December 24, 201213 yr With all the problems Demarcus Cousins has had in the NBA, culminating in his indefinite suspension from the team, should Coach Calipari have encouraged Cousins to stay at UK for more than one season, in order to mature before becoming a professional? Clearly, Cousins was "NBA ready" from an athletic standpoint, but I think it is obvious he was not ready for professional basketball from a maturity standpoint. I think it is a fair statement to say that it was foreseeable (and maybe even likely) that Cousins was going to have these kinds of issues in the NBA. What responsibility (if any) does Calipari have in this, in terms of encouraging Cousins to go pro vs. encouraging him to stay for further development?
December 24, 201213 yr If he had encouraged him to stay would Coach Cal have been called selfish? A hypocrite? Even though Boogie emotionally probably should have stayed he was physically ready to go and had a chance to change is family forever. Wondering if Boogie isn't in a bad situation for himself with the Kings, new coach and having to be the face on and off of the court for the franchise. Maybe a change of scenery would help out, many have said San Antonio would be perfect fit with Pop and Duncan.
December 24, 201213 yr I think if Boogie would have stayed he would have eventually become a problem for Cal. He needs professional help from someone with a couch and a doctorate and a confidentiality agreement.
December 24, 201213 yr I think if Boogie would have stayed he would have eventually become a problem for Cal. He needs professional help from someone with a couch and a doctorate and a confidentiality agreement. Exactly.
December 24, 201213 yr I think if Boogie would have stayed he would have eventually become a problem for Cal. He needs professional help from someone with a couch and a doctorate and a confidentiality agreement. I agree 100%.
December 24, 201213 yr I think if Boogie would have stayed he would have eventually become a problem for Cal. He needs professional help from someone with a couch and a doctorate and a confidentiality agreement. This. Cal is a coach, not a therapist. The Kings coaching staff are coaches, not therapists. Cousins needs a therapist, not a coach...
December 24, 201213 yr With all the problems Demarcus Cousins has had in the NBA, culminating in his indefinite suspension from the team, should Coach Calipari have encouraged Cousins to stay at UK for more than one season, in order to mature before becoming a professional? Clearly, Cousins was "NBA ready" from an athletic standpoint, but I think it is obvious he was not ready for professional basketball from a maturity standpoint. I think it is a fair statement to say that it was foreseeable (and maybe even likely) that Cousins was going to have these kinds of issues in the NBA. What responsibility (if any) does Calipari have in this, in terms of encouraging Cousins to go pro vs. encouraging him to stay for further development? Cousins has been in the league for 3 years now. If he hasn't matured by now staying at UK another year wasn't going to do squat. Dude needs to grow up.
December 25, 201213 yr Must get out of Sacramento only chance to save his career, needs a coach and organization to guide him.
December 25, 201213 yr It was obvious that he was going to be a headache. He might grow up, but I can see him going from team to team until no one wants him. Then I guess he will have to try to find a real job. That should be another interesting thread.
December 25, 201213 yr Was he even eligible to,come back to UK for a second year? My understanding was he stopped going to classes in the second semester making a return to UK in year 2 impossible. I could be wrong, just what I heard. Of course, maybe that is a sign that maturity was an issue and the Kings should have stayed away.
December 25, 201213 yr Was he even eligible to,come back to UK for a second year? My understanding was he stopped going to classes in the second semester making a return to UK in year 2 impossible. I could be wrong, just what I heard. Of course, maybe that is a sign that maturity was an issue and the Kings should have stayed away. I was thinking Orton was the only one who stopped going to class but I could be wrong.
December 25, 201213 yr I was thinking Orton was the only one who stopped going to class but I could be wrong. Orton was the one who stopped going to classes. Cousins was still going.
December 25, 201213 yr Orton was the one who stopped going to classes. Cousins was still going. Excellent move by Orton...He may have to find a 9-5 sometime soon. How is the D-league?
December 25, 201213 yr Scribe and I tried to call out Cousins after that Miss State game, UK fans are seeing the light now. Wish him the best but he needs a lot of direction. Hope he's doing the right thing with his money, making him a CEO without the training might be a 30 for 30.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.