Everything posted by nky_harry
-
Dale Mueller has stepped down...
Not sure about a statue, but "Dale Mueller Field" has a certain ring to it. Or maybe they can name the new fieldhouse down in Death Valley after him...
-
Collins/Highlands Updates
Why are there no replays on the KHSAA broadcast? There were last year.
-
Monday Morning Quarterback: Fell for it like a Rookie
Maybe that's what he meant, but if you write "longest ever", there's only one interpretation...
-
Monday Morning Quarterback: Fell for it like a Rookie
"So, I admit it. I was blinded by the light (revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night; Manfred Mann, 1976)." Although originally written and performed by Springsteen, he does quote the Manfred Mann variation of the lyric. Springsteen sang "cut loose like a deuce", MM sang "revved up like a deuce." "Here’s my new prediction: Highlands will roll to its seventh straight state championship. According to MaxPreps, such a streak would be the longest ever in American high school football." I started a thread just about a year ago that asked what the record was for most consecutive state championships for a football team. The answer, according to the National Federation of High School Associations was 22. It was answered by Lawnboy13 in this thread: http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/what-national-record-245550.html
-
Ashland/Highlands Updates
Are the Birds able to throw in the rain, or are they keeping it on the ground?
-
Ashland/Highlands Updates
Are the Birds using their first stringers?
-
School Nicknames
Story I heard about how Highlands became the Bluebirds was that they were the Blue Devils until the clergy in town complained.
-
Should the KHSAA ever impose a "Death Penalty" on a school or should they...
I agree, no death penalty for the school. I believe the KHSAA can dictate who they allow to coach, right? That gives them the authority to suspend/ban coaches. What could they do about boosters that are acting (recruiting) without the school's or coach's knowledge?
-
Elder (OH) 30 Highlands 27
Okay, I know that the Elder players getting "injured" after a long pass play, or a turnover, probably had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but that kinda crap pisses me off! If your guys aren't in shape, or you want to stop the momentum, call a TO! GRRRR!!!
-
Elder (OH) 30 Highlands 27
Yes. Sacked, looked like he hurt his throwing shoulder. Hope it's not serious.
-
Highlands/Cincinnati Elder(OH) Updates
Seems like every time the Birds get rolling, an Elder guy goes down.
-
Highlands/Cincinnati Elder(OH) Updates
Looked like a bad snap that went into the endzone, recovered by Elder. TD Elder. 27-14. Can't make mistakes like that against a good team.
-
Highlands/Cincinnati Elder(OH) Updates
I thought Elder got the ball first to start the game. ??????
-
Highlands/Cincinnati Elder(OH) Updates
Birds score on 7 yd pass. 14-7 Elder winning. I don't think the Birds have run the shovel pass once yet, have they? Are they saving it for later , or what?
-
Highlands/Cincinnati Elder(OH) Updates
Another slow start for the Birds, just like early in the year. Thing is, they can't afford to do that against Elder.
-
Highlands/Elder Predictions
I thought this was a sure loss for the Birds, but after reading about how Moe crushed Elder and Winton Woods hung with them, I think HHS has a chance at a win.
-
Sources say Browning Nagle has left St. Xavier program
I thought about this same thing when I saw the stat's from the Moeller-Elder game. Elder's got this stud running back, and he only ran a few times, while the QB (coach's son) throws a ton of times (and not very effectively). I wasn't there, and maybe the Moe line was totally stuffing the run, but like I said, it crossed my mind that maybe dad was helping son despite what was best for the team.
-
Boone County: Play To Talent or Implement A System
Did Highlands go through a tough time while implementing platooning?
-
Highlands 77 Harrison County 0
As was mentioned in the update thread, it was embarrassing being a Bird fan and watching the timeouts at the end of the half. You can justify it any way you want - it was uncalled for. Need more reps for your offense? Leave them in for a series in the third quarter. To me, calling the timeouts look like trying to score before the half, not getting reps. This is coming from someone who thinks the world of Dale. I see him on a somewhat regular basis and he is truly a great guy. If I get the chance, I may just ask him about this.
-
Highlands 42 Paducah Tilghman 25
I'm sure Highlands would have beat them worse, but I heard the Bird's headsets mysteriously malfunctioned at critical times.
-
Highlands/John Hardin Updates
Is this on internet radio? If so, I can't find a link.
-
Bryan Station/Highlands Updates
Have the Birds put in the second team yet? If so, when did they do it?
-
Moeller (OH) at Covington Catholic 9/7 Predictions
Living in Ft Thomas I am a big Highlands fan, so of course there is not much love for CCH (but lots of respect). But man, I hate Moeller! Go Colonels!
-
Highlands 47 University Christian (FL) 17
I sat in the stands for the first 1 1/2 quarters. I about passed out. When I went to the concession stand (in the shade) the difference was significant. Not saying that was the difference in the game, but those in the sun were baking. As a matter of fact, you could see it on the Highlands sideline. The part of their sideline that was in the sun (right about the 50) was nearly empty - all the Birds were staying in the shade.
-
Highlands 47 University Christian (FL) 17
The UC QB seemed to understand the urgency. His body language toward the coaches showed that, but the coaches seemed to be very nonchalant, like they had no clue time was running out.