NKY Middle School Basketball 2013/2014

stinkyboy II

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carried over from the previous thread.. Ft Thomas has placed the weight of the world on some 7th graders... A lot of potential in some 4th graders who are playing against 5th graders...When it is all said and done, most of the kids will grow to about 6'1 and be future stars of the Transy Intramural Program....Proceed. Go Neers.

So no posting of scores or results yet... since there isn't a site anywhere where results are posted (is there?) here is what I know...

Highlands boys 7th defeated St. Pius

Highlands boys 7th defeated IHM

Highlands boys 7th defeated Conner

Conner boys 7th lost to Highlands

Conner boys 7th lost to Campbell County on last second 3 point play

Conner boys 7th defeated Newport

Conner boys 7th defeated St. Agnes

Highlands boys 6th lost to St. Pius

Highlands boys 6th lost to IHM

Highlands boys 6th lost to Conner

On the girls side, in a pretty big surprise the Highlands 7th knocked off defending regional champion Conner in overtime in a battle of two very solid teams...

This is kind of exhausting.... can't somebody take the lead in providing updates to the NKMS website?

Carried over from the previous thread.. Ft Thomas has placed the weight of the world on some 7th graders... A lot of potential in some 4th graders who are playing against 5th graders...When it is all said and done, most of the kids will grow to about 6'1 and be future stars of the Transy Intramural Program....Proceed. Go Neers.

I'm sure many who follow this thread regularly get your point but I do not.

Are you saying 7th grade parents in Ft T are overestimating the talent level of the boys?

On the girls side, in a pretty big surprise the Highlands 7th knocked off defending regional champion Conner in overtime in a battle of two very solid teams...

?

Nice win. Conner handled them a bit last year when I watched.

I'm sure many who follow this thread regularly get your point but I do not.

Are you saying 7th grade parents in Ft T are overestimating the talent level of the boys?

Nope. Know nothing about the team. It was tongue in cheek. A lot of posts about those particular boys. It will be interesting to see how they progress and whether some end up at NCC or some other basketball school (meaning any school other than Highlands ;))

Nope. Know nothing about the team. It was tongue in cheek. A lot of posts about those particular boys. It will be interesting to see how they progress and whether some end up at NCC or some other basketball school (meaning any school other than Highlands ;))

It is a very athletic group and good mix of multi sport kids. I doubt any of them end up at NCC but some will likely go the baseball/football route strictly. 1-10 pretty even as far as basketball talent though.

Highlands swept RA Jones tonight in 6th/7th/8th.

Birds 7th are now 4-0 and play Ockerman/Cooper on Monday/Tuesday.

Highlands 6th grade boys evened their record at 3 - 3 with a win at Camp Ernst tonight.

Nice game. HHS won the game by being more aggressive on the boards. Both teams have some nice young players.

After the game I was thinking about the amount of games versus practice time that these teams have. HHS has now played 6 games in the last 9 days. They had 1 practice in the middle of that run. They will be off for the holiday until games on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday of next week. I guess they will get a practice in on that Wednesday.

That will be 9 games in 18 days with only 2 practices.

Highlands 6th grade boys evened their record at 3 - 3 with a win at Camp Ernst tonight.

Nice game. HHS won the game by being more aggressive on the boards. Both teams have some nice young players.

After the game I was thinking about the amount of games versus practice time that these teams have. HHS has now played 6 games in the last 9 days. They had 1 practice in the middle of that run. They will be off for the holiday until games on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday of next week. I guess they will get a practice in on that Wednesday.

I believe a lot of teams are in the same boat in terms of practice time vs. games played.

Good to hear I know they struggled early.

I agree. Makes it tough on everyone to improve. Now, if we can just get them to stop shooting so many 3s.