Why No Serious Recruitment NKY Football - is it just me?

Mr. Sixer

You have got to be joking... Where are you? In Ft Thomas Cake Eater dream land?? You call me out? sitting behind your computer screen. Probably in your grandmas basement I assume. Singling out one of the best high school football players to come out of NKY in a while.

Have you watched his tape? There are plenty of links to it in this forum if you'd like to take the time to watch it and educate yourself on the matter. You may sound like less of a fool. No hands? Low football IQ? Speed but no quickness? All statements are proven false within the first couple clips.

You are questioning is 4.4 time? You question 3 colleges ( UK, UC, Ball St) with laser technology? Along with coaches holding watches? Pure stupidity.

He doesn't have his recruiting endeavors splattered all over the Internet because he is a humble person. He's not a chest beating look at me look at me type of kid. . Like I mentioned previously many kids choose to keep their recruiting private within their families and close inner circles, Fogle is one of them. Scout, rivals and the others have to be updated by the player in case you were unaware.

The reason I did not answer your question about UK and UC previously is because Fogle does not want his business public. When the time comes, up you'll have the answer to your question.

In case you or any others can't tell, I am close to him and have a very low tolerance for Internet tough guys who talk out the side is their heads. If anyone would like to sit down and have a cup of coffee I'd LOVE to come meet them and discuss the topic more in depth. That invite was for you rcc9...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Okay, listen big brother! I didn't bring his name into the conversation. And if you read the posts, others questioned it. And as for sitting behind the computer, about 90% of the posters on here know exactly who I am. I use the same name, which are my intitials, on anything and anywhere I post. I'm not hard to find! I would say any of this to yours and anyone esle's face.

I would invite you to my grandma's basement, I'm sure with your Gtown education, that would be below you. Not a tough guy behind a computer. I'm a reality guy.

And I was just getting ready to post an apology to the poor kid. I will still, but not because his brother thinks I should.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more with Drop the hammer. Fogle is clearly one of the best players in the area. RCC9 clearly has never seen him play nor it sounds like he ever gets out of Ft Thomas. His knowledge of local football is much to be desired. First talking about Franklin Co. not playing any competition, then when proven wrong there he stated then their QB isn't very good....same QB with D1 scholarship, then back tracked and assumed that in the Franklin Co. game against Cooper that if Timmons wasn't targeted then the other receivers must of had big days and destroyed Cooper in which he again didn't realize we were talking about the playoffs in which Cooper won. Now he is back on talking garbage about one of the best players in the NKY area including all his own Hioghlands players.

RCC9, you need to give it up, you are fighting an uphill battle here.

If I give you the FC game as competition, then that's one game. Who else? We are talking about comp over a season, not one game that you hang your hat on and most felt was an upset.

Again, what did the other receivers do?

Seeing how Franklin Co. averaged putting up 59 points a game and for the first time all season they were held below 30 against Cooper, I'd say they didn't do much.

I couldn't agree more with Drop the hammer. Fogle is clearly one of the best players in the area. RCC9 clearly has never seen him play nor it sounds like he ever gets out of Ft Thomas. His knowledge of local football is much to be desired. First talking about Franklin Co. not playing any competition, then when proven wrong there he stated then their QB isn't very good....same QB with D1 scholarship, then back tracked and assumed that in the Franklin Co. game against Cooper that if Timmons wasn't targeted then the other receivers must of had big days and destroyed Cooper in which he again didn't realize we were talking about the playoffs in which Cooper won. Now he is back on talking garbage about one of the best players in the NKY area including all his own Hioghlands players.

Let me defend RCC a bit. He has admitted to not watching Fogle. He has asked questions that many are asking. For those of us who have watched him and admired his playmaking ability it is surprising that there hasn't been more interest. I didn't see any "garbage" being talked. He asks a question that many would ask who hear about how good Fogle is but then reads he doesn't have any D1 offers. Fair questions especially froms someone who doesn't have good insight into him.

I'm a big fan of the kid and I, too, am wondering what's going on. Either he's not as good as many of us think or there is something else OR he has offers that no one has mentioned.

Regardless of what it is all of us including RCC9 are rooting for him.

Bottom line, this thread was apparently created to focus on a couple players, not recruiting in NKY. It has sucked me in to breaking my own rule of not talking about individuals unless it was in a postitive manner. However, I feel that posters (very close to this kid) brought this on themselves. They posted a generic topic with intent of getting to their real intent of exposure for their kids or close relatives. I don't agree with that.

You can tell that these posters are wearing their hearts on their sleeves. I have kids and would do anything to help them, but I wouldn't discuss them by name on the internet. I would eliminate it as fast as possible.

I really, really hope this kid is a success. I hope he gets his college education paid for and lives his dreams. If he makes a roster, I'll root for him because he is from NKY...just like I do every NKY kid that moves on. But it won't be because of this thread!

I'm extremely sorry I let others suck me in to talking about the individual. If the topic would have stayed on subject, I stand 100% behind my original post! Okay, maybe not 1000's of kids run that fast, but the rest of it!

I won't address anymore of his family members on here, but if we really want to discuss the topic, I'd love to.

I didn't say it did. I know who won. I'm basically asking (which no one has answered) how did the other receivers do? When one guy requires so much attention, sometime others go off. Please tell me where I said it backfired in that game. But if I do recall it was a high scoring close game. So it may have worked, but barely.

And what does the cooper FC game have to do with recruiting in NKY? Unless they were here to recruit the losing QB and receiver from down state!!

Cooper had a great year. We were all cheering for them. But that doesn't mean they all of a sudden have a bunch of kids that are in high demand for college. Cov cath and HHS have a ton of great Nky football players every year that don't get to sniff the next level. Just because you have a fantasy season doesn't mean the scouts are going to be slobbering over your kids. I'm sure they are great athletes, but they are very common across the US. Sorry that the truth hurts.

