Louisville vs Michigan for the National Championship

02Ram54

Who will win the National Title  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the National Title

^Very good analysis. I have a couple of friends who are Michigan fans and they have complained about the defense all year.

Due to the nature of UL D, teams usually shoot above their average from three against them. If Siva/Smith aren't in foul trouble then they will need to shoot well to stay in it. Foul trouble + 3s is really the only recipe I see for a UL loss.

UM hitting from 3 is obviously a must, and a key component in taking UL down. The were 7th in the Big East in 3 pt defense at 31.4% and a big reason is Smith and Siva just don't have the length to really run guys off the line. Ware was making maybe his biggest impact in this area with his length.

If Burke has the ball in his hands the majority of the time things get a lot tighter. Have to force it out and make Hardaway put it on the deck as often as possible. You can bet the UL staff is looking at the VCU game for keys on how Michigan busted the pressure. Burke actually turned it over a ton in that one, but VCU didn't defend at all once the press was broken. Stopping a Beilein offense is really tough, but Pitino knows it pretty well from his WVU days...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is in no way shape or form a jab at Burke, because that guy is good. But I just don't see Pitino allowing Burke to beat them. UofL usually does a pretty decent job and at least containing the opponents best player. I see them trying to keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible.

If I've learned one thing during this tournament, I've learned not to bet against Trey Burke. Dude is a stud.

Mike Tirico made an interesting comment about the game this morning on Mike & Mike. He said if the game is called like an NBA game, Louisville's entire team will be fouled out by halftime. He said the handchecking that, specifically Siva and Smith, get away with is a foul. I personally haven't watched UofL enough to know if what he says has any merit. He seemed to think that how tight the game is called will determine the outcome. :idunno:

I too sat there thinking when the last National Player of the Year looked so average in the Final Four and I couldn't place it. Louisville will kill them in my opinion. Michigan hasn't seen pressure like they will face Monday night for 40 minutes.

I agree.

Watching Michigan at the end of the Syracuse game look so shaky with the ball leads me to believe that UL will win this game.

I think Louisville wins easily. 10 to 14 points. They had their scare last night. That won't happen in the championship game.

I believe you are right. Wichita St. had a good opportunity to knock off the Cards, but tried to milk the clock and it probably cost them.

Louisville is the best team in the country right now and I can't see Michigan being disciplined enough to beat them. This should be a fitting way for Siva, who has certainly experienced his share of ups and downs with the Cards, to go out.

If I've learned one thing during this tournament, I've learned not to bet against Trey Burke. Dude is a stud.

Mike Tirico made an interesting comment about the game this morning on Mike & Mike. He said if the game is called like an NBA game, Louisville's entire team will be fouled out by halftime. He said the handchecking that, specifically Siva and Smith, get away with is a foul. I personally haven't watched UofL enough to know if what he says has any merit. He seemed to think that how tight the game is called will determine the outcome. :idunno:

It is super simplistic to analyze the game as "tight is bad for Louisville" because Louisville has Russ Smith. If the game is called like an NBA game, Russ might make 20 points on the line alone, because Michigan's D is not stout enough to stop him.

I am praying for a Fab Five reunion tonight. Four of the Fab Five will likely be there and Webber lives in Atlanta. No one knows if he is coming. I hope he shows up. It'd be great for the game.

That would be cool, that way when Louisville sends them home, the fab 5 can cheer them up and say, yeah we couldnt do it either.

I believe UL will prevail either way, just seems like destiny this year.

Someone on the sports reporters stated that the officials usually adjust their calls to Louisville's style of play as the game goes on, instead of the other way around.