NKY Middle School Basketball 2013/2014

stinkyboy II

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly only one home loss?

According to earlier posts, Ockerman plays Camp Ernst in the district 2/3 game. Pretty sure Camp Ernst won the regular season matchup.

Highlands 7th beat Ockerman at Ockerman. And I don't know if they played or not, but I can tell you that Gray says they did not lose to Ockerman, and Campbell County says they did not lose to Ockerman...

Highlands 7th beat Ockerman at Ockerman. And I don't know if they played or not, but I can tell you that Gray says they did not lose to Ockerman, and Campbell County says they did not lose to Ockerman...

I thought they had had more than 1 loss. Not knocking them at all...they are solid.

I'll take Ockerman and St. Pius in the finals with Ockerman getting redemption against their only lose of the season. St. Pius defeated Ockerman soundly but the Rockets were any place but in the gym that night. Played as poorly as I have seen them play all year. Rest assured if St. Pius were to beat Ockerman, which I don't feel will happen, it will certainly not be by the margin it was in their first meeting.

This was in regards to Henry Steele's commit about the tournament being Conner's 8th tournament to lose. Not the 7th grade. Ockerman's 8th grade team is very good. I've seen a lot of 8th grade teams this year and IMO St. Pius and Ockerman are two of the better teams around.

This was in regards to Henry Steele's commit about the tournament being Conner's 8th tournament to lose. Not the 7th grade. Ockerman's 8th grade team is very good. I've seen a lot of 8th grade teams this year and IMO St. Pius and Ockerman are two of the better teams around.

I didn't see Conner play Ockerman or St. Pius; do you know who won those games? In the games that I have seen Conner play, they have looked very good, including two very convincing wins against Holy Trinity. I wish (as I have said many times now) that there were standings and results posted, so we didn't have to rely on second and third hand information as far as who beat whom. Do you know the records of the top 8th grade teams (presumably Ockerman, St. Pius, Conner)? I would appreciate being enlightened.

I did not see every team. I have watched about 14 of the 20 teams.

St Pius, IHM, Conner, and Camp Ernst all impressed me. Saw each of those teams early in the season. Newport is very well coached and play well together. Highlands has progressed, has the size and guard play to make a run.

If HMS plays through their bigs, they are tough to beat. When they fall in love w/ the 3, it is very hit or miss. It cost them against Holmes, but helped them against Campbell Co.

So Boone County had a meeting at 2pm today to determine if games could be played.

They ruled that high school games could be played but not middle school games.

Seems odd as school was cancelled Tuesday as well, but the 6th grade boys RA Jones played their first round district game against Grant County. Game was played at Camp Ernst, another Boone County school.

Brackets are out for all grades.

IN 7th Boys.

District 1 @ Ockerman

RA Jones Vs Grant Co winner to play Gray

Ockerman vs Camp Ernst

District 2 @ IHM

Ludlow vs Tichenor winner to play Conner

IHM vs St. Pius

District 3 @Summit View

Summit View vs Beechwood winner to play Turkeyfoot

Twenhofel vs Woodland

Distict 4 @Highlands

Sharp vs Newport winner to play Campbell Co

Highlands vs Holmes

My thoughts on these District Tournaments.

District 1 will likely see Camp Ernst and Gray advancing to the Regional.

District 2 will showcase a huge 1st round game in a loser goes home match. IHM vs St. Pius. I think St. Pius recently won by 2 points. Matchup of two very good bigs in Coldiron and Thelen. I see IHM exacting revenge at home and advancing to play Conner in the finals. Conner and IHM advance.

District 3 showcases another great 1st round loser goes home game with Twenhofel vs Woodland. Turkefoot will likely play Woodland in the finals, just my prediction. Turkeyfoot and Woodland advance.

District 4 will showcase the Birds at home again vs Holmes. They beat the Bulldogs 2 weeks ago and led most of the game. I expect them to take care of business and play the Camels in the Finals. Birds and Camels advance.

Good call on the IHM - St. Pius winner. IHM wins by 4 tonight to advance.

In sixth grade girls, District 4, Newport defeats Sharp and Highlands defeats Holmes. Highlands avenged a 20+ point regular season loss to move on to the finals and an assured birth in the regional. Campbell County, the top seed, now gets Newport, with the winner advancing to the district final game against Highlands.

In seventh grade boys, District 4, Newport defeated Sharp to advance to play Campbell County, the top seed in the bracket. Newport/Campbell County and Holmes/Highlands should be a pretty good double bill at Highlands on Saturday (Newport defeated Campbell County last year, and Holmes defeated Highlands, during the regular season last year, and both avenged those losses earlier this year.)