Why No Serious Recruitment NKY Football - is it just me?

Mr. Sixer

I don't think it should be about the kid either. But it sure feels like the subject was tinted with these couple kids in mind.

Where's Mr Hammer? You threw out UK and UC. Answer my question. Does he hold full ride offers from either???

And if he was that good, has all those accomplishments and is a senior, why only two local schools. If he's that fast and good, they would be all over him. Something doesn't add up! Hands? Football IQ? Has straight speed but no quickness? Something has to be keeping him from being place in elite status if he's everything you say. I don't know, I never had a reason to go see him play.

are we talking about players or teams being overrated. There are many average teams with great players. Them having two D1 athletes doesn't make them a great team!! I say their schedule was weak. Never said those two were bad. The only thing I asked if their QB was any good, because I didn't know. Once you reminded me, I do recall him being good. But I was questioning whether Timmons didn't have a good game and if that was several reason, not just because the of the QB. That was just one part of it. It's easy to take pieces out of a question and attack someone without taking the entire intent of the question.

I didn't say anyone was being overlooked. I said there are other good players in the area and none of them are complaining on a public forum about being overlooked. Maybe it's because they have a grasp on reality! Can you please keep up and just read the posts, not what you think i'm saying.

I know exactely what you are posting, not reading into anything.

1. you claimed Fogle wasn't good enough for D1

2. You claimed Cooper double teamed Timmons with a safety when you were shown how a Cooper player shut him down

3. You claimed the other receivers for Franklin co. must have then had huge day against Cooper

4. You then went from individual players (we were talking about) to claim the team themselves are overrated which wasn't even what we were talking about in the first place and then turn it to make it sound as if we were the ones who talked about teams instead of individuals

So i'm not really sure where your backpedaling is leading to. This thread was asking the question why NKY area seems to be ignored by D1 schools and when you said the talent just isn't here several people brought up players that are as good as others in the state being recruited by D1 schools and that is when you came in claiming the players aren't as good etc.

Those my friends are the facts. No ones said players in the area are complaining, yopu brought that up yourself. The thread topic asked a question and people put in their opinions and it was only you claiming players who were mentioned in here weren't good enough and or smart enough.

So it seems you my friend are the only one making blanket statements about certain players who you even admit to never seeing play before, yet you are the so called expert on how good or bad these players are? That is what got some up in arms, someone like you who admitted to never seeing these players play before yet you are the one who knows for a fact they aren't good enough.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same could be said about HHS also. If Cov Cath was their "Big competition" a team that lost to Conner, then using your criteria i guess HHS isn't that good. Your claims and arguments are silly and very uneducated.

And you said you didn't say anything bad about the kid (Fogle) yet in the post I quoted from you you basically question his speed, hands, football IQ. Doesn't sound like your praising thie kid.

man you are hard to have a discussion with. where did I say HHS was good or played a competitive schedule. In fact, in one of my posts I even said the HHS is just above average as it relates to the rest of the US. Any you're again singling out 1 opponent. That's not a season.

And when I asked what you quoted me above, again, it was a question. I don't know the kid. Trying to figure out why he wouldn't be recruited heavily if all the things you're saying are true. If he's that fast, that size, then something is holding them back. I didn't attack him and say he has bad hands, is only a straight runner or his Football IQ is lacking...I asked a question. It makes no sense to anyone that knows anything about football why a kid (if what you are saying is true) of that speed, size and ability isn't getting more heavily recruited. Something doesn't add up and I'm saying there has to be a reason that we're not hearing about or that people close to him overlook because the guys doing the recruiting are professionals, get paid for doing this and know what they are looking for.

Again, I truly hope the kid gets to live his dreams. The post and my original post was pointing out how people have over expectations for their kids and sometimes have difficulty understanding why others (recruiters) don't think their kid is as good as they do.

