NKY Middle School Basketball 2013/2014

stinkyboy II

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize 5th grade isn't middle school but I figured this would be a good spot.

I watched a kid from St Paul named Kaiser (Tyler?) today shoot. I don't see a lot of 5th grade/middle school games but there can't be many kids with a better stroke than what I saw today. Anyone seen him play?

I realize 5th grade isn't middle school but I figured this would be a good spot.

I watched a kid from St Paul named Kaiser (Tyler?) today shoot. I don't see a lot of 5th grade/middle school games but there can't be many kids with a better stroke than what I saw today. Anyone seen him play?

No. But Joe Buten can really stroke it. He goes to St.Thomas.

Tyler is a terrific player, has really nice handle, and shoots it from deep with good form. Outstanding 5th grader.

No. But Joe Buten can really stroke it. He goes to St.Thomas.

Brendan's little brother I presume.

I hear there is a very very good group heading to Highlands Middle School next year. Couple them with this year's 7th grade team who is 19-1 and the future does look somewhat bright for Highlands. The 6th grade group has a couple very nice players in Hunter Ahlfeld and Bryson Huddleston. I am also assuming Joe Buten will be a Bluebird.

I hear there is a very very good group heading to Highlands Middle School next year. Couple them with this year's 7th grade team who is 19-1 and the future does look somewhat bright for Highlands. The 6th grade group has a couple very nice players in Hunter Ahlfeld and Bryson Huddleston. I am also assuming Joe Buten will be a Bluebird.

The best AAU team in NKy at the 5th grade level is Gametime and almost all of those kids will be going to HMS next year. There are some kids on that team that can knock down 3's at a high percentage. It is easier to watch them than it is Highlands varsity...:scared:

Curious about something.... Other than Zoie Barth at highlands, the two eighth graders at Scott and Taylor clos at Campbell county, are there any other 6th or 7th or 8th graders playing up? Same goes for boys.... Anybody aware of any boys in 6th or 7th or 8th playing up?

Mckenzie Schwarber at camp co. Lexi Held and Aysia Mitchell at cooper. McClendan from Holmes. Are a few more on the girls side.

He is Brendan's brother and will be a bird next year.

Mckenzie Schwarber at camp co. Lexi Held and Aysia Mitchell at cooper. McClendan from Holmes. Are a few more on the girls side.

McKenzie is a very nice player. Understands the game way above her age and one thing that really impresses me about her is how physical she is on the block. She boxes out and is NOT afraid to bang with the big girls. Runs the floor extremely well and will take a charge. :thumb:

What grade are they in, and what level do they play? The girls at Cooper are particularly interesting... does Cooper have different rules regarding playing up than other Boone County schools, like Conner and Ryle, because there are definitely girls at those two schools that COULD be playing up and are not.

Okay, since it looks like the weather is going to keep us from ever playing another regular season game, I figure to make it interesting I am gonna throw out picks to win the region for each grade division and see if that sparks any debate... My picks are:

8th boys - Conner

7th boys - Highlands

6th boys - St. Pius

8th girls - IHM

7th girls - Highlands

6th girls - Highlands

Whaddya think?

Okay, since it looks like the weather is going to keep us from ever playing another regular season game, I figure to make it interesting I am gonna throw out picks to win the region for each grade division and see if that sparks any debate... My picks are:

8th boys - Conner

7th boys - Highlands

6th boys - St. Pius

8th girls - IHM

7th girls - Highlands

6th girls - Highlands

Whaddya think?

8th boys--Conner, Camp Ernst, St Pius

7th boys--Highlands

6th boys--?

8th girls--IHM

7th girls--?

6th girls--?

8th grade last home game:

Some here on BGP have shared ways that they try to make this a special night for their 8th grade boys and girls teams.

With all the cancellations, the date of that last home game has probably also changed.

I will reserve my picks until I see the 7th Grade Highlands Boys make up 3 games against these opponents. Gray/Twenhofel and Turkeyfoot. All 3 were cancelled due to snow. I believe Gray game is being made up at Highlands next Monday night.

Highlands takes on Holmes on Thursday night in the BirdsNest at 6pm.