NKY Middle School Basketball 2013/2014

stinkyboy II

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What grade are they in, and what level do they play? The girls at Cooper are particularly interesting... does Cooper have different rules regarding playing up than other Boone County schools, like Conner and Ryle, because there are definitely girls at those two schools that COULD be playing up and are not.

Can't answer the Cooper rules question other than I heard the their coach fought very hard to have them moved up. Both are capable of contributing on the varsity level. Lexi is actually up for player of the week this week!

Cooper

Lexi Held - 8th grade - starts varsity

Aysia Mitchell - 8th grade - starts JV and dresses varsity

Camp Co

McKenzie Schwarber - 8th grade - Plays a ton of varsity.

Holmes

McClendan - 8th grade - Starts varsity

8th boys - Conner

7th boys - Highlands/Campbell (but I think there are a lot of good teams in this grade)

6th boys -???

8th girls - Twenhoffel

7th girls -Highlands/Conner (These two teams should go unchallenged to the finals, coin flip from there...both very good teams)

6th girls - Conner

HHS Girls 8th grade lost to IHM in their second game (only two losses on the season) and have come a long way including three wins over a tough Conner squad that recently lost to IHM by 2 pts. IHM has had a great season but there are several teams that could challenge this title......

The "forgotten lot" of 8th graders aren't bad either sporting a 5-2 record ........just sayin.:sssh:

I watched them play at the Dayton tournement and them girls are awesome... I really

like the way they played as a team and the bench was stacked as well.

Update to last night's post.

Holmes 6th Grade Boys heaved a 3 pointer at the buzzer to beat the Highlands boys by 2 points.

Highlands 7th Grade led most of the game vs Holmes but some late 3's by Holmes helped them claw back. Austin King was clutch once again down the stretch for the Birds hitting a big 3 and securing 2 FT's with seconds left.

Highlands 8th Grade beat Holmes not sure of score.