First Album/CD You Ever Purchased?

Clyde

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clyde started a great thread and perhaps one that he thought could spawn, just this once, a straightforward answer from B-Ball.... LOL.... Right...

The first one in my personal collection was gifted to me for Christmas and was:

The Partridge Family: At Home With Their Greatest Hits. - 1972

It was all that I wanted for Christmas that year and I played it to death.

The next one gifted to me for Christmas by my oldest sister was:

Crosby and Nash - Wind on the Water - 1975- She was a big fan of CSN&Y and I really loved that album - still do - she was turning me on to some hip stuff... Thank you Patsy!!!

The next one gifted to me for my birthday in 1976 was Boston's first release.

My sister Sharon's boyfriend and eventual X Tom got me that one - Loved Loved Loved it!!!

The next two gifted to me by my oldest sister in 1977 for Christmas were:

Heart - Little Queen

ELO - New World Record

Great gifts from Patsy again - She knew what would rock my world.

The next from sister Debbie for Christmas same year '77 -

Kenny Loggins - Celebrate Me Home

She was a big fan and I think really bought it for herself. I sorta liked it but mostly found it to be a bit cheesy.

The first one I purchased with my own allowance was:

Foreigner - "Double Vision" that I bought at a record shop called: The Lemon Starship in 1978 - the album came with a souvenir Foreigner Double Vision Key that the shop owner explained was a hotel key meant as a fantasy joke for the band's groupies. He continued to explain that Lou Gramm had a tradition during shows to spot a chick in the audience and give her his hotel room key. I think that I had the key for years and now haven't a clue where it is located, if in fact I actually still have it?. Perhaps when I die, it'll turn up.

In the 45's department off the top of my head:

Heart - Barracuda

Fleedwood Mac - Dreams

Hall & Oats - Rich Girl

Steve Miller - Fly Like An Eagle

David Bowie - Fame

Queen - We Will Rock You/ We Are the Champions

Foreigner - Cold As Ice

The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23

That's the only 45's that I can remember at the moment all around 1977

I remember rattling off my collection to some of my classmates to impress them because in general I was a nerdy unpopular kid, but thought that if they knew that I had a groovy developing hip collection they would think that I was cool.

Now I get the chance to relive this and rattle them all off to you.

Thanks for the opportunity Clyde... Great memories!

I was playing whiffle Ball in the street with some buddies at the age of 9 yrs old and a teenager who lived on the street was blasting this album. I was enamored to say the least even at this early age. When Eruption started playing....I went up and knocked on the kid's door asking him who he was listening to. LOL

A week later I asked my mom to buy me this album.

VH.jpg

First Albums that I had are ones that I received for Christmas when I was about 10 from my "Cool Aunt"...KISS ALIVE II and QUEEN News of the Day

I honestly can't remember the first album that I purchased because we bought a lot of singles back then. First album would have been a cassette, may have been Dr. Hook then probably AC DC Highway to Hell or Back in Black.

I was playing whiffle Ball in the street with some buddies at the age of 9 yrs old and a teenager who lived on the street was blasting this album. I was enamored to say the least even at this early age. When Eruption started playing....I went up and knocked on the kid's door asking him who he was listening to. LOL

A week later I asked my mom to buy me this album.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41027[/ATTACH]

I wish I could say this was my first album, but I didn't get on the Van Halen train until a few years later. But I have owned this Album, the Cassette and at least 2 copies of it on CD.

I got my first albums in when I was in 6th grade in 1981---my mom signed back up for the Columbia Record Club (6 albums for a Penny!!!), and let my brother and I pick out two albums each. My two were AC/DC's "Back in Black" and "Diary of a Madman" by Ozzy.

:lol2: Guilty pleasures I suppose. It just doesn't fit with what I listen to now...or even a year or two after I bought the album. My music cred just took a hit with AA and Jim Schue. :lol2:

Mine was "Cruisin" by the Village People and an ABBA greatest hits set. I don't got much of a leg to stand on.