Requiem for the Big East

HammerTime

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I read somewhere during a Georgetown vs Syracuse game people were throwing oranges at Ewing and Jim Boeheim stormed to the announcers desk, grabbed the mic and threaten the Syracuse fans that he would forfeit the game if fans continued to throw objects at Ewing. Does anyone remember seeing that game or reading about it somewhere else? If it is true, huge thumbs up to Boeheim.

They had a clip in the documentary where Ewing was shooting a free throw and someone through and orange and hit the back of the backboard while he was shooting. Might be what you are referring too. They said that Big John Thompson removed his team from the floor, but didn't mention anything about Boeheim.

I do find it ironic ESPN glossed over the fact it was the Pitt President that pushed turning down the billion dollar TV deal as he was in talks with the ACC and ESPN about leaving the league. If the network is going to tell the story, at least give the full story in how they were complicit in the demise of the Big East...

There was no way ESPN was going to honestly tell the story of how they torpedoed the league by all but negotiating the way for Pitt and Syracuse to enter the ACC rather than lose the Big East's TV deal to FOX. They glossed over it in exactly the way I imagined they would. The last 10 minutes were really the only blemish on a great effort by 30 for 30.