Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper / Conner predictions

Who wins !! 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins !!

    • Cooper
      72%
      37
    • Conner
      27%
      14

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I will go ahead and ask the question to RE

 

Who was the better team last year, Cooper or Conner?

  • Replies 210
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask him one simple question then. Ask him who he thought was the best team last year, Cooper or Conner. His answer to that question will let you know your original take on his statement was correct and he gave Cooper no credit and would never admit Cooper was better than Conner last year.

 

Sorry. Can't say that. Conner lost their QB early in the 2nd half of a close game and made it to the Quarter finals of the state tournament.

I don't know much about the Highlands players, but I do know Fogle very well. Watched him since his first year playing football and I would also take him over anyone in NKY. Going into the season I thought Casey Boston would be my #1 choice but he is hurt and out the rest of the way. Fogle is deffinatley my 1st choice though.

 

Fogle > Boston. No comparison in the speed department. Fogle is a human highlight reel.

Sorry. Can't say that. Conner lost their QB early in the 2nd half of a close game and made it to the Quarter finals of the state tournament.

I rest my case.

 

Thanks for proving my point.

 

 

Also the game wasn't close, the score was a lot closer than the game itself. Cooper ddominated that entire game last year.

You want to keep making excuses for Conner's loss last year then I guess Cooper can use the excuse int he playoff game they lost their best lineman early in the 2nd half of that game also which according to your criteria that means Cooper was the better team vvs Montgomery Co.

 

Now I could maybe stomach your excuse if Conner was winning at the time Barker went out in the 2nd half, but the fact is Conner was losing still at that time and Barker was a non factor when he was in the game. They were behind the entire game so your excuuse is rather sad. I knew you could never admit tthat Cooper was the better team and I don't expect you to ever admit that no matter what year it is.

 

 

This years game I don't think it will be as dominate. Like I said, this game worries me.

I rest my case.

 

Thanks for proving my point.

 

Also the game wasn't close, the score was a lot closer than the game itself. Cooper ddominated that entire game last year.

You want to keep making excuses for Conner's loss last year then I guess Cooper can use the excuse int he playoff game they lost their best lineman early in the 2nd half of that game also which according to your criteria that means Cooper was the better team vvs Montgomery Co.

 

Now I could maybe stomach your excuse if Conner was winning at the time Barker went out in the 2nd half, but the fact is Conner was losing still at that time and Barker was a non factor when he was in the game. They were behind the entire game so your excuuse is rather sad. I knew you could never admit tthat Cooper was the better team and I don't expect you to ever admit that no matter what year it is.

 

This years game I don't think it will be as dominate. Like I said, this game worries me.

 

You have your facts wrong. It was a 3 point game early in the third. Guess that's not a close game in your opinion. Doesn't matter. Win Friday and all the props are yours my friend. Good luck.

I rest my case.

 

Thanks for proving my point.

 

Also the game wasn't close, the score was a lot closer than the game itself. Cooper ddominated that entire game last year.

You want to keep making excuses for Conner's loss last year then I guess Cooper can use the excuse int he playoff game they lost their best lineman early in the 2nd half of that game also which according to your criteria that means Cooper was the better team vvs Montgomery Co.

 

Now I could maybe stomach your excuse if Conner was winning at the time Barker went out in the 2nd half, but the fact is Conner was losing still at that time and Barker was a non factor when he was in the game. They were behind the entire game so your excuuse is rather sad. I knew you could never admit tthat Cooper was the better team and I don't expect you to ever admit that no matter what year it is.

 

This years game I don't think it will be as dominate. Like I said, this game worries me.

 

And you are very wrong. With 10:48 to go in the third, it was 7-3 (Conner).

Wow, it's a good thing I don't log-in in the evening's as I may never get to sleep. It's two solid teams that know each other well and should be a great atmosphere. I have no idea how the game will go as I have not seen Conner this year.

 

RE, you question what offenses Cooper has faced to get their good defensive stats, well, they have faced basically the same teams as Conner. I think there is little question Conner's offense is better and Cooper's defense is better. It may come down to who turns the ball over the least!!

6 - 0 still people not happy ! Cooper plays the best 11 on both sides or the ball . If its working don't fix it !

 

I agree 100%. So the Jags aren't deep. Coach B is playing the BEST 11 and it's worked to this point and he will ride them until they can't run any longer. Obviously just because you have bodies on the sidelines does not mean you have "playmakers" so the staff has chosen to play who they feel can get the job done and it's gotten them off to a 6-0 start against some of the top teams in the area at the time they played them. Something is working if you consider the following: 1) Beat Ryle - never done 2) Beat Boone co - never done 3) Beat State Champ Holy Cross - never done 4) Beat Holmes - never done. The Jags have won 11 of the last 12 games so again, if it ain't broke don't fix it is what I say. I'm seeing pages upon pages of how great the Conner O is and how great the Cooper D is but very little chatter on how the Conner D has given up 33 pts. per game and how the Cooper O is avg 33 pts per game. At some point you have to STOP somebody (please reference the Conner - South Oldham 63-57 loss).

