not sure I understand. So, you are saying your school is open, but is filled to capacity and now can't except any more out of district students?

No. His school does not allow out-of-district kids.

8th grade weight limit is 170. That is not back weight...if you weigh 171, you do not play. That is the way it was explained to me.

What happens to the kid that weighs more than that? Do they have to play on the line or something?

I'm not sure what you're saying here' date=' but if a school wants set boundaries good for them. But don't complain about other schools not having boundaries when you set boundaries for your school.[/quote']

Dont want to jack this thread but its obvious by your response you dont understand why some districts are forced to close their borders.

You are not allowed to play, period.

That really surprises me. Where do all the big kids play?? Although I would still expect the competition to be much better in the GCL, this rule would seem to seriously hamper the development of D-Line and O-line play.

That really surprises me. Where do all the big kids play?? Although I would still expect the competition to be much better in the GCL, this rule would seem to seriously hamper the development of D-Line and O-line play.

Its all about the league set up. There are at least 5 different leauges in the GCL area and all have different limits on its players. So where they can not play in one, they can play in another.

Dont want to jack this thread but its obvious by your response you dont understand why some districts are forced to close their borders.

Nope, sure don't.

And, personally I don't care if a school wants to close their borders. That's their decision. But, I don't think anyone should complain about others not closing their borders just because some schools did.