Why No Serious Recruitment NKY Football - is it just me?

Mr. Sixer

8 players total ran a 4.4 or better at last years NFL combine.

Okay, maybe I exaggerated! So then with the fact you post above, why aren't they drooling over him?? As others have said, its their job to sniff out talent! Nothing against the kid and I hate that we're singling him out and maybe that's my fault, but there are legitimate reasons the D1 scouts aren't showing up in NKY!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this one tops the previous one... Linemen running 4.9s? Maybe hybrid defensive end/outside backers are clocking 4.9. But thats about it.

Your idea of speed is greatly blurred. And to answer your question, yes I've seen football outside of NKY. I've been around the game a long time. I played at the college level. I know talent, I know speed.

Also I must doubt your comment that highlands has 2 or 3 players that are equal to the player that Fogle is. The kids numbers were tops in the state all year, he was on every single all star team known to man. Played in both the best of the bluegrass and the KY vs TN border bowl, Top 26 award winner... The list goes on and on.

Fogle has been doubted, and overlooked for as long as I can remember. There will always be those out there who really don't know what they are talking about. He will be playing on Saturdays next year, of this I have no doubt. He has two visits left to take before making his decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I agree with this 100%. Fogle is a player and WILL be playing on Saturdays.

Well I'll try to answer ur ?s since ur not familiar with Franklin Co. First the QB is extremely good and he is a D1 QB I believe going to MAC school (Toledo if I'm not mistaken. As far as competiton I think runner up to Quick in Mr. Football this year. The FC team avg 59pts/game if memory serves me correctly.

As for what Morgan did against him he had no help with the exception of the end of the game. Timmons was thrown to several times and he was covered extremely well by him including 2 ints and 3 pass deflections. If u want the stats Timmons had 120yds of total offense. 60 of it coming off of a running play for a Td and another 25 coming off a spectacular catch for a Td not on Morgan. Not sure where u call that not competition from a team that was ranked #2 behind the eventual State champ

As for Morgan the rest of the season he had 7ints for 240 return yes and gave 1 Td the entire season in the 5A State championship game.

sounds like a pretty good player! I'm not as with Franklin other than they had a good offense. Wasnt' John Hardin up there somewhere all year?

Okay, maybe I exaggerated! So then with the fact you post above, why aren't they drooling over him?? As others have said, its their job to sniff out talent! Nothing against the kid and I hate that we're singling him out and maybe that's my fault, but there are legitimate reasons the D1 scouts aren't showing up in NKY!

Are UK and UC division 1 schools?

Are UK and UC division 1 schools?

yes. Now answer the question. What is your reason the scouts aren't pulling off the highway right across the river from a football hotbed. If they fly in or make the long drive, don't you think they are doing their homework about the entire area? Don't you think they would want to save money and trips and make themselves familiar with all that was available? Some of us could walk to one the football's hottest recruiting areas. But they just draw the line at the river huh? Heck, many of them probably have to drive over here to catch a plane!

Again, you tell us your answer to the thread question. Forget about "the one".

1000s of kids that are true and verified 4.4 speed??? Who is naive? Your post above may be one of the most uneducated ramblings I've heard in a while...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner[/quote

There are 17,000 H.S. in USA.

I believe RCC9 knows a little more then you might want to believe...Just sayin

RCC isn't wrong on speeds by stud players.

Michigan has a 260 DT coming in that ran a 4.70 according to Scout.

A 303 pound DT ran a 4.9.

A 300 pound DL ran a 5.0.

A 285 pound Nebraska commit ran a 4.8 .

This is one reason injuries have increased. It's just physics.

This is one reason injuries have increased. It's just physics.

agree totally, but it's happening and you have to find ways to keep up or you get left behind. There is sacrifice in everything that has to do with success. Individuals have to weigh the benefit vs. the risk.

RCC isn't wrong on speeds by stud players.

Michigan has a 260 DT coming in that ran a 4.70 according to Scout.

A 303 pound DT ran a 4.9.

A 300 pound DL ran a 5.0.

A 285 pound Nebraska commit ran a 4.8 .

Here's my argument: Every year these 40 times are printed, but when I watch the NFL combines I never see linemen putting up these times. I have watched NFL draftees, in the linemen positions, post 5. 7's. I just can't believe 40 times much.

Here's my argument: Every year these 40 times are printed, but when I watch the NFL combines I never see linemen putting up these times. I have watched NFL draftees, in the linemen positions, post 5. 7's. I just can't believe 40 times much.

Offensive lineman typically produce the 40 times you are stating, however defensive lineman are a completely different story. Defensive ends are typically running in the 4.6 range and defensive tackles in the 4.8 range.

Here's an update on Cameron Fogle.

He is 6' and 197#. He has been clocked @ 4.4 at 3 different schools. Currently has multiple offers to play. Including preferred walk on to play for Kerry Combs in Columbus.

Being recruited to play both sides of the ball. Has two visits left in next 2 weeks.

Drew's not the only player these coaches are coming to see in Hebron.

I was looking at his profile on scout and rivals and I don't see any offers. And as far as running a legit 4.4... no chance that is true. Sure a coach with his watch can time him at a 4.4, but legit? No.

This is his highlight tape.

As far as the talent in NKY... There isn't much. Plain and simple.

There are 120 D-1 programs. On average a team signs 25 a year, that is 3000 athletes.

The population of the US is around 311,000,000. The population of Kentucky is about 4,300,000. The whole state of Kentucky is about 1.4% of the population of the US.

Combine that with not being a hotbed for talent and it sounds about right... to me at least.

Edited by thenamerobdigity

1000s of kids that are true and verified 4.4 speed??? Who is naive? Your post above may be one of the most uneducated ramblings I've heard in a while...

So my opinion was uneducated huh? Well it seems like the majority of the post on this thread (that aren't related to the guys we're talking about) tend to have a very similar opinion! Maybe it's your vision that is blurred because you're too close to the subject matter and think some are better than they really are. Sorry the truth hurts and I don't sugar coat it.