 

Everyone talks about Barker and Fogle who are GREAT and I mean GREAT playmakers but I hope everyone continues to "sleep" on Morris, Collins, Morgan, Brooks, and of late Fussinger because I don't think Conner's D can stop all of them. JMO

 

This will be a great game and the best team will win whoever that happens to be this Friday nite.

In my opinion the HYPE shows in wins and loses!

 

Please clarify. I'm not sure what the above means.

A lot of Cooper people would that don't buy into the hype from a discussion board. Cooper won last year and has more kids back from what I understand than Conner does. Cooper may not win but it's not an upset if they do. That was the thought before the season and now, I'm sure.

 

I don't believe most thought it would be an upset prior to the season starting. Cooper, as you have pointed out, return a lot of players from a good team last season. Everyone has been circling this game for a reason. It will be a good game.

You have your facts wrong. It was a 3 point game early in the third. Guess that's not a close game in your opinion. Doesn't matter. Win Friday and all the props are yours my friend. Good luck.

 

You may need to get your facts straight. It was never a 3 point game.

As far as you saying "Win Friday and all the props are yours my friend" That would be another lie, why would you give us props this year when you constantly refused to give us props last year when we beat Conner? A zebra doesn't change it's stripes and I doubt you could ever change yours.

I agree 100%. So the Jags aren't deep. Coach B is playing the BEST 11 and it's worked to this point and he will ride them until they can't run any longer. Obviously just because you have bodies on the sidelines does not mean you have "playmakers" so the staff has chosen to play who they feel can get the job done and it's gotten them off to a 6-0 start against some of the top teams in the area at the time they played them. Something is working if you consider the following: 1) Beat Ryle - never done 2) Beat Boone co - never done 3) Beat State Champ Holy Cross - never done 4) Beat Holmes - never done. The Jags have won 11 of the last 12 games so again, if it ain't broke don't fix it is what I say. I'm seeing pages upon pages of how great the Conner O is and how great the Cooper D is but very little chatter on how the Conner D has given up 33 pts. per game and how the Cooper O is avg 33 pts per game. At some point you have to STOP somebody (please reference the Conner - South Oldham 63-57 loss).

 

Everyone talks about Barker and Fogle who are GREAT and I mean GREAT playmakers but I hope everyone continues to "sleep" on Morris, Collins, Morgan, Brooks, and of late Fussinger because I don't think Conner's D can stop all of them. JMO

 

This will be a great game and the best team will win whoever that happens to be this Friday nite.

Great post!

 

That about sums it up in a nutshell.

As to the question about a 3-way tie....Each team gets to select 4 teams it beat and add their wins up to come up with a total number of points. One note: You cannot count a team's wins if it's one of the 3 teams tied.

 

The team with the most points wins. You then have two left. The head-to-head winner of those two gets the 2 seed.

I agree 100%. So the Jags aren't deep. Coach B is playing the BEST 11 and it's worked to this point and he will ride them until they can't run any longer. Obviously just because you have bodies on the sidelines does not mean you have "playmakers" so the staff has chosen to play who they feel can get the job done and it's gotten them off to a 6-0 start against some of the top teams in the area at the time they played them. Something is working if you consider the following: 1) Beat Ryle - never done 2) Beat Boone co - never done 3) Beat State Champ Holy Cross - never done 4) Beat Holmes - never done. The Jags have won 11 of the last 12 games so again, if it ain't broke don't fix it is what I say. I'm seeing pages upon pages of how great the Conner O is and how great the Cooper D is but very little chatter on how the Conner D has given up 33 pts. per game and how the Cooper O is avg 33 pts per game. At some point you have to STOP somebody (please reference the Conner - South Oldham 63-57 loss).

 

Everyone talks about Barker and Fogle who are GREAT and I mean GREAT playmakers but I hope everyone continues to "sleep" on Morris, Collins, Morgan, Brooks, and of late Fussinger because I don't think Conner's D can stop all of them. JMO

 

This will be a great game and the best team will win whoever that happens to be this Friday nite.

 

Cooper averages scoring 33 pts per game, that is correct. Conner averages 44 points per game. By my calculations, Conner scores more than Cooper. Conner may give up a lot of points, an average of 32 points per game this season, but again by my calculations, they score more than they give up. And when it comes down to it, that really is all that matters, right? As long as you outscore your opponent when the clock reads 0:00 does it really matter? No.

As to the question about a 3-way tie....Each team gets to select 4 teams it beat and add their wins up to come up with a total number of points. One note: You cannot count a team's wins if it's one of the 3 teams tied.

 

The team with the most points wins. You then have two left. The head-to-head winner of those two gets the 2 seed.

 

What's wrong with the good old fashioned coin toss from the Friday Night Light's movie lol

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.