Louisville vs Michigan for the National Championship

02Ram54

Who will win the National Title  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the National Title

Outside of last year when the Wildcats were playing, I can't think of a National Championship I was more looking forward to watch. I think/hope this is going to be a great game.

Neither team has won a championship since the 80's. I think Louisville pulls it out in a close one 71-67.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMO, Louisville has played and seen everything Michigan brings to the game. Granted, Burke is a really good player; yet Louisville is very good as a team, deep, and someone seems to pick up when others aren't playing the way they should be, which is why I don't see the title leaving the Commonwealth.

Guessing Ricky & the Cards hope the "best player in college basketball" duplicates his 7 point. totally lacking in impact (although he did make one FT while Michigan was trying to give the game away down the stretch) performance of tonight's game on Monday--Hard to tell who's more overrated between Burke and the mega-hyped Hardaway Jr. who tried as hard as I've ever seen to give one away tonight. Cards for fun on Monday--Big trophy stays in the Commonwealth!!

I'm with you on Hardaway but Burke? On what planet is that guy overrated?

18.5 pts and 7 asts per game. Dude is a flat out stud.

Yes he is. Syracuse zone and length slowed him down but he didn't force it. I think he will play much better against Louisville against their smaller guards.

Most of the national guys are focusing on the UL D vs Michigan O as the key to the game, the reality is it will likely be decided on the other end. Michigan is not an above average team on the defensive end, and if UL can exploit that as they should I'm not sure this game is close at the final media time out. If Siva and Smith can get to the rim off the pick and roll UL has an effective half court offense, and I'm not sure Michigan can keep either out of the paint.

To further that point one of the main ways UM was able to break the VCU pressure was to put Albrecht on the floor with Burke to help limit the pressure impact. He will get abused trying to guard either Smith or Siva. If those two stay out of foul trouble I have the Cards going away...

^Very good analysis. I have a couple of friends who are Michigan fans and they have complained about the defense all year.

Due to the nature of UL D, teams usually shoot above their average from three against them. If Siva/Smith aren't in foul trouble then they will need to shoot well to stay in it. Foul trouble + 3s is really the only recipe I see for a UL loss.