Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper / Conner predictions

Who wins !! 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins !!

    • Cooper
      72%
      37
    • Conner
      27%
      14

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

And you are very wrong. With 10:48 to go in the third, it was 7-3 (Conner).

 

Cooper dominated the entire game last year. As I said earlier the score was closer than the game was and going back to read the thread about the game last year it sure looks like I wasn't the only one thinking that.

 

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/cooper-20-conner-224284.html#post4166073

 

I did find it funny that you were the first one to start thinking of excuses when you hinted it was because Barker went out. Barker was a non issue in the game when he was playing.

The almighty Barker couldn't muster a TD the entire game.

 

To show what I meant by Barker not being a factor at all when he was in that game, here are his stats

3 for 11 passing for 28 yards 0 TD's

His rushing stats 13 rushes for 45 yards 0 TD's

 

Now what I find funny also is you can tell in your posts in that thread how upset you truly were that Cooper would find the gall to actually beat the almighty Conner Cougars. I will say one thing I learned in that thread and that was Clyde's posts. He had and showed a lot of class. What did you do in that thread? You went on to post about Conner JV beating Cooper the next day as if that made all the world right lol. Very telling, I'm glad I found that old thread, it shows me that you were the exact same last year

  • Replies 210
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooper averages scoring 33 pts per game, that is correct. Conner averages 44 points per game. By my calculations, Conner scores more than Cooper. Conner may give up a lot of points, an average of 32 points per game this season, but again by my calculations, they score more than they give up. And when it comes down to it, that really is all that matters, right? As long as you outscore your opponent when the clock reads 0:00 does it really matter? No.

Very true, and that is what Cooper has done so far in every game. Scored more than their opponents.

As to the question about a 3-way tie....Each team gets to select 4 teams it beat and add their wins up to come up with a total number of points. One note: You cannot count a team's wins if it's one of the 3 teams tied.

 

The team with the most points wins. You then have two left. The head-to-head winner of those two gets the 2 seed.

 

You are correct, I looked up the rules last night after i posed the question and found that. I believe that is like the 2nd or 3rd tie breaker for more than 2 teams tied.

 

So now I hope Campbell County and Ryle goes undefeated the rest of the way lol....doesn't hurt to wish haha

Getting juiced at home by a #4 seed is laying an egg. Spin it how you will. Sounds like you were satisfied with moral victories last year. Baby steps, right?

 

Can't wait to see this 85' Bears defense. I must ask. Has Cooper faced a good offense all year? Ryle? HC? Boone? Holmes? Scott? CC? What do all these teams have in common? They are all lacking one thing? What is it??

 

Hold up RE slow your roll! Since 3 of your 5 opponents are the same as Cooper and Cooper has gone 3-0 against them as well, your almost shooting yourself in the foot with that comment. Conner beat those same opponents 133-68 and Cooper beat those same opponents 86-23 and Cooper didn't need late game heroics to beat CC So basically you are saying the 2 teams that on your schedule to date that "have an offense" are Dixie and South Oldham and according to my records those were losses for the Cougars!!!

 

Bottom line is this: Barker and Co have a powerful offense but at some point you have to STOP somebody!!! Giving up 63 points is meant for basketball!!!

Please clarify. I'm not sure what the above means.

I believe your question was how to gauge "hype" and my opinion is wins and loses, if a team is hyped up to be very good and they then "lay egg's" in my opinion that is not living up to the hype which shows in the win/losses. Just my opinion and I am sure you will have yours!

You may need to get your facts straight. It was never a 3 point game.

As far as you saying "Win Friday and all the props are yours my friend" That would be another lie, why would you give us props this year when you constantly refused to give us props last year when we beat Conner? A zebra doesn't change it's stripes and I doubt you could ever change yours.

I stand corrected, it was a 3 point game when Cooper went up 3-0

It just didn't feel like it was when Cooper went on to score back to back TD's after Conner's first TD.

 

This unbiased article pretty much summed up the game

http://www.tristatefootball.com/articles.asp?articleid=3371

 

I will quote some of the article to maybe refresh your memory of how the game went.

 

"The Cooper (3-4, 2-0) defense set the tone most of the night, especially in the first half, as they kept Conner (3-4, 1-1) off the scoreboard and extended their streak of holding opponents scoreless to eight quarters"

 

"The matchup featured two of Northern Kentucky’s top underclassmen quarterbacks in Conner’s Drew Barker and Tyler Morris of Cooper. The Jaguars got a big effort from Morris, who completed 7-of-14 passes for 106 yards and two touchdowns. He added 102 yards on 30 carries. Barker on the other hand was mostly ineffective"

 

"Thirty of the game’s 33 points were scored in the second half. After running back AJ Collins fumbled a pitch from Morris on an option pitch on the Jaguars’ opening drive, Conner took advantage. Playing with a short field, the Cougars scored their first TD of the game on a halfback-toss-pass as Cameron Fogle connected with Jacob Mulldernik on a 26-yard scoring pass to give them their only lead of the game.

 

Cooper responded by finding the end zone on back-to-back possessions to close out the third quarter. Both scores came via TD passes by Morris. First he found A.J. Branch for a 33-yard scoring strike. He followed it up with a 17-yard TD pass to Collins, who snuck out of the backfield and right up the middle and found a seam.

 

Senior Mike Hollifield drilled a 27-yard field goal, his second of the game, early in the fourth quarter to help the Jaguars open up a 20-7 lead. "

 

That about sums it up pretty good.