I have a freshman daughter that plays PG for HHS, one of the better teams in the region this year. She also started at shortstop for HHS as an 8th grader. I haven't stopped saving for college because she is able to play at a high level of competition. I know how hard it is to be priveledged enough to play at the next level. She would love to and I will do everything to support her dream. I would love to see it happen. If she makes it great, but if she doesn't then we'll deal with it. I'm planning our life around the fact that she won't make it and we will be prepared. If she makes it, then it's a bonus. I can promise you I won't be on here asking why she's not being recruited though. We'll work hard and let the cards fall.

man you are hard to have a discussion with. where did I say HHS was good or played a competitive schedule. In fact, in one of my posts I even said the HHS is just above average as it relates to the rest of the US. Any you're again singling out 1 opponent. That's not a season.

And when I asked what you quoted me above, again, it was a question. I don't know the kid. Trying to figure out why he wouldn't be recruited heavily if all the things you're saying are true. If he's that fast, that size, then something is holding them back. I didn't attack him and say he has bad hands, is only a straight runner or his Football IQ is lacking...I asked a question. It makes no sense to anyone that knows anything about football why a kid (if what you are saying is true) of that speed, size and ability isn't getting more heavily recruited. Something doesn't add up and I'm saying there has to be a reason that we're not hearing about or that people close to him overlook because the guys doing the recruiting are professionals, get paid for doing this and know what they are looking for.

Again, I truly hope the kid gets to live his dreams. The post and my original post was pointing out how people have over expectations for their kids and sometimes have difficulty understanding why others (recruiters) don't think their kid is as good as they do.

I have a freshman daughter that plays PG for HHS, one of the better teams in the region this year. She also started at shortstop for HHS as an 8th grader. I haven't stopped saving for college because she is able to play at a high level of competition. I know how hard it is to be priveledged enough to play at the next level. She would love to and I will do everything to support her dream. I would love to see it happen. If she makes it great, but if she doesn't then we'll deal with it. I'm planning our life around the fact that she won't make it and we will be prepared. If she makes it, then it's a bonus. I can promise you I won't be on here asking why she's not being recruited though. We'll work hard and let the cards fall.

Try reading what I just said in my last post. You basically just answered the thread titles question and you have just agreed with what we are saying. That is that NKY is being overlooked when it comes to recruiting. You questioned Fogle and his abilities and when we answered that those things you questioned him about were not true then you admit that he is being overlooked just like others in this area.......that is what we've been saying all along.

You keep bringing up that people have overexpectations for their kids, the last I checked (I may be wrong) but I don't know of anyone in this thread talking about their own kids. They are talking about local area players, no relation to the kid themsevles. Fogle doesn't play for my team, nor does Blake Bir etc. and I haven't mentioned my own kid at all in this conversation and don't know of any other parent that has talked about their own kid. I may be wrong, but i don't know if Fogle's father is on here posting or not. I know him personally but don't know if he has an account on here.

As I said before, you basically admitted to what we've been saying all along, that players who are worthy of D1 recruiting in this area are being overlooked. We agree on that it sounds like.

Now about your statement talking about the recruitess are professionals and know what they are doing etc. I will ad that they don't know all the players. There are a ton of kids playing football accross the country and there is no way the recruiterss know about them all which is why I've always said that camps and combines are the best waay to get noticed, yet many kids can't attend these combines and camps etc. which means they aren't known to the recruiters. Recruiters just don't sshow up at games out of the blue, they show up because they have heard about a kid from a combinee or camp etc. most of the time and did their research on him. That doesn't mean their are oother players in the area not as good or better but didn't have the same opportunities as the one being looked at.

So to think because a kid isn't getting serious D1 offers means he isn't good enough is being pretty naive. There are players in this area that are good enough yet just don't have their name on the recruiters radar.

I will repeat a story I told several months ago about a great kid in the area who is getting a lot of looks from several D1 schools and that started last year his sophomore year. He was being looked at and inviited to schools long before he even started for his HS team. It was because he attended a ton of camps and combines, not because recruiters came ouut and watched him play because if they did come out last year they wouldn't of seen him play at all until the end of the season. That is my point. Players are being overlooked in the area simply because they have not done the combine tour etc.

so to think players aren't getting recruited simply because they aren't good enough is wrong. They aren't getting recruited because the recruiters simply don't know about them. That doesn't mean they aren't good enough to play at the D1 level.

Edited by Hellbird

I know exactely what you are posting, not reading into anything.

