NKY Middle School Basketball 2013/2014

stinkyboy II

I agree. Makes it tough on everyone to improve. Now, if we can just get them to stop shooting so many 3s.

I've been saying that for years, since my daughter played. 3 games a week with only 1 or two days of practice doesn't give kids an opportunity to improve, especially the bench. Games are only 24 minutes long (4 6 minute quarters). Not nearly enough time to develop players.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Woodland's 8th grade boys team doing?

Not sure of the record, but they lost to Gray last night at the buzzer, after being up by 10 or so at the end of the 3rd. They have 3 or 4 losses already. A couple of losses came when they were missing some players before thanksgiving.

HHS 7th grade is talented in boys and girls. As mentioned above, HHS girls did beat Conner girls recently. Conner beat HHS during the season and in the region finals last year. Conner and HHS girls teams really are a level ahead of the other girls teams right now. HHS did beat them in overtime recently, but HHS also has an ace up the sleeve. They have a 7th grade girl that is actually seeing varsity time right now. So add her to the group already there and they are pretty good!

Both Conner and HHS are loaded in 6th and 7th grade girls bball.

8th grade Twenhofel #44 just threw a football pass buzzer beater from the other basket and it went in! Very cool!

The play was at the end of the first half. With .5 seconds left and IHM at the free throw line Twenhofel rebounds missed free throw on the block. Rebounder turns and throws baseball style full court and it goes in the basket. It was pretty cool to see even though I am an IHM supporter. My only question is that with .5 seconds left, is there enough time to catch and shoot before time expires?

The play was at the end of the first half. With .5 seconds left and IHM at the free throw line Twenhofel rebounds missed free throw on the block. Rebounder turns and throws baseball style full court and it goes in the basket. It was pretty cool to see even though I am an IHM supporter. My only question is that with .5 seconds left, is there enough time to catch and shoot before time expires?

To answer your question, the answer is "yes". Anything over .3 seconds can be a catch and shoot.

HHS 7th grade is talented in boys and girls. As mentioned above, HHS girls did beat Conner girls recently. Conner beat HHS during the season and in the region finals last year. Conner and HHS girls teams really are a level ahead of the other girls teams right now. HHS did beat them in overtime recently, but HHS also has an ace up the sleeve. They have a 7th grade girl that is actually seeing varsity time right now. So add her to the group already there and they are pretty good!

The "forgotten lot" of 8th graders aren't bad either sporting a 5-2 record ........just sayin.:sssh:

Highlands girls program is in great shape right now, with lots of AAU experienced girls in the pipeline... lots of Division 1 AAU state championship trophies on these girls' shelves... Coach Richey should have a lot to work with for at least the next 6 years.....