Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville vs Michigan for the National Championship

Who will win the National Title 45 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win the National Title

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Outside of last year when the Wildcats were playing, I can't think of a National Championship I was more looking forward to watch. I think/hope this is going to be a great game.

 

Neither team has won a championship since the 80's. I think Louisville pulls it out in a close one 71-67.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Louisville wins easily. 10 to 14 points. They had their scare last night. That won't happen in the championship game.

Well, I am sick about this. Won't be on social media much until it's over.

 

One. More. Game.

Michigan by 4 with the best player in cbb.

Because of Trey Burke I'm going to take Michigan... By 3

IMO, Louisville has played and seen everything Michigan brings to the game. Granted, Burke is a really good player; yet Louisville is very good as a team, deep, and someone seems to pick up when others aren't playing the way they should be, which is why I don't see the title leaving the Commonwealth.

Guessing Ricky & the Cards hope the "best player in college basketball" duplicates his 7 point. totally lacking in impact (although he did make one FT while Michigan was trying to give the game away down the stretch) performance of tonight's game on Monday--Hard to tell who's more overrated between Burke and the mega-hyped Hardaway Jr. who tried as hard as I've ever seen to give one away tonight. Cards for fun on Monday--Big trophy stays in the Commonwealth!!

I'm with you on Hardaway but Burke? On what planet is that guy overrated?

I'm with you on Hardaway but Burke? On what planet is that guy overrated?

 

Agree. Burke is for real.

Agree. Burke is for real.

 

18.5 pts and 7 asts per game. Dude is a flat out stud.

18.5 pts and 7 asts per game. Dude is a flat out stud.

 

Yes he is. Syracuse zone and length slowed him down but he didn't force it. I think he will play much better against Louisville against their smaller guards.

Most of the national guys are focusing on the UL D vs Michigan O as the key to the game, the reality is it will likely be decided on the other end. Michigan is not an above average team on the defensive end, and if UL can exploit that as they should I'm not sure this game is close at the final media time out. If Siva and Smith can get to the rim off the pick and roll UL has an effective half court offense, and I'm not sure Michigan can keep either out of the paint.

 

To further that point one of the main ways UM was able to break the VCU pressure was to put Albrecht on the floor with Burke to help limit the pressure impact. He will get abused trying to guard either Smith or Siva. If those two stay out of foul trouble I have the Cards going away...

^Very good analysis. I have a couple of friends who are Michigan fans and they have complained about the defense all year.

 

Due to the nature of UL D, teams usually shoot above their average from three against them. If Siva/Smith aren't in foul trouble then they will need to shoot well to stay in it. Foul trouble + 3s is really the only recipe I see for a UL loss.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.