Ky Sr and Jr all star teams announced

Kentucky boys’ All-Stars named

Posted on March 30, 2013 by Jason Frakes

Four seniors from the Louisville area were among the 12 named Saturday to play for the Kentucky All-Stars boys’ basketball team that will face Indiana this summer.

Madison Central’s Dominique Hawkins, who was named Mr. Basketball on Friday, will wear the No. 1 jersey for the Kentucky squad when it faces Indiana on June 14 at Louisville’s Freedom Hall and June 15 at Indianapolis’ Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

Bullitt East’s Rusty Troutman and Derek Willis, Central’s Stuart Jackson and Trinity’s Darryl Hicks will represent the Louisville area on the team.

Here’s is the complete roster: Dominique Hawkins (Madison Central), Ken-Jah Bosley (Madison Central), Devonte Grundy (Bardstown), Darryl Hicks (Trinity), Stuart Jackson (Central), Tyler Jones (Montgomery County), Ray Kasongo (Pikeville), Jordan Majors (Hopkinsville), Omar Prewitt (Montgomery County), Rusty Troutman (Bullitt East), Jack Whitman (William & Mary), Derek Willis (Bullitt East).

Madison Central’s Allen Feldhaus Jr. is the head coach. Mason County’s Chris O’Hearn is the assistant.

Nineteen players were chosen for Kentucky’s Junior All-Stars team that will face Indiana on June 7 in Kentucky and June 8 in Indiana. Specific sites will be chosen at a later date. O’Hearn is the head coach.

Here are the junior All-Stars: Brent Bach (Augusta), Darion Burns (Fleming County), Christen Cunningham (Henry Clay), Jackson Davis (Lafayette), Trey Edwards (Hopkinsville), Trent Gilbert (Scott County), Jordan Green (Henry Clay), Trey Grundy (Henry Clay), Shane Hall (Johnson Central), LaMontray Harris (Pleasure Ridge Park), Brandon Hatton (Dixie Heights), D’Angelo Hunter (Pleasure Ridge Park), Trey Ivory (Trinity), Justin Johnson (Perry County Central), Kelan Martin (Ballard), Jaelin Sanford (Moore), Robert Shaw (St. Xavier), Hunter Shelton (Apollo), Quentin Snider (Ballard).

check-big.pngcheck-big.pngcheck-big.pngcheck-big.pngcheck-big.png

Without getting into a debate on inclusions/exclusions - congratulations to all who were selected.:thumb:

What I love about this site....good debate, this would be a great one too. Your thoughts?

Congrats to all those that made it. Lots of great talent across the state.

Congratulations to all of the boys that made the team. No real surprises on who made or missed the teams. After the first dozen or so 'locks' there were so many others that could have been chosen. I was speaking to some coaches about the selection process. Every kid gets discussed about his potential. I'm sure reputation has something to do with the choices. But they have earned their reputations by what they doing during the season or during AAU. I know as I sat there I immediately knew the names and faces of certain kids and others I probably never knew they were there. The senior portion of the program included pictures of the kids, the junior portion did not and they had issues with jersey numbers not matching the grading sheets. This could have hurt the chances of a lesser known kid, but as mentioned, they did a great job, overall, of selecting the teams.

Once again congratulations to the boys that made the tryouts and especially to those who made the team. Now go kick some Indy butt!:thumb: