So I order pizza for the kids...

theguru

I am not going to say what company.

I call and the person on the other end of the phone is obviously some roughage if you know what I mean. He/she (not sure which and the name could go either way) can't begin to get my order right and he/she couldn't add to save his/her life. So I take a deep breath and ask to talk to the manager. The manager gets on the phone, everything goes smooth and she explains to me the computer doesn't compute correctly when you are using coupons and that is why phone person got it wrong. It was more than that. 21 and 11 don't make 54 but hey just do what the computer says, right? So I go ahead and pay and the manager tells me about 35 minutes. So about 45 minutes later I get a call from the driver asking if I live on xxx drive or xxx place. There is no xxx place. Then I ask the driver where he is at and he is beyond you know Egypt (and I live real close to this pizza place). About another 20 minutes go by (should have only taken ten) and the driver shows up. I have him step inside and the young man needs to smoke a little less marijuana while he is delivering pizzas. It was really strong. He is nice, I pay only to figure out they forgot part of my order and the pizzas are not exactly hot. I call the manager back and she says she will get the missing items right out (they did not need to be cooked) and 20 minutes later the same driver showed back up with the missing items (I live no more than five minutes from this place).

The kids were happy with the pizza so I guess all is well but I am amazed some places stay in business in what everyone tells me is such a tough economy.

Anyone else have fun with the local pizza delivery place?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no rants about pizza places but I do have one about a toy store out in Florence on Mall Road. I bought my son a new bike and I had to pay the extra 20 dollars because it was already put together no big deal. Well get the bike home my son rides it. Next day my son goes to ride the bike and a training wheel fell off. Tried to call the store 3 times sat on hold forever so I run to the hardware store to get some new bolts and nuts to fix it. I ended up having to tighten up 6 bolts on the bike that where finger tight. Pretty sad a toy store can't put a bike together correctly the pizza delivery guy's brother must work at the toy store I am guessing. :D

I usually pick up the pizza when my son wants one. So much easier and I get hot out of the oven although old pizza taste pretty good if you warm it up in the oven instead the microwave.

Agreed. I never do delivery. Had a bad experience like G's and decided I'd go pick it up myself.

I've never had an issue with a delivery except one where the pizza actually never showed up. I called and I ended up getting two free pizzas on the house because of it. Overall though, I prefer to pick mine up for some of the very same reasons that were previously listed. It saves money on the delivery charge, you don't have to give a tip, and its hot and ready to go. If theres something wrong too, its already there and they can fix it fairly quickly. Saves a lot of the hassle.

I agree with everyone about picking up vs. having pizza delivered but there is something special when each of your kids have a friend spending the night and you decide to "order pizza."

So much for trying to be the cool dad.

It just made the night more exciting wondering where the delivery guy was. What happen to the 30 minutes or less? :D

I agree with everyone about picking up vs. having pizza delivered but there is something special when each of your kids have a friend spending the night and you decide to "order pizza."

So much for trying to be the cool dad.

We usually pick up also, especially now with the convenience of teenage drivers to run out. But I do agree that it's a fun novelty for the kids when pizza gets delivered. Guru, I think you have earned your Cool Dad title!

I am not going to say what company.

I call and the person on the other end of the phone is obviously some roughage if you know what I mean. He/she (not sure which and the name could go either way) can't begin to get my order right and he/she couldn't add to save his/her life. So I take a deep breath and ask to talk to the manager. The manager gets on the phone, everything goes smooth and she explains to me the computer doesn't compute correctly when you are using coupons and that is why phone person got it wrong. It was more than that. 21 and 11 don't make 54 but hey just do what the computer says, right? So I go ahead and pay and the manager tells me about 35 minutes. So about 45 minutes later I get a call from the driver asking if I live on xxx drive or xxx place. There is no xxx place. Then I ask the driver where he is at and he is beyond you know Egypt (and I live real close to this pizza place). About another 20 minutes go by (should have only taken ten) and the driver shows up. I have him step inside and the young man needs to smoke a little less marijuana while he is delivering pizzas. It was really strong. He is nice, I pay only to figure out they forgot part of my order and the pizzas are not exactly hot. I call the manager back and she says she will get the missing items right out (they did not need to be cooked) and 20 minutes later the same driver showed back up with the missing items (I live no more than five minutes from this place).

The kids were happy with the pizza so I guess all is well but I am amazed some places stay in business in what everyone tells me is such a tough economy.

Anyone else have fun with the local pizza delivery place?

You seem to have food issues whatever you do.

Guru, next time you are in Erlanger stop by Salvatores pick up a 3 pack (3 medium pizza kits) you put the stuff on the dough pop it in the oven 15 min and hot best pizza going. I think it was $12.00 for the package. Keep them in the freezer and you will always be ready for guest. JD

I live out in Independence. I'm on the north side, so I'm not out in rural Independence. I live around 3 miles from 2 particular pizza places, and around 5 from the same ones in a different direction. All 4 used to deliver to us. Now, none of the branches will deliver to me as I'm out of their service area. If a certain manager is at one, she will deliver as she doesn't want to pass up the business. However, I'm a 10 minute drive from these places, but I'm considered out of their range. We generally pick-up our pizza orders, but when you're having company over, it's nice to be able to pre-order and not have to leave during the party.