NKFCA Selects All-Star Teams

RomanEmpire

Stats are certainly impressive but they don't always tell the whole story. Yes he was a sure tackler and brought down a lot of players that made it deep into the secondary when Coopers D Line and LB's couldn't get the job done up front. Does that mean he's automatically better than the other players that were selected because their teams did a better job of stuffing/stopping the offensive threat before it ever made it to their level?

If that is your best argument how do you explain Bricking making 1st team at LB? Obviously he was doing his job. Second you obviously know nothing about the defense Cooper runs as the safety plays an intrical part of the run defense. I'm not begrudging ANY player that made any team as all are good players. I could point out some obvious issues and dispute some selections but I don't and never will take anything from any player that is selected on BGP. My point is his stats speak for themselves he would have been on one of the teams if I were selecting which I'm not. You can take all that talk about somebody not getting their job done somewhere else.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is your best argument how do you explain Bricking making 1st team at LB? Obviously he was doing his job. Second you obviously know nothing about the defense Cooper runs as the safety plays an intrical part of the run defense. I'm not begrudging ANY player that made any team as all are good players. I could point out some obvious issues and dispute some selections but I don't and never will take anything from any player that is selected on BGP. My point is his stats speak for themselves he would have been on one of the teams if I were selecting which I'm not. You can take all that talk about somebody not getting their job done somewhere else.

I don't care either which way but this stuff isn't just based solely on stats. He had a great season, and there is always going to be someone left off of these type of teams that's probably more deserving, that's just how it is. When there are a lot of great players to sort through, some on much better teams than others someone is likely to get over looked. Really don't think it's anything worthy of taking offense to.

Plus Kuntz beat Barker and Houliston lost to Collins. Kuntz beat Collins. :D

Once again you are wrong. Let me correct you. SK beat Conner. Collins beat Highlands. SK beat Collins. Football is a team sport. Remember that. Don't forget it. I really hope you don't think Andy Dalton is a better QB than AR or TB.

Once again you are wrong. Let me correct you. SK beat Conner. Collins beat Highlands. SK beat Collins. Football is a team sport. Remember that. Don't forget it. I really hope you don't think Andy Dalton is a better QB than AR or TB.

Kuntz got the win Barker got the loss!

Kuntz got the win Barker got the loss!

Barker never overly impressed me in seeing him play three games vs. CovCath but he is getting a free college education by attending a D1 College and playing football and I know that the UK staff (SEC conference) is looking for big things from him and Kuntz has signed where?

Barker never overly impressed me in seeing him play three games vs. CovCath but he is getting a free college education by attending a D1 College and playing football and I know that the UK staff (SEC conference) is looking for big things from him and Kuntz has signed where?

Kuntz will probably go to WKU you know the school who beat UK 2 years in a row! :D

So you are saying SK is the better team? Or are you saying Barkers teammates are just not that good? :D

So at the moment Barker is winning that battle. Scholarship in hand vs. a maybe?:idunno:

Didn't Barker go to 100 camps? While Kuntz was busy playing AAU basketball. Kuntz went to less than 15 camps and has alot of schools looking at him.

Barker never overly impressed me in seeing him play three games vs. CovCath b

Which games?

The one his junior year with the rain blowing sideways? Was there a QB in that game that killed it?

Or this year when he was getting killed as described by you?

With all the stats showing the results of this victory for CovCath, what you can't read, is the reason because if you had attended the game, it was easy to see and that was the play of both the "O-Line" and "D-Line" of CovCath.

The O-line opened up holes Saturday that even TOG could have run through, and while Drew Barker was harassed by CovCath D-line, Ben Dressman had more than enough time to throw the ball. These players I would like to honor: Seniors Pat Connaughton, Nick Kathman, Alec Kaelin, and Christian Stewart, Juniors Joe Ledonne, Sam Murrer and Jacob Roth and Sophomore Nathan Baute.

The D-line just made the day miserable for Barker

The vast majority of us do not know what to even look for when evaluating whether a kid can play D1. So we resort to a binary evaluation. Steve Spurrier doesn't do that. Ohio State doesn't do that.

If you watched the E11 you see what colleges see and what they're looking for. Do all E11 QBs go on to big-time careers? Of course not. There are always intangibles involved.

You and others weren't impressed. Fine. We all see beauty differently. I'll trust the eyes of the guys who know what beauty looks like at that level.