Why No Serious Recruitment NKY Football - is it just me?

Mr. Sixer

You tell me?

- Jeff Kremer

- Marty Moore

- John Schlarman

- Dave Berringer

- Derek Smith

- Jared Lorenzen

- Pat Towles

I think Highlands has been pretty good to UK.

with his "burnt" statement, I think he is being funny and referring to one of them in particular.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And my point is they aren't long shots, that they are good enough to play D1 but are being overlooked because recruiters don't know about them, just like many other players across the country that are in areas that don't get a lot of recruiters looking in those areas and players.

You act as if all the recruiters know all the players and I'm stating the fact is they don't know all the players. Just because a recruieter doesn't know about a player doesn't mean that player isn't good enough to play D1. You seem to be quick in your assumption that all recruiters know all the players. You couldn't be more wrong.

It happens all the time that players don't play D1 but are good enough to. Some of the greatest NFL players of alltime played at lower division schools in college, does that mean they weren't good enough to play D1?

And I and many others think they are a long shot, including one of my own, McCoy. I would want nothing better, but still doesn't mean it's not a long shot for D1.

As for not getting discovered, I think most on here are insinuating he has and is going to camps, right? It's not like they are looking in the back hills of KY. He is a part of a huge tri-state area and they are attending camps, from what I can get out of the posts. So you tell me how he is being overlooked? I'm just saying that he's not being overlooked. He's been to camps, been invited to all the all-star camps and games, been awarded some other things and has the size and speed. Sounds like he's doing the right things and getting a lot of exposure for himself. So again, is he (or any of the other ones) overlooked or not not being chosen right now for whatever reasons the scouts are staying away from him. I would like to know for myself, assuming everything that I'm hearing on here is true.

You are asking him to violate BGP rules.

And if you read...one already admitted being very close to him. It's not hard to figure out. Remember, 90% of the posters know who I am. Notes aren't just past out in the open. IM. As I'm sure you and your buddies are doing behind the scenes too!

I know that reality sucks sometimes, but it is what it is. Not just talking about this poor kid that has been run through the ringer today. All of them. It's hard to put that much time and effort and passion into something and it be about to happen right in front of you in a very short time. It will come down to the next couple days, weeks and months for anyone that isn't already committed somewhere.

Again, I hope all of them have success. I'd love to see it for the area! I can't say that enough, but you act like I want to attack the kid. It's the naive "fans", parents/brothers that i'm talking to. It's not easy to play D1 and it's okay if your kid doesn't play D1. If you're borderline D1, he may be happier playing at a smaller school anyway! Ask someone on here that says he's close to him. He knows.

And I and many others think they are a long shot, including one of my own, McCoy. I would want nothing better, but still doesn't mean it's not a long shot for D1.

As for not getting discovered, I think most on here are insinuating he has and is going to camps, right? It's not like they are looking in the back hills of KY. He is a part of a huge tri-state area and they are attending camps, from what I can get out of the posts. So you tell me how he is being overlooked? I'm just saying that he's not being overlooked. He's been to camps, been invited to all the all-star camps and games, been awarded some other things and has the size and speed. Sounds like he's doing the right things and getting a lot of exposure for himself. So again, is he (or any of the other ones) overlooked or not not being chosen right now for whatever reasons the scouts are staying away from him. I would like to know for myself, assuming everything that I'm hearing on here is true.

I said some players in this area just like areas all across the country are being overlooked. I also didn't say he wasn't good enough, you said that and we are suppoosed to take your word for it, a guy who admitted he never once watched him play. Sorry, I will go on my own opinion of him rather than yours.

Again you are focusing on 1 player when this thread clearly isn't talking about 1 playeer yet the entire area. The funny thing is, the player you keep harping on apparrently has been approached by D1 schools so I still don't understand your stancce saying he isn't good enough to play at D1.

You say scouts are staying away from Fogle, I'd like to know where you get that from?

You seem to still be under the illusion that all college recruiters know every player. Iff you stick with that assumption there really isn't any reason to continue this debate. It's clear you are stuck in the HHS bubble and don't get out to see other teams play so your knowledge of local athletes is quite narrow.

