NKY Middle School Basketball 2013/2014

stinkyboy II

Holy Trinty's 8th grade plays Conner's 8th in the championship of the Dayton tourney saturday at 830pm. I'm tell you one thing if you havent seen Holy Trinty's 8th grade team yet ur missing out! The pressure u all game an force turnovers like I never seen before. Prolly the best 8th grade team in the area.

They are up there. I have seen them a couple times and they could compete with anyone, but i don't know if they are the best in the area.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conner defeats Holy Trinity 56 (maybe 58?) to 45 to win the Dayton tourney. Very entertaining game, some outstanding skills on both sides. Holy Trinity was undersized next to Conner, and had a tough night shooting the ball until the last 3 minutes, when they made a little run. Conner led by about 26 with 3 minutes to go, and then Holy Trinity knocked down a bunch of threes to make it a little interesting. Conner is skilled and big - Kunkel's as solid with the ball as anyone in No Ky, and Walters is just too much of a load and has great hands. For Holy Trinity, Steve Pangallo is the real deal, just didn't really get it cranked up til late in the second half. Looking forward to watching these guys battle for the next few years....

In the 8th grade girls championship game, Highlands defeated Conner.

Tomorrow Highlands meets Campbell County in the 7th grade championship game at noon..... Highlands has to beat them twice, back to back, to win it.....

Conner defeats Holy Trinity 56 (maybe 58?) to 45 to win the Dayton tourney. Very entertaining game, some outstanding skills on both sides. Holy Trinity was undersized next to Conner, and had a tough night shooting the ball until the last 3 minutes, when they made a little run. Conner led by about 26 with 3 minutes to go, and then Holy Trinity knocked down a bunch of threes to make it a little interesting. Conner is skilled and big - Kunkel's as solid with the ball as anyone in No Ky, and Walters is just too much of a load and has great hands. For Holy Trinity, Steve Pangallo is the real deal, just didn't really get it cranked up til late in the second half. Looking forward to watching these guys battle for the next few years....

In the 8th grade girls championship game, Highlands defeated Conner.

Tomorrow Highlands meets Campbell County in the 7th grade championship game at noon..... Highlands has to beat them twice, back to back, to win it.....

That task was accomplished just a couple hours ago.

Game 1

Birds fall behind 14-6 in the 1st qtr but get back into the game and it was neck and neck throughout. Down 2 points 47-45 with 18 seconds left Highlands guard Austin King drained a huge 3 pointer to put the Birds up. Camels came down and attempted to drive and score but turned it over. Birds hold on to force a 2nd game. Win 48-47.

Game 2

Birds fall behind 14-10 after 1st qtr but utlizing t heir entire bench throughout both games they wore down the Camels who seemed to only go 7 deep. Spencer Macke was a scoring machine for the Bluebirds and made some key FT's at the end of the game to stave off the Camels. Birds win the Championship 44-40 and take the Trophy. MVP- Spencer Macke and All Tourney Team selection was Austin King.

Reid Jolly is a very good 7th grade basketball player, he can score when he wants to and shoots very well. Drew Wilson is a nother fine player for the Camels, great first step and loves to attack. Both these boys made the All Tourney team as well. Both are impressive.

However, I was not impressed with the Camel's head coach taking his team off the floor while they announced the Birds the Champions and gave them the trophy. Great lesson to teach your team buddy.

IHM 8th beat Tichner tonight. (50-37)

#1 for Tichner 8th is a nice player. I'm assuming he'll be heading to Lloyd for HS.

IHM 7th won a close one with Tichner.

Did not catch the 6th grade score.

IHM 6th grade boys won big...not sure of the score but it was not close.

Yeah and he is even a Highlands alum. Yes, what a shame!

Just to circle back to my post.....the CC coach actually took the time to send me a message apologizing and explaining there was no intent to disrespect and it was an oversight. He is a good coach and has a nice team. I do appreciate him taking the time to send the message and will make sure out team parents who made me aware of the issue know. Well done coach.

Just to circle back to my post.....the CC coach actually took the time to send me a message apologizing and explaining there was no intent to disrespect and it was an oversight. He is a good coach and has a nice team. I do appreciate him taking the time to send the message and will make sure out team parents who made me aware of the issue know. Well done coach.

Glad to hear that, because I think he does a nice job with his team. Thanks for posting.

Highlands 7th grade girls remain undefeated with a win over Sharp last night. Moving ever so close to the showdown with Conner in the region finals. Can't wait for that game!

Curious about something.... Other than Zoie Barth at highlands, the two eighth graders at Scott and Taylor clos at Campbell county, are there any other 6th or 7th or 8th graders playing up? Same goes for boys.... Anybody aware of any boys in 6th or 7th or 8th playing up?