1. you claimed Fogle wasn't good enough for D1

2. You claimed Cooper double teamed Timmons with a safety when you were shown how a Cooper player shut him down

3. You claimed the other receivers for Franklin co. must have then had huge day against Cooper

4. You then went from individual players (we were talking about) to claim the team themselves are overrated which wasn't even what we were talking about in the first place and then turn it to make it sound as if we were the ones who talked about teams instead of individuals

So i'm not really sure where your backpedaling is leading to. This thread was asking the question why NKY area seems to be ignored by D1 schools and when you said the talent just isn't here several people brought up players that are as good as others in the state being recruited by D1 schools and that is when you came in claiming the players aren't as good etc.

Those my friends are the facts. No ones said players in the area are complaining, yopu brought that up yourself. The thread topic asked a question and people put in their opinions and it was only you claiming players who were mentioned in here weren't good enough and or smart enough.

So it seems you my friend are the only one making blanket statements about certain players who you even admit to never seeing play before, yet you are the so called expert on how good or bad these players are? That is what got some up in arms, someone like you who admitted to never seeing these players play before yet you are the one who knows for a fact they aren't good enough.

show me where I did all this! you are crazy! Highight where I specifically said he wasn't good enough for D1. I have no idea. Never met the kid or have I seen him play. I ask questions and you insinuate that I saying he can't.

I asked if there were other reasons why Timmons wasn't successful, one of which asking if they double teamed him or brought a safety over the top for help. I wasn't at the game. If someone says they shut him down because of one player and I wasn't at the game, I think those are logical questions. Not everyone is knowledgeable about the game of football and sometimes (maybe not in this case), it's little Johnny's dad knowing that johnny was guarding the other team's allstar and all they know is the allstart didn't have a great game. They don't always understand the entire strategy that could have been put in to shutdown one players. Again, may not be the case in this situation, but my experience tells me that parents tend to focus on their player and don't always see things the same as others. So tell me why those aren't fair questions to ask. I didn't attack the kid. I asked legitimate questions that help frame the event. In fact, after the questions were answered, I think i stated that it sounds like the kid is pretty good! Again, pick and chose what you want to hear.

I didn't claim the other receivers must have had a great game. I asked. Do you know the difference??? I WASN'T AT THE GAME! I know they scored 27 and had to have some success somewhere. The point was again to see if the stragegy to confine Mr. Timmons, showed itself in other areas. There are a ton of other questons i could ask, not accusations.

I went to questioning one team's competitiveness because that team was brought up as an argument to a non-competitive schedule and that relates to individual's numbers. Can you please keep up. When someone says FC was great competition, I will see if they actually were and ask who else was on the schedule that is a competitive team. Even is we all would agree FC was a great test or competitive team, that doesn't make it a competitive schedule. And the only thing that would make FC a competitive team would be there offense, not their defense! So even offensive numbers against their defense could be questioned by some. Again, it's to understand if the "individual" has great numbers, what kind of competitioin was it against. AGAIN, to frame a picture of a kid I know nothing about!

Again, please SHOW me exactly where I said individuals werent' good enough or smart enough? Seriously, work a little harder and show me exactly what I said. Not what others said. You are starting to confuse all the posts "my friend".

Try reading what I just said in my last post. You basically just answered the thread titles question and you have just agreed with what we are saying. That is that NKY is being overlooked when it comes to recruiting. You questioned Fogle and his abilities and when we answered that those things you questioned him about were not true then you admit that he is being overlooked just like others in this area.......that is what we've been saying all along.

You keep bringing up that people have overexpectations for their kids, the last I checked (I may be wrong) but I don't know of anyone in this thread talking about their own kids. They are talking about local area players, no relation to the kid themsevles. Fogle doesn't play for my team, nor does Blake Bir etc. and I haven't mentioned my own kid at all in this conversation and don't know of any other parent that has talked about their own kid. I may be wrong, but i don't know if Fogle's father is on here posting or not. I know him personally but don't know if he has an account on here.

As I said before, you basically admitted to what we've been saying all along, that players who are worthy of D1 recruiting in this area are being overlooked. We agree on that it sounds like.

