NKY Middle School Basketball 2013/2014

stinkyboy II

Yes, that is correct. I was given bad info from a 13 yr old.

if CC wins tonight then they would be the 1 seed. If Highlands wins they go undefeated in District play and get the 1 seed. CC lost to Holmes earlier in the season and Highlands beat Holmes. Game is at CC MS tonight.

Who coaches the Campbell County 7th grade team?

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 3 meetings this year Highlands Boys 7th have beaten CC twice.

In the Dayton Tournament CC won by 11 in their first meeting and then Highlands had to beat them twice in the championship game both by close margins. Should be a very good game tonight out in Alexandria as both are loaded teams.

Yes, that is correct. I was given bad info from a 13 yr old.

if CC wins tonight then they would be the 1 seed. If Highlands wins they go undefeated in District play and get the 1 seed. CC lost to Holmes earlier in the season and Highlands beat Holmes. Game is at CC MS tonight.

Is that for certain? Because you would have a three way tie, Campbell County, Highlands, Holmes, and the next tiebreaker as I understand it is head to head, which remains a tie since they all beat each other, but I don't know what the next tie breaker is... points? overall records? coin flip?

Does anyone know for certain?

I still haven't heard the definitive answer on the tiebreaker issue.... you have Highlands, Holmes and Campbell County all with 3-1 district records, and they obviously have beaten each other... so the district record is tied, the head to head is tied... what's next? Overall record? If so, then what about all the games that weren't rescheduled? Or is it margin of victory against each other? Or is a coin flip? Surely this is written down somewhere, isn't it?

From what i was told last night they go off of overall record for the season.

Well, if that's the case, then I think Highlands gets the number 1 seed because they have only lost 3 (2 to Campbell County, 1 to Gray) and I know Campbell County has lost at least that many (2 to Highlands, 1 to Holmes, and also to Gray. I am assuming they lost to Gray because Gray had only lost two games as of last week, to Twenhofel and Scott Co.). So if Highlands has only lost 3, the makeup game against Twenhofel on Friday takes on a lot of meaning, right?