Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper / Conner predictions

Who wins !! 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins !!

    • Cooper
      72%
      37
    • Conner
      27%
      14

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I believe your question was how to gauge "hype" and my opinion is wins and loses, if a team is hyped up to be very good and they then "lay egg's" in my opinion that is not living up to the hype which shows in the win/losses. Just my opinion and I am sure you will have yours!

 

Gotcha. That wasn't what I was asking but I get your view.

  • Replies 210
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to see a Cooper win but have some doubts. Conner seems to be used to being in a dog fight every week until the end. It will be a tough game but with the skilled players from Cooper going both ways it will be even tougher. If Cooper were to win I think it would say a lot about the toughness of their kids. Good luck to both teams.

Gotcha. That wasn't what I was asking but I get your view.

Very sorry, went back and you are correct I took your comment out of context. I still think you can measure how hype effects a player like a team but in this case I think Barker has played exceptionally well. He is still young and is one of the top QB's in Kentucky! Let's face it Conner needs to hold teams from scoring on them. I am not sure of the exact number but I am thinking they only held SO on 2 series. I am sure the Conner coaches are working hard on stopping drives and it will be up to the players to execute! Good luck to both teams on Friday night.

Well after reading this, this is the game I'll be attending on Friday. Is it going to cost extra to sit right behind Hellbird and RE?!

 

Weather permiting I'll be there.

Well after reading this, this is the game I'll be attending on Friday. Is it going to cost extra to sit right behind Hellbird and RE?!

 

RE promised me a seat cushion, so I'm stoked!

 

In honor of the game I had to change my avatar.

Edited by Hellbird

The majority of talk in this thread has concerned the big, primary playmakers for each team (Barker,Morris,Fogle,Collins) and how they will match up with one another. Although I do believe all of the aforementioned players will all have a huge impact in the outcome of the game, I believe the outcome of the game will ultimately come down to who wins the "secondary match-ups." By secondary match-ups I mean the battles between the lesser known role players for each team. The studs (Barker,Morris,Fogle,Collins) will all put up their usual numbers Friday night, but this game will come down to which secondary role players win their respective match-ups. We seem to be forgetting that 11 players start and contribute to the outcome of the game not just two or three.

The majority of talk in this thread has concerned the big' date=' primary playmakers for each team (Barker,Morris,Fogle,Collins) and how they will match up with one another. Although I do believe all of the aforementioned players will all have a huge impact in the outcome of the game, I believe the outcome of the game will ultimately come down to who wins the "secondary match-ups." By secondary match-ups I mean the battles between the lesser known role players for each team. The studs (Barker,Morris,Fogle,Collins) will all put up their usual numbers Friday night, but this game will come down to which secondary role players win their respective match-ups. We seem to be forgetting that 11 players start and contribute to the outcome of the game not just two or three.[/quote']

 

Very good post.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

The majority of talk in this thread has concerned the big, primary playmakers for each team (Barker,Morris,Fogle,Collins) and how they will match up with one another. Although I do believe all of the aforementioned players will all have a huge impact in the outcome of the game, I believe the outcome of the game will ultimately come down to who wins the "secondary match-ups." By secondary match-ups I mean the battles between the lesser known role players for each team. The studs (Barker,Morris,Fogle,Collins) will all put up their usual numbers Friday night, but this game will come down to which secondary role players win their respective match-ups. We seem to be forgetting that 11 players start and contribute to the outcome of the game not just two or three.

 

IMO the D-Line of Cooper will be the main factor in this game . Conners O - line must be able to stop the front 4 of Cooper and that will be a tough thing to do . I think Conner has one of the best QB ;s in nky and Rb but I think Cooper is more rounded team . Cant wait to see how it plays out.

South Oldham came in to Conner last week leading 5A state rankings in passing yards allowed at 54/game. I think Conner put up around 315 or so.

 

I think the key will be if Conner's D is up to the challenge. I hope they will be ready. How could they not? Is it Friday yet??

South Oldham came in to Conner last week leading 5A state rankings in passing yards allowed at 54/game. I think Conner put up around 315 or so.

 

I think the key will be if Conner's D is up to the challenge. I hope they will be ready. How could they not? Is it Friday yet??

That is why my key to the game will come down to Cooper's secondary. If Cooper's D-line can keep Barker from getting outside the pocket and extending the play the DB's for Cooper must do their job. If they can't cover Conner's receiver's then it could be a very very long night for Cooper. Cooper's D-Line must get pressure on Barker and make him either hurry his throws or try to run the ball.

47 hours 54 mins and counting...

31 hrs and 8 mins....let's get it on!

It may have been mentioned in one of the 10 previous pages but...

 

If you want to listen online (and I have the last few weeks) then dial up Conner High School Football > Home and listen to the crew. They do a really nice job. The "Coach" is really good at play-by-play.

12 hours and counting.

 

I hear this game will have a lot of coverage. Ch 9 will be there, a radio station out of Indiana will also be broadcasting the game.

Tee minus 5 hours and counting...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.