Why No Serious Recruitment NKY Football - is it just me?

Mr. Sixer

Here's an update on Cameron Fogle.

He is 6' and 197#. He has been clocked @ 4.4 at 3 different schools. Currently has multiple offers to play. Including preferred walk on to play for Kerry Combs in Columbus.

Being recruited to play both sides of the ball. Has two visits left in next 2 weeks.

Drew's not the only player these coaches are coming to see in Hebron.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really funny how naive some people are in NKY. Yes, these are all good players, but D1? C,mon! We are closer to downtown Cincy than several of the Cincy teams! We are just not at the caliber of the other players. Period. We think we're good because we look good and rack up decent numbers against very average competition. Teams around here refuse to step up and play competition and this is the result. No one wants to take a chance of losing, but then you get no credit, respect or exposure. It's our own fault. Quit coddling these kids and go play better competition and maybe they will get discovered. Recruiters at the D1 level get paid a lot of money to find the talent. They don't "overlook" NKY. They know what's here and they aren't impressed enough to pull off the highway on the way to Louisville. That's the reality! I'm sorry some don't want to admit it, but that's it.

I know the fogle kid is big, good and fast. And I wish him the best. HHS has 2-3 kids that are probably close if not faster, but you don't hear them saying D1 for those kids. If he were D1 potential, he should have put up "Quick Like" numbers over the years against the average competition they were playing. Quick did it against the best. Conner did it against very average NKY teams. I'm sorry that truth may hurt, but do you know how many skill players there are out there that are his size, run just as fast and maybe does something better than him? 1000's! It's really kinda disturbing that people in NKY don't really get what's really out there.

It's really funny how naive some people are in NKY. Yes, these are all good players, but D1? C,mon! We are closer to downtown Cincy than several of the Cincy teams! We are just not at the caliber of the other players. Period. We thinks we're good because we look good and rack up decent numbers against very average competition. Teams around here refuse to step up and play competition and this is the result. No one wants to take a chance of losing, but then you get no credit, respect or exposure. It's our own fault. Quit coddling these kids and go play better competition and maybe they will get discovered. Recruiters at the D1 level get paid a lot of money to find the talent. They don't "overlook" NKY. They know what's here and they aren't impressed enough to pull off the highway on the way to Louisville. That's the reality! I'm sorry some don't want to admit it, but that's it.

I know the fogle kid is big, good and fast. And I wish him the best. HHS has 2-3 kids that are probably close if not faster, but you don't hear them saying D1 for those kids. If he were D1 potential, he should have put up "Quick Like" numbers over the years against the average competition they were playing. Quick did it against the best. Conner did it against very average NKY teams. I'm sorry that truth may hurt, but do you know how many skill players there are out there that are his size, run just as fast and maybe does something better than him? 1000's! It's really kinda disturbing that people in NKY don't really get what's really out there.

1000s of kids that are true and verified 4.4 speed??? Who is naive? Your post above may be one of the most uneducated ramblings I've heard in a while...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1000s of kids that are true and verified 4.4 speed??? Who is naive? Your post above may be one of the most uneducated ramblings I've heard in a while...

That's your opinion and I have mine. Yes, across the usa, yes. Even is if it's not, then multiple hundreds! Heck, there are probably 300 kids in florida and texas alone! Have you ever seen football outside of NKY? The college DB's and running backs and wide receivers all run that or very close. Heck lineman are running 4.9's these days. where are all these fast kids coming from that are filling up all these skill positions in college?

Tell me what any of these kids did against very good competition. Heck, provide the numbers for what they did against very average competition and I bet we could come up with 1000's that are just as good or better...and against better competition.

I don't thik that's the case at all. I think more of the problem is no big city. Major cities will always get more attention based on competition alone.

There is a reason Cincinnati, Louisville etc. get a lot of attention and I would be willing to bet it's the same across the country. Go to Texas, California etc. just about any state and I would bet you the majority of kids in or around major cities will always get the most looks due to several things such as media attention etc.

I'm not saying this area is limited in great players, but having watched a lot of players across the state this year you will never convince me that someone like Ryan Timmons who is getting a D1 scholarship is any better than Cameron Fogle. Sorry, but I think this area has several very good players that just haven't been looked at as much as some of the other areas.

Aperfect example of this is the rumor that Trinity's backup QB is getting D1 offers, wether this is true or nnot I don't know, but the rumor is out there and youu can't tell me someone like Blake Bir hasn't warranted an offer like that. The big difference betweeen the two? Blake has proven himself, but hee plays in NKY area that is largely ignored compared to a Louisville area.

Just my opinion but I think it does play into it.

Finally someone who understands what I'm talking about. Timmons was locked down against vs Coopers Aaron Morgan so if someone is talking about competition level here's a counter to that argument. Again I am not referring to only D1 offers from top 25 schools. Lower D1 or FCS and D2 schools could take a look at this area.

