NKY Middle School Basketball 2013/2014

stinkyboy II

All Highlands MS games, boys and girls, against Woodland cancelled for tonight. I assume if the school is shut down, games are cancelled. Ft. Thomas schools are operating, but I assume Kenton County is not. I was looking forward to the Highlands-Woodland matchups actually... should be good competitive games on the boys side (not sure about the girls) but both schools are solid at the 7th and 8th grade levels....

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The play was at the end of the first half. With .5 seconds left and IHM at the free throw line Twenhofel rebounds missed free throw on the block. Rebounder turns and throws baseball style full court and it goes in the basket. It was pretty cool to see even though I am an IHM supporter. My only question is that with .5 seconds left, is there enough time to catch and shoot before time expires?

Seems hard to believe a kid can get a rebound, spin, **** his arm back far enough to hurl it full-court and do that all in 1/2 of a second. No way.

Highlands boys 6th defeated Summit View 29-24.

Highlands boys 7th dominated SV 41-19 tonight. Birds 7th are now 10-0 on the season.

Whoa!!! It sounds like the players and coaches have settled in nicely. I do know HHS 7th coach Scott Blasingame was pretty excited for the chance to coach this group of kids. Pretty good choice by HHS for getting Scott. Knows the game well and comes from some very deep NKY sports roots.

Too bad he has no clue what he is talking about when it comes to coaching 7th/8th grade level football. J/K.....I am very blessed to have Scott on my football staff!

Highlands 6th Boys defeated Beechwood in FT Mitchell.

Highlands 7th grade boys

on 33-31 in One of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. They were letting kids get murdered on both ends. SOAS ref that everyone cant stand. Jack Hegge WHO has a great game scoring for the Birds left the game with a head injury, a hematoba as big as a baseball on his forehead. He May have a concussion. Birds as 8-10 pt leas most of game but Beechwood foght to the end. Birds imperove to 11-0. Coach Blasingame has done a great job with this group. He uses some great situational substitutions today which were key.

Newport 6th grade downed Highlands 33-27.

Highlands 7th Boys won 52-30. Game was tied at 21 at the half. Birds turned up the press in the 2nd half outscoring the Wildcats 31-9. Several key contributors on this Team. The talent does not drop off when they sub at any point in the game. Very deep group with a great mix of athleticism and Basketball IQ.

Birds are now 13-0 with a 2nd round Dayton Tourney game vs Holy Family slated for Sat night at 9:15.