Movies That Take You Back To Your Childhood

Beta and VHS were both products on my early adult life so I'll go even further back to movies that were aired on 1 of the 3 networks (pretty much the only channels you got) annually that were always cause for a family TV night. The one that jumps to mind is The Wizard of Oz. I clearly remember watching it one year on my grandparent's brand new color TV (late 60's) and being very disappointed at first that it was in black and white. I got over that when Dorothy opened her house's front door in Oz. BTW we didn't get the first color set at my house until I was a junior in HS (1976).

Mary Poppins and A Hard Day's Night were the first two movies I can remember seeing, don't know which one came out first.

Opened August 29, 1964!

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Disney's Snow White (that one was pretty scary for a little kid if you think about it!)

All those Elvis movies :lol2:

Herbie movies

My Side of the Mountain

Bad News Bears movies

Planet of the Apes movies

As for television shows , Uncle Al ,made a starring appearance on there twice ,Stringbean's clubhouse with Bud Chase as Stringbean and as the Mean widdle kid down the street Bob Schreve , Kookla Fran and Ollie , Howdy Doody , Skipper Ryle . I remember listening to Hop-a-long Cassidy on the radio also Big Jon and Sparky their theme song was this (

)

I was 9 years old in 1978 when Grease came out. I saw it at least 20 times at the Newport Cinemas. Heck, I watched it just last night when I found it while channel surfing. Always takes me back in time to when life was easier and all I cared about was riding my bike and playing in the creek by my house.