Kentucky Now Open Carry

rockmom

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I feel less safer knowing that now a person who is potentially looking to cause harm or havoc will be no less out of place than the people they're around.

This just seems illogical to me, but it's clear you'll never budge on your disdain for guns, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

You could be correct. BUT, CCL carriers are not limited to former military or law enforcement. Sorry...I don't feel more comfortable with CCL's or Open Carry people in my parks and libraries or zoo. I don't.

What happens when events are held in a city owned park? Forecastle Festival will be at Waterfront Park again this year. What about the a concert at the YUM! Center? Or a Broadway show at KY Center for the arts?

Like I said - CCL carries a lot of responsibility. A packed, crowed venue like a festival or a concert may well not be a place to carry. If you are coming into physical contact with others that is probably not good. But center for the arts? Black tie or jacket? Reasonable. Under shoulder holster should work fine and stay discrete. Friend who is former federal marshal said he had to quit carrying his .45 revolver when he was doing suit wearing duty as a marshal and switch to semi-automatic - he kept tearing suits when he would have to draw. Seems he had to that more frequently as a marshal than any average person would.

Well, I've (up to now), been able to go to the library, park and zoo without seeing any. The one time I encounterd a person carrying in the open, he started to pull the gun on me when I bumped into him as I got off the bus at my stop. THAT didn't make me feel too comfortable! I hot-hoofed it all the way home!

It sounds to me you've been traumatized. That is unfortunate this happened to you, and I'm glad you didn't get hurt.

You haven't seen too many because people just don't want to or feel the need to open carry. A very small, small percentage actually do. I bet he wouldn't of pulled a gun on you if you were open carrying.

I guess it's just me. I just don't feel comfortable thinking about taking my granddaugter to the park and worrying about people with guns. Or story time at the library...or the zoo.

I certainly am not comfortable going into city hall, where a lot of people are going beause they're ticked off about something, and being around a bunch of those angry folks with guns.

Legal possesion or not...just nothing about this gives me even one iota of a feeling of comfort.

The people who will open carry had permits and guns on them anyway. Now you know who it is.

Gun murder capitol of the country I believe (or near the very top)...Not the best place to relocate to.

Chicago murders top Afghanistan death toll

Between 2003 and 2011, 4,265 people were murdered in the city of Chicago. In 2012 alone, 512 people were murdered in the city.

Operation Enduring Freedom, the name for the war in Afghanistan, which started Oct. 7, 2001, has seen a total of 2,166 killed. The war has been ongoing for 11 years, 3 months and one week.

Operation Iraqi Freedom, the name for the war in Iraq, which started March 20, 2003, and ended Dec. 15, 2011, saw a total of 4,422 killed.

You sure you want to move there?

This just seems illogical to me, but it's clear you'll never budge on your disdain for guns, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I don't have a disdain for guns. I have a more than healthy respect for the danger of guns. I don't know why you guys can't understand that I am not against guns. But I don't think everyone needs a gun, and I don't think guns need to be everywhere. It increases the danger of a gun incident.

And frankly, I'm getting to the point where I think those of you who feel there should be no restrictions whatsoever on guns are more dangerous than the criminals! At least I can take precautions against the criminal element. You guys are where I eat, where my granddaughter will play, in the frickin' library, for Pete's sake.

\

It sounds to me you've been traumatized. That is unfortunate this happened to you, and I'm glad you didn't get hurt.

You haven't seen too many because people just don't want to or feel the need to open carry. A very small, small percentage actually do. I bet he wouldn't of pulled a gun on you if you were open carrying.

I'm not traumatized. But I don't trust a stranger with a gun. There are idiots everywhere, with or without guns. And who knows if the person you encounter is an idiot or not?

This sucks.

They were not on the list to begin with.

Before this: Libraries, zoos, city halls, etc-could prohibit guns. Now: Libraries, city halls, zoos, etc-cannot prohibit open carry or weapons.

Before this: The Louisville Zoo had a sign stating weapons must be secured in your vehicle. Now: They have to remove the sign because they have to allow you to carry your weapon in the zoo. Same for the library.