Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Requiem for the Big East

Featured Replies

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff, Gavitt had a vision and it ended up becoming a monster.

DVR'd it. But I thought it looked like it'd be excellent.

Watching and it has been very good

Hate what football did to all the conferences

  • Author

Patrick Ewing was one tough son of a gun. These guys would be kicked out of the NCAA these days.

Patrick Ewing was one tough son of a gun. These guys would be kicked out of the NCAA these days.

 

Yes they would be. Tough conference in more than 1 way

Awesome 30 for 30. It was as good as I thought it would be.

What I find interesting is the Big East and ESPN helped build each other and in the end ESPN was the main one pushing the buttons to kill the Big East.

Thought the documentary was great. I wish they'd had the time to do a Ken Burns-length documentary on the entire history of the league. So many interesting stories to tell. Basically didn't cover anything between 1986 and 2011 and still didn't have enough time.

 

The ACC is going to be fun, but it's not the same. I was SO EXCITED when Louisville got the invite to the Big East. Lots of urban schools with similar interests in mind. Wish we could have stayed forever.

It's on my DVR; will likely watch it before bed.

Good show. Good insight, good memories. I really liked it.

 

BTW whatever happened to Michael Graham? Did he play four years at Georgetown? I know the Hoyas got a bad rap to an extent during the 80's, but that dude was a Thug. #hockeygoon.

 

Ed Pickney gave great perspective, loved him on the show. Mullen was really good as well. John Thompson was really good. He's gonna tell ya what he thinks.

 

Boeheim was awesome too. I hated this guy during the 80's, as I thought he was a "whiner". The more I've watched his teams, and listened to what he says over the years the more and more I like him. I think he's probably a totally different guy than the one I thought he was when I was a kid.

Just finished it. Great production, ESPN is a crappy network but the 30/30 series is on point.

I honestly didn't know John Thompson was like that, but it was awesome. My kinda guy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.