NKY Middle School Basketball 2013/2014

stinkyboy II

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dayton Tournement is starting to get intresting. Does anyone know what happened to the 7th grade Turkeyfoot boys team. CC was suposed to play them the first round, they were there, and left the gym. CC then played Summit View??

I was off on the Highlands 7th boys record. They are now 15-0 on the year after defeating Conner last night in the Dayton Tourney. They advance to face a tough Campbell Co team on Thursday afternoon in the Semi's.

Birds were 1-12 from the Field in the 1st Qtr falling behind 10-3. They clawed back in the 2nd qtr on some big Three pointers to trail 22-17 at the half. Conner hit a few big threes to maintain their lead as well.

The 2nd half was all Birds. They came out firing outscoring the Colts from Hebron 20-6 in the 2nd half to win 37-28. Alex Starkey got on track and dominated the boards in the 2nd half and finally got some stickbacks to fall and Austin King reached double figures as well for the Birds. The Bird press created several turnovers and a few easy buckets as well. Not many FT's in this one for both teams as the Refs refused to call fouls on shot attempts even though some kids were being murdered. That goes both ways, unreal how crappy the officials can be at all levels. Heck one of the refs kept stepping off to the side and talking to HS girls who were standing in the doorway to the gym while the ball was ready to be inbounded.

Highlands 7th boys suffered their 1st loss of the year to Campbell Co in the Dayton Holiday tourney 51-37. CC was led by big man Tanner Lawrence and the Jolly twins. A close game through the first half the Camels made a nive 3rd qtr run extending lead to 10 and never looked back.

Later that night Highlands played St. Joseph of Cold Spring in the loser bracket semis and it was a barn burner. The Bluejays, led by one man wrecking crew 6' 180lb Brian Duffy, led almost the entire game by 4-6 points. Highlands made a huge run in the 4 the qtr to take a 3 point lead with 40 sec left. Duffy then took over and tied the game on a stickback with 1.5 sec left in regulation. Game goes to Overtime where St Joes jumped out ahead by 4 led by Duffy. It looked bad for the Birds but down 41-37 with 38 sec left Brandon Finn scored and Austin King got a big steal off the press. King attacked, scored and got fouled with 26 sec left. He converted the FT to put the Birds up 42-41. Duffy then took the inbounds (with 4 fouls) and streaked down the sideline where

Birds missed both FTs of double bonus. St Joes got off an off balance baseline shot that missed. Birds win a close one. Final 42-41.

Duffy had to have close to 30 of the 41 Bluejay points. Highlands was led by Austin King and Alex Starkey. They will advance to finals and a rematch on Sunday vs the Camels where they will have to beat them twice in the double elimination format. Birds are now 16-1.

Sorry for the 3 separate posts but I'm using my daughters Nook and it doesn't allow you to edit once you accidentally hit submit. Lol

7th grade Lady Birds remain undefeated and recently won the Dayton Christmas tournament. All of this and one of the 7th grade girls is playing Varsity for Highlands and doesn't play on the 7th grade team. They will be a force when they get older!

Birds missed both FTs of double bonus. St Joes got off an off balance baseline shot that missed. Birds win a close one. Final 42-41.

Duffy had to have close to 30 of the 41 Bluejay points. Highlands was led by Austin King and Alex Starkey. They will advance to finals and a rematch on Sunday vs the Camels where they will have to beat them twice in the double elimination format. Birds are now 16-1.

Sorry for the 3 separate posts but I'm using my daughters Nook and it doesn't allow you to edit once you accidentally hit submit. Lol

Duffy is a player. But I hear every year in the stands that people question his real age??? Last nite I overheard a conversation that no one knew his age, so they just put him in the 5th grade when he was enrolled in school there. I do not know how old the young man is, but I do know he looks much more physically mature than almost all 7th graders. I like watching him play though. Some of his spin moves are un real.

Duffy is a player. But I hear every year in the stands that people question his real age??? Last nite I overheard a conversation that no one knew his age, so they just put him in the 5th grade when he was enrolled in school there. I do not know how old the young man is, but I do know he looks much more physically mature than almost all 7th graders. I like watching him play though. Some of his spin moves are un real.

100% Duffy is a 7th grader! Some boys just mature faster than others. He is a great kid with great parents!

100% Duffy is a 7th grader! Some boys just mature faster than others. He is a great kid with great parents!

Nobody is questioning whether or not he is a 7th grader and nobody questioned his parents. It seems to appear that he is a very very mature 7th grader and the word around NKY is there is no legitimate birth certificate for the young man. I am not positive but I think his family origin is Guatemala. Regardless, he is a very nice player. His team came up a little short though against the Birds last week.

Highlands will try to exact revenge on Sunday in the Dayton Tournament Championship game vs. Campbell Co. The Camels handed the Birds their first loss of the season last week.

Nobody is questioning whether or not he is a 7th grader and nobody questioned his parents. It seems to appear that he is a very very mature 7th grader and the word around NKY is there is no legitimate birth certificate for the young man. I am not positive but I think his family origin is Guatemala. Regardless, he is a very nice player. His team came up a little short though against the Birds last week.

Highlands will try to exact revenge on Sunday in the Dayton Tournament Championship game vs. Campbell Co. The Camels handed the Birds their first loss of the season last week.

Yes that is what I have heard in the stands for a couple of years now as well.

Guest comeonman

Holy Trinty's 8th grade plays Conner's 8th in the championship of the Dayton tourney saturday at 830pm. I'm tell you one thing if you havent seen Holy Trinty's 8th grade team yet ur missing out! The pressure u all game an force turnovers like I never seen before. Prolly the best 8th grade team in the area.