Coach Cal and Cousins

jbwill2

I am a huge UK fan and I never liked Cousins' attitude or on-court demeanor. Mentioned Once to a couple of UK fans that I hoped he only stayed 1 yr b/c I thought he was a thug and a terrible representative for the school. These guys said I was crazy and were mad I felt that way...Wonder what those guys think now?

I am a huge UK fan and I never liked Cousins' attitude or on-court demeanor. Mentioned Once to a couple of UK fans that I hoped he only stayed 1 yr b/c I thought he was a thug and a terrible representative for the school. These guys said I was crazy and were mad I felt that way...Wonder what those guys think now?

Disagree. He is not a thug. Does he need to mature, yes. I will leave it at that.

DeMarcus Cousins is not a thug. He is one of the nicer guys I've ever talked to.

That is good to hear & I will take your word for it since I have never met him, but video tells a different story.

On the floor, I believe he's very much a thug. Off the floor, the guy couldn't be nicer. Our family met him at The Fieldhouse in Mason County a few years back. He was with Darius watching Mason/GRC. My daughter, age 4 at the time, loved "Big Cuz" (as she called him). I took her to near where he was sitting & was pointing him out to her. He caught me pointing & I felt bad, but then she waved at him. He waved back & blew her a kiss. He also allowed us to take a pic of the two of them together.

As I said, I love Boogie & always will. But his on-the-court demeanor absolutely has to change.

Until he robs' date=' beats up somebody, pistol whips somebody, carjacks somebody, shoots somebody, stabs somebody, etc, etc then I can't see how anyone would call him a thug. Like Goldie said, he's immature but he's not a thug.[/quote']

That won't happen until the paychecks stop.

You have to consider the circumstances at UK. Cousins came it as a top 2-3 recruit, the team was loaded, and they lost 3 games all season. Not a lot of room for things to go wrong. NBA, not so much. Through the season Cal was on pins and needles from my vantage point that Cousins would erupt at any moment. But things went well enough and Cal has a PHD in Mind Ninja Therapy which can tame a guy like Cousins for as long as he did. I am willing to bet Cal was relived Cousins opted for the NBA draft because if there is one thing he knows, it is people, and he knew how long he had with him.

I will never forget one game when Cousins came out of the locker room at halftime straight up crying like a baby. The man is seriously sick and troubled beyond anything I can relate to.