NKFCA Selects All-Star Teams

RomanEmpire

For those who might not know, as outlandish, over-the-top, and childish as UK#1fan is, the qb he roots for is just the opposite.

Mr. Kuntz is polite, mature, and a very humble young man who had a great season for SK!!

Love it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who might not know, as outlandish, over-the-top, and childish as UK#1fan is, the qb he roots for is just the opposite.

Mr. Kuntz is polite, mature, and a very humble young man who had a great season for SK!!

Kuntz is a very good kid.

First, congratulations to the Beechwood Tigers named to this team:

Tight End – Jonathan Stokes (Beechwood)

Defensive Linemen - Brayden Combs (Beechwood)

Linebackers – Devon Everett (Beechwood)

Defensive Backs - Max Shover (Beechwood)

Second, a question for everyone - should a player be named on both sides of the ball?

I can see both sides of the debate on that question. Yes, because the player was the best at that position on both sides of the ball. No, because naming great athletes on both sides of the ball keeps deserving players from receiving recognition. Where does everyone else fall in response to that question?

The best corner was left out Austin Kelly from SK.

Brandon Youngblood was also left out and he played pretty darn well this year. I also agree with Mr Sixer in that Kyle Henderson was very deserving and anyone who thinks he made his tackles all in the secondary really doesn't know how Cooper uses its safeties. They are used in run defense more than anything and play more like linebackers than anything else. Kyle was a beast and one of the best defenders in NKY period.

First, congratulations to the Beechwood Tigers named to this team:

Tight End – Jonathan Stokes (Beechwood)

Defensive Linemen - Brayden Combs (Beechwood)

Linebackers – Devon Everett (Beechwood)

Defensive Backs - Max Shover (Beechwood)

Second, a question for everyone - should a player be named on both sides of the ball?

I can see both sides of the debate on that question. Yes, because the player was the best at that position on both sides of the ball. No, because naming great athletes on both sides of the ball keeps deserving players from receiving recognition. Where does everyone else fall in response to that question?

The same thought popped in to my mind as well. I guess it depends on the purpose of the recognition. If it's meant to recognize as many player as possible that were highly successful on the grid iron then I think being named once is plenty. If the voters felt that those kids truly were the best at both of their positions and that's what they're supposed to be voting for then I don't see a problem with it. I wouldn't be surprised if the intentions were for players to only get named once. I don't see a problem with it though.

It already has been on Friday as part of a notebook that led with the Top 26 honorees that's where this item was copy and pasted from to begin the thread ... it hasn't been in print yet due to space... hoping it actually runs tomorrow (Sunday)

Somebody didn't do their homework big time in defense. There is no way Cooper Safety Kyle Henderson does not make either of these teams on defense. All he did was have 130 tackles, finished 5th in the State in tackles, and led the State with 13 tackles per game. Not taking anything away from the guys on this list but some players made both O/D teams that should/could have been replaced with Henderson. Just my opinion but the stats clearly speak for themselves in this case.

You sure???? NewCath's Jack Sutkamp had 209.5 in 15 games for an average of 13.966666667, a .5 more an he's at 14 per game.

Which games?

The one his junior year with the rain blowing sideways? Was there a QB in that game that killed it?

Or this year when he was getting killed as described by you?

The vast majority of us do not know what to even look for when evaluating whether a kid can play D1. So we resort to a binary evaluation. Steve Spurrier doesn't do that. Ohio State doesn't do that.

If you watched the E11 you see what colleges see and what they're looking for. Do all E11 QBs go on to big-time careers? Of course not. There are always intangibles involved.

You and others weren't impressed. Fine. We all see beauty differently. I'll trust the eyes of the guys who know what beauty looks like at that level.

Come on Clyde! I know you have a huge interest in the young man and indeed I am happy for him and you but in the three games I saw him play:

2011 10th grade year 195 passing yards in 41 attempts.

2012 11th grade year in a driving rain storm 35 yards in 8 attempts.

2013 12th grade year 56 yards in 20 attempts.

Total for the three games that I saw him play he had 286 yards in 69 attempts.

Again I am happy for the young man and you and you are correct, the College Coaches know more about the game than I will or you will ever know but I can only go by what I saw on the days I saw him play and on those days.........