Game Cancellations 2/14/14

Well it appears Mother Nature is showing off again tonight bringing an Alberta Clipper through the Ohio Valley and areas south of the River. I figure there will be several games cancelled so i thought iwould start a thread so people could post their cancelled games for their favorite teams.

So far ive heard the following games are cancelled :

Augusta vs. Paris

GRC vs. Grant

Scott vs. Brossart

Will probably be adding Bracken vs. East Jessamine just waiting on that to be confirmed. They let school out at 1:15 cant see them having a game tonight.

Have heard conflicting reports on the BOK at NKU tonight, so i dont know if its on or not. News is saying most Northern Kentucky schools are dismissing early NCC, CCH, etc. Kenton County BOE is sayin all evening events are cancelled so i cant see them playing the BOK but i have been wrong before.. If they do play it everyone please be safe in your travels to and from the event. :thumb:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it appears Mother Nature is showing off again tonight bringing an Alberta Clipper through the Ohio Valley and areas south of the River. I figure there will be several games cancelled so i thought iwould start a thread so people could post their cancelled games for their favorite teams.

So far ive heard the following games are cancelled :

Augusta vs. Paris

GRC vs. Grant

Scott vs. Brossart

Will probably be adding Bracken vs. East Jessamine just waiting on that to be confirmed. They let school out at 1:15 cant see them having a game tonight.

Have heard conflicting reports on the BOK at NKU tonight, so i dont know if its on or not. News is saying most Northern Kentucky schools are dismissing early NCC, CCH, etc. Kenton County BOE is sayin all evening events are cancelled so i cant see them playing the BOK but i have been wrong before.. If they do play it everyone please be safe in your travels to and from the event. :thumb:

Games are being playing tonight (as of now) per Dixie and NKU.

While I agree it's not snowing where I live eithier the impending white death will happen at some time tonight and I believe most schools would rather cancel now then having a travel nightmare if the snow comes after the games start. All though I don't want to miss any basketball action like everyone else. I absolutely do not want any players, fans, and/or students to be in danger to attend a basketball game. Not to mention some of these visiting teams have a long trip to and from their games. Longer trip equals more opportunity for something to go wrong. :ohbrother:

As for the BOK. It's on for now but I think the only reason for that is it a money driven event. And reschedule of the games is next to impossible. Please be safe if you intend on going.

While I agree it's not snowing where I live eithier the impending white death will happen at some time tonight and I believe most schools would rather cancel now then having a travel nightmare if the snow comes after the games start. All though I don't want to miss any basketball action like everyone else. I absolutely do not want any players, fans, and/or students to be in danger to attend a basketball game. Not to mention some of these visiting teams have a long trip to and from their games. Longer trip equals more opportunity for something to go wrong. :ohbrother:

As for the BOK. It's on for now but I think the only reason for that is it a money driven event. And reschedule of the games is next to impossible. Please be safe if you intend on going.

I think you are exactly right about the money driven part, the Kenton County Board of Education has displayed what they call safety all year, but let this event go onnnnnn..

I think you are exactly right about the money driven part, the Kenton County Board of Education has displayed what they call safety all year, but let this event go onnnnnn..

What team do you support? I'm sure you are aware there are 3 other teams (CCH, NCC, and Holmes) playing in this event tonight. Why single out KCSD for allowing the games to go on when the other three are as well?