I'm from a Big Football State so I understand talent level. My point is that there are some kids that can play in this area and some schools might want to take a look.

Finally someone who understands what I'm talking about. Timmons was locked down against vs Coopers Aaron Morgan so if someone is talking about competition level here's a counter to that argument. Again I am not referring to only D1 offers from top 25 schools. Lower D1 or FCS and D2 schools could take a look at this area.

I'm from a Big Football State so I understand talent level. My point is that there are some kids that can play in this area and some schools might want to take a look.

I agree. I do think D1 is a stretch for most of them, but someone could take a chance on them. As far as the Timmons example, they might have shut him down, but I wouldn't call that competition. Was the qb good enough to overcome the closer coverage? Were they bringing a saftey over behind the guy in a sense to have a security blanket is he did get loose. Maybe the QB didn't throw his way thinking they would use him as a decoy. How did the other receivers do against them? What were their numbers. I have no idea, but that is the questions I would ask if they shut him down.

That's your opinion and I have mine. Yes, across the usa, yes. Even is if it's not, then multiple hundreds! Heck, there are probably 300 kids in florida and texas alone! Have you ever seen football outside of NKY? The college DB's and running backs and wide receivers all run that or very close. Heck lineman are running 4.9's these days. where are all these fast kids coming from that are filling up all these skill positions in college?

And this one tops the previous one... Linemen running 4.9s? Maybe hybrid defensive end/outside backers are clocking 4.9. But thats about it.

Your idea of speed is greatly blurred. And to answer your question, yes I've seen football outside of NKY. I've been around the game a long time. I played at the college level. I know talent, I know speed.

Also I must doubt your comment that highlands has 2 or 3 players that are equal to the player that Fogle is. The kids numbers were tops in the state all year, he was on every single all star team known to man. Played in both the best of the bluegrass and the KY vs TN border bowl, Top 26 award winner... The list goes on and on.

Fogle has been doubted, and overlooked for as long as I can remember. There will always be those out there who really don't know what they are talking about. He will be playing on Saturdays next year, of this I have no doubt. He has two visits left to take before making his decision.

I agree. I do think D1 is a stretch for most of them, but someone could take a chance on them. As far as the Timmons example, they might have shut him down, but I wouldn't call that competition. Was the qb good enough to overcome the closer coverage? Were they bringing a saftey over behind the guy in a sense to have a security blanket is he did get loose. Maybe the QB didn't throw his way thinking they would use him as a decoy. How did the other receivers do against them? What were their numbers. I have no idea, but that is the questions I would ask if they shut him down.

Yes the Franklin Co QB was good enough. He's graduated early and has already enrolled in college. At a D1 school.

Yes the Franklin Co QB was good enough. He's graduated early and has already enrolled in college. At a D1 school.

So what did the other recievers do against them? If you spend time shutting down one, then it sometimes backfires on you.

It's great that you did all that, but I'm not blurred. Depends on where you played and if you were exposed to the kind of talent we are really talking about. So I really am not just going to "take your word for it".

I'm not saying every lineman runs a 4.9. But I just saw one of them in one of the recent games I was watching. They specifically talked about his size and agility and that he was clocked at 4.9. I guess they could have been lieing.

If he makes a division 1 roster, I will be elated for him! But he will be the only one and the forum is "why no serious recruitment in NKY". I told you why. Not necessarily talking about just that kid. If he makes it, there still is no serious recruiting in NKY going on! You tell me why? Are you one of the "poor little NKY" guys that wants kids to get recruited but won't step up and play top teams? Play top teams and you will get better and more exposure. No one cares that you ran or passed all over just about any team in NKY.

Post his numbers against average competition and let's see.

Go to a D1 practice. Walk on the field and stand next to the players while they do drills and practice. Then you will understand. Great football, great coaches, and great football players in NKY. D1 talent? not much.

Well I'll try to answer ur ?s since ur not familiar with Franklin Co. First the QB is extremely good and he is a D1 QB I believe going to MAC school (Toledo if I'm not mistaken. As far as competiton I think runner up to Quick in Mr. Football this year. The FC team avg 59pts/game if memory serves me correctly.

As for what Morgan did against him he had no help with the exception of the end of the game. Timmons was thrown to several times and he was covered extremely well by him including 2 ints and 3 pass deflections. If u want the stats Timmons had 120yds of total offense. 60 of it coming off of a running play for a Td and another 25 coming off a spectacular catch for a Td not on Morgan. Not sure where u call that not competition from a team that was ranked #2 behind the eventual State champ

As for Morgan the rest of the season he had 7ints for 240 return yes and gave 1 Td the entire season in the 5A State championship game.