Question for guys that played high school football - dream related

nky_harry

I was at a high school reunion a few years ago and told my best friend, who I played football with, about a recurring dream I have. In this dream I get the chance to play again in a high school football game. In the dream I realize that I am an adult, but through some sort of circumstances that are never clear, I get a chance to suit up on a Friday night.

After telling my friend about this dream he tells me he has the same dream! Later that night my old football coach shows up. He played in college and coached for about 30 years. I tell him about my dream and he says he has it too!

So, my question is, are there any others out there that have this dream? I'm not one to live in the past or be an "Uncle Rico", but I have this dream about 3 times a year.

Anyone else?

For just this very reason semi pro football continues to exist. If you have not been to a game it will, 1 cure you of any desire to ever play again, 2 have you at practice the following Tuesday in pads that don't quite feel the same as they did years ago. It's a great game, but it's not for everyone.

Yup once or twice a year. Been outta school 13 years this up coming year. It's real weird though, it's like something always happens that stops me from playing like I'm late for the game or it's like they hand me the ball but it's like I'm running in sand and can barely move. I always wake up frustrated over it.