I have not one time said anyone is being overlooked. All my posts have been exactly the opposite. they are not being overlooked. Recruiters know what they are doing. Period. thats the story and that's what everyone of my posts are saying. If you want to twist it into something else, have at it.

again, I wish all the kids wells and hope they live their dreams and I'll be rooting for them! Just not the naive parents.

you are wrong. Several of them defending are relatives. Don't play dumb!

Now about your statement talking about the recruitess are professionals and know what they are doing etc. I will ad that they don't know all the players. There are a ton of kids playing football accross the country and there is no way the recruiterss know about them all which is why I've always said that camps and combines are the best waay to get noticed, yet many kids can't attend these combines and camps etc. which means they aren't known to the recruiters. Recruiters just don't sshow up at games out of the blue, they show up because they have heard about a kid from a combinee or camp etc. most of the time and did their research on him. That doesn't mean their are oother players in the area not as good or better but didn't have the same opportunities as the one being looked at.

So to think because a kid isn't getting serious D1 offers means he isn't good enough is being pretty naive. There are players in this area that are good enough yet just don't have their name on the recruiters radar.

I will repeat a story I told several months ago about a great kid in the area who is getting a lot of looks from several D1 schools and that started last year his sophomore year. He was being looked at and inviited to schools long before he even started for his HS team. It was because he attended a ton of camps and combines, not because recruiters came ouut and watched him play because if they did come out last year they wouldn't of seen him play at all until the end of the season. That is my point. Players are being overlooked in the area simply because they have not done the combine tour etc.

so to think players aren't getting recruited simply because they aren't good enough is wrong. They aren't getting recruited because the recruiters simply don't know about them. That doesn't mean they aren't good enough to play at the D1 level.

my point is that all the players we are talking about are a long shot for D1. I'm not saying that anyone is getting overlooked. I'm saying that many would agre that they are great NKY players, but probably a stretch to play D1. If you think that all those kids should be a lock to play D1, that's where the naive and over expectations come in. That's my point. I don't think any of them except maybe the Conner kid will be playing D1 on a full ride. I'm not sure about him because I've never seen him play either. But I do hear a lot of things about him.

If they get a full ride to play D1, I will be the first on here to congratulate them. And guess what, even if D1 doesn't work out and they go somewhere else, I'll still congratulate them on a wonderful accomplishment!

If college recruiters are overlooking Fogle and other guys because of where the went to HS, I would suggest going to a higher profile school where the exposure is higher and college coaches routinely stop by to check who is coming through pipeline. :D

my point is that all the players we are talking about are a long shot for D1. I'm not saying that anyone is getting overlooked. I'm saying that many would agre that they are great NKY players, but probably a stretch to play D1. If you think that all those kids should be a lock to play D1, that's where the naive and over expectations come in. That's my point. I don't think any of them except maybe the Conner kid will be playing D1 on a full ride. I'm not sure about him because I've never seen him play either. But I do hear a lot of things about him.

If they get a full ride to play D1, I will be the first on here to congratulate them. And guess what, even if D1 doesn't work out and they go somewhere else, I'll still congratulate them on a wonderful accomplishment!

And my point is they aren't long shots, that they are good enough to play D1 but are being overlooked because recruiters don't know about them, just like many other players across the country that are in areas that don't get a lot of recruiters looking in those areas and players.

You act as if all the recruiters know all the players and I'm stating the fact is they don't know all the players. Just because a recruieter doesn't know about a player doesn't mean that player isn't good enough to play D1. You seem to be quick in your assumption that all recruiters know all the players. You couldn't be more wrong.

It happens all the time that players don't play D1 but are good enough to. Some of the greatest NFL players of alltime played at lower division schools in college, does that mean they weren't good enough to play D1?

If college recruiters are overlooking Fogle and other guys because of where the went to HS, I would suggest going to a higher profile school where the exposure is higher and college coaches routinely stop by to check who is coming through pipeline. :D

You can't live in Ky and play in Ohio............:D

That is funny, and too easy coming from a HHS fan. I'll just say maybe some prefer to have their kids go to the school in their actual district. :D

Edited by Hellbird