Well i will tell you I am not Fogle's dad or Blake Bir's or Aaron Morgan's and those 3 i have talked about. he was saying that it's the relatives talking about these players and I am not.

Not talking about you. I and you know which ones.

Not talking about you. I and you know which ones.

I actually don't know who is related to Fogle, but I'll take your word for it.

Anyway, on this subject i already stated my opinion why this area isn't recruited a lot by major D1 schools and it has nothing to do with lack of talent. I'll just keep it at that.

I said some players in this area just like areas all across the country are being overlooked. I also didn't say he wasn't good enough, you said that and we are suppoosed to take your word for it, a guy who admitted he never once watched him play. Sorry, I will go on my own opinion of him rather than yours.

Again you are focusing on 1 player when this thread clearly isn't talking about 1 playeer yet the entire area. The funny thing is, the player you keep harping on apparrently has been approached by D1 schools so I still don't understand your stancce saying he isn't good enough to play at D1.

You say scouts are staying away from Fogle, I'd like to know where you get that from?

You seem to still be under the illusion that all college recruiters know every player. Iff you stick with that assumption there really isn't any reason to continue this debate. It's clear you are stuck in the HHS bubble and don't get out to see other teams play so your knowledge of local athletes is quite narrow.

You are crazy. Again, please show me where I said HE wasn't good enough. Quit making things up! It's real easy. Find the post where I said it. bold the area where I said it and reply with quote. It's that easy.

If you read, you would see that i'm trying not to focus on him alone. In fact, i'm the one bringing up others!!! I'm trying to stay as generic as possible and you and others keep bringing up him! and that I'm attacking him. I'm just defending my statements, but you guys keep saying it's about him. I don't care if we ever talk about him again. You can insert any name in NKY for this year and I'd have the same perspective. We have very good football players, but a stretch for D1. I'm sorry you don't agree, but many others that have posted tend to agree. Period.

I don't think it should be about the kid either. But it sure feels like the subject was tinted with these couple kids in mind.

Where's Mr Hammer? You threw out UK and UC. Answer my question. Does he hold full ride offers from either???

And if he was that good, has all those accomplishments and is a senior, why only two local schools. If he's that fast and good, they would be all over him. Something doesn't add up! Hands? Football IQ? Has straight speed but no quickness? Something has to be keeping him from being place in elite status if he's everything you say. I don't know, I never had a reason to go see him play.

You are crazy. Again, please show me where I said HE wasn't good enough. Quit making things up! It's real easy. Find the post where I said it. bold the area where I said it and reply with quote. It's that easy.

I already quoted this post once, but since you asked again here you go. Sure sounds like you are saying he isn't good enough or he'd have a lot more offers etc.

I already quoted this post once, but since you asked again here you go. Sure sounds like you are saying he isn't good enough or he'd have a lot more offers etc.

The ? marks make it seem like he is asking a question. Am I missing something?

I asked you why aren't they all over him? Again a question that I don't have an answer to. Just because D1 folks may have contacted him, doesn't mean they will make an official offer for a full ride. Maybe a preferred walk-on, perhaps? which would still be great! Most that have serious D1 attention have concrete offers out there already. Maybe he does and maybe he doesn't. But I wouldn't think his name would have come up here (not by me) when discussing this if he had concrete offers. If he has offers and if we all agreed he was D1, why have they not jumped on it. A full ride to UC and UK is sweet, if they were full ride offers. We hear about most of the other offers.

There's a huge difference in what you think i'm saying vs. what i'm actually saying. Also, read the entire paragraph. Not just what you want to pull out. And man, I see a lot of question marks at the end of my sentances. Where I went to school, that means I'm asking a question. I said it doesn't add up for him if he has all that going for him. There has to be a reason that they are not falling all over him. Again, I'll ask why??? That's all I'm questioning about him as an idividual. Period. Not saying he's a bad, dumb, non-athletic kid. I'm asking why aren't they interested. That's it. I don't have any reason why and quit making assumptions that I'm attacking the kid. Not true at all. In fact, I'm not going to talk about him at all anymore. If you want to debate why there are no obvious D1 prospects, i'm all in. But I don't think I could say any more than I've already said.