To answer your question about the other recievers. Franklin Co threw the ball ofver 40 times and completed 21 of those passes. Not one Receiver on Franklin Co.'s team had over 60 yards receiving which should tell you they were not very succesfull tthrowing down field. I hope that helps you out.

okay, one more since you're addressing me. Man, you guys need to read better and quit putting words in my mouth.

Never said he wasn't one of he best players in this area. EVER. I said this area isn't very strong in football. That means that if he is one of the best in this area, that alone doesn't make him a great player.

Where did I say FC didn't play any competition and where did I say their QB wasn't any good???? I said If we count FC as a very good team, then that's one game of good competition for Cooper. Who else would be considered GOOD competition? And what I said was after about maybe 4-5 teams in the state, I wouldn't consider any other team GREAT compared to other areas of the country. Very average. In fact, I would say HHS (yes, the team I follow) would be just above average across the hotbeds of the US. And I think we are in agreement that they are one of the top programs in this state. And even I say they are not elite! We all have a false sense about what great football really is. Just because we make it to states in KY, doesn't means we are great teams or players. There was one elite team in this state. Period!

Again, if Timmons did nothing, then who scored all their points. Yes, Cooper won and I was very happy for them. But it was a very high scoring affair if I remember and that doesn't mean Cooper **** them down. They just couldn't stop Cooper either which means they had a great offense, but I'm not sure I would call them a great team. You have to play both side to be a great team.

All of the same arguments that you are making for this kid, could be the same for others. I don't see McCoy's family on here talking about him. I don't see Bir's family on here. I don't see Barker's family on here. I don't see Nussembaum's family on here. And many others.

Not fighting an uphill battle at all. I know a lot more than you think!

To answer your question about the other recievers. Franklin Co threw the ball ofver 40 times and completed 21 of those passes. Not one Receiver on Franklin Co.'s team had over 60 yards receiving which should tell you they were not very succesfull tthrowing down field. I hope that helps you out.

so how did they score all their points? something was working!

Offensive lineman typically produce the 40 times you are stating, however defensive lineman are a completely different story. Defensive ends are typically running in the 4.6 range and defensive tackles in the 4.8 range.

I can agree with that, but almost all of those DE and DT are not 300 pounds, many of those players were HS LB's who were covered to DL after going to college. Most of the 300 pound DL are the prototypical NT's that are run stoppers.

Not to argue, I just don't see 300 pound linemen running sub 4.8's in the NFL combine. And, if I don't see them there, I have to question that they exist. And, I definitely question that many of them exist.

just took a look at FC's schedule. Is that the team you are saying was so great? I think Beechwood's freshman team could have been competitive with that schedule. They would have the same margin of victory, but they would have been competive with most of the teams! Putting numbers up doesn't mean that you are a great team until you see who they were putting number up against.

just took a look at FC's schedule. Is that the team you are saying was so great? I think Beechwood's freshman team could have been competitive with that schedule. They would have the same margin of victory, but they would have been competive with most of the teams! Putting numbers up doesn't mean that you are a great team until you see who they were putting number up against.

Excuse me, but I thought we were talking about players in NKY being overlooked in this thread. With that said you pretty much proved our point that many are being overlooked if now your stance is Franklin Co. is overrated and pl;ayed no body yet they have sevral of their players signing D1 scholarships. so which is it RCC9? Are Timmons, their QB and other players overrated even though they signed D1 offers, or are players like Aaron Morgan who shut down the Mr Kentucky runner up down?

So which is it RCC9? As i said before, you can't have your cake and eat it too, must bbe the Ft Thomas way

I don't think it should be about the kid either. But it sure feels like the subject was tinted with these couple kids in mind.

Where's Mr Hammer? You threw out UK and UC. Answer my question. Does he hold full ride offers from either???

And if he was that good, has all those accomplishments and is a senior, why only two local schools. If he's that fast and good, they would be all over him. Something doesn't add up! Hands? Football IQ? Has straight speed but no quickness? Something has to be keeping him from being place in elite status if he's everything you say. I don't know, I never had a reason to go see him play.

59 against who?

Same could be said about HHS also. If Cov Cath was their "Big competition" a team that lost to Conner, then using your criteria i guess HHS isn't that good. Your claims and arguments are silly and very uneducated.

And you said you didn't say anything bad about the kid (Fogle) yet in the post I quoted from you you basically question his speed, hands, football IQ. Doesn't sound like your praising thie kid.

Excuse me, but I thought we were talking about players in NKY being overlooked in this thread. With that said you pretty much proved our point that many are being overlooked if now your stance is Franklin Co. is overrated and pl;ayed no body yet they have sevral of their players signing D1 scholarships. so which is it RCC9? Are Timmons, their QB and other players overrated even though they signed D1 offers, or are players like Aaron Morgan who shut down the Mr Kentucky runner up down?

So which is it RCC9? As i said before, you can't have your cake and eat it too, must bbe the Ft Thomas way

are we talking about players or teams being overrated. There are many average teams with great players. Them having two D1 athletes doesn't make them a great team!! I say their schedule was weak. Never said those two were bad. The only thing I asked if their QB was any good, because I didn't know. Once you reminded me, I do recall him being good. But I was questioning whether Timmons didn't have a good game and if that was several reason, not just because the of the QB. That was just one part of it. It's easy to take pieces out of a question and attack someone without taking the entire intent of the question.

I didn't say anyone was being overlooked. I said there are other good players in the area and none of them are complaining on a public forum about being overlooked. Maybe it's because they have a grasp on reality! Can you please keep up and just read the posts, not what you think i'm saying.