Cooper will be 6-1 after Friday night! :D

Very true, and that is what Cooper has done so far in every game. Scored more than their opponents.

 

You are correct, however, my point in response to Mr. Sixer's post was that Conner scores more points per game than Cooper, and Cooper is scoring, on average, almost the exact amount of points per game that Conner has allowed. Do you see where I'm going with this? What I'm trying to say here is that although Cooper is 6-0 at the moment, they have not shown me that they are capable of scoring with Conner. This game may be a shootout, and if that is the case, I question Cooper's ability to keep up.

 

Conner gives up 32.8 PPG (to be exact), Cooper scores 32.6 (to be exact)..

You are correct, however, my point in response to Mr. Sixer's post was that Conner scores more points per game than Cooper, and Cooper is scoring, on average, almost the exact amount of points per game that Conner has allowed. Do you see where I'm going with this? What I'm trying to say here is that although Cooper is 6-0 at the moment, they have not shown me that they are capable of scoring with Conner. This game may be a shootout, and if that is the case, I question Cooper's ability to keep up.

 

Conner gives up 32.8 PPG (to be exact), Cooper scores 32.6 (to be exact)..

And that is what I am worried about. If Cooper can keep up with Conner. That is why this game even before the season started was the one I was most worried about.

 

Now, at the same time, you also have to take into account why Conner has scored so many points? There are a couple things in play here.

1. The defenses they are playing are not very good and allows that many points to be put up by a very good offense. (what i mean by that is, it may not be as difficult to score a lot of those points when the defense can't stop anyone....look at the last 3 games Conner played, they put up a ton of points yet came within 7 seconds of being 0-3)

 

2. Conner was in close games and was able to keep their starting offense on the field to continue putting those points up. Cooper on the other hand have replaced their starting offense several times this season because of the big leads in games. You talk about all the points Conner has put up in the last month, how many of those were from their 2nd string offense?

 

I guess what to me is the more telling story would be margin of victory. For instance, Cooper had been up 40+ points in a couple games before their 2nd and 3rd stringers gave up points to the starters of the opposing teams.

 

Margin of victory may be the true litmus test for these two teams heading into Friday nights game.

 

Cooper has been averaging 25.5 point differential so far through the season. More importantly that is for 6 games compared to only 3 games Conner has won.

Now if Cooper kept playing their starters in those games to keep scoring then there would be threads on this site about how Cooper has no class and keeps running up the scores etc. When you are up by y4 scores, what does continually scoring in those games do for you and your program and how others view your team?

Edited by Hellbird

You are correct, however, my point in response to Mr. Sixer's post was that Conner scores more points per game than Cooper, and Cooper is scoring, on average, almost the exact amount of points per game that Conner has allowed. Do you see where I'm going with this? What I'm trying to say here is that although Cooper is 6-0 at the moment, they have not shown me that they are capable of scoring with Conner. This game may be a shootout, and if that is the case, I question Cooper's ability to keep up.

 

Conner gives up 32.8 PPG (to be exact), Cooper scores 32.6 (to be exact)..

 

I see what you are trying to say but go to the other side of the equation. Cooper only gives up around 7 a game and Conner scores 30 plus a game. So when you figure in both sides of the ball Cooper has the NUMBERS advantage if you want to play that game but it all means nothing as it comes down to the match-ups of the two teams that are playing Friday.

I see what you are trying to say but go to the other side of the equation. Cooper only gives up around 7 a game and Conner scores 30 plus a game. So when you figure in both sides of the ball Cooper has the NUMBERS advantage if you want to play that game but it all means nothing as it comes down to the match-ups of the two teams that are playing Friday.

 

I am not playing the "numbers game" I could care less about what the numbers say. Others were stating numbers, so I threw in facts on the topic. You are correct, it comes down to the matchups, and Cooper has not played a team that has an offense anywhere near as potent and explosive as Conner's. I doubt very seriously that they are able to keep their 'only giving up an average of 7 points per game' stat alive this week. Conner is going to score points, probably quite a few of them, and I don't think Cooper can keep up offensively with the Cougars.

I am not playing the "numbers game" I could care less about what the numbers say. Others were stating numbers, so I threw in facts on the topic. You are correct, it comes down to the matchups, and Cooper has not played a team that has an ofense anywhere near as potent and explosive as Conner's. I doubt very seriously that they are able to keep their 'only giving up an average of 7 points per game' stat alive this week. Conner is going to score points, probably quite a few of them, and I don't think Cooper can keep up offensively with the Cougars.

 

Could be correct. Which again, is the reason I have not predicted a winner in this game and will not be doing so.

 

But I did find something very interesting. When you talked about Conner avg'ing 30 pts a game etc. and you don't think Cooper can keep up with them. I was curious to see how this years offense for Conner compared to last years offense.

Conner avg'd scoring 32.7 pts per game last year. Cooper only averaged 24 pts a game last year which is worse than this years offense by Cooper. So you would think it would of been easier for Conner to win that game last year against cooper if you are only looking at the offenses. Cooper won that game and held Conner to more than half their season avg.

 

Oh I almost forgot, last year Coopers defense avg'd giving up 17 pts a game, this year Cooper's defense has avg'd giving up 7 pts a game.

 

So maybe Cooper may have a little bit of a chance this Friday night. ;)

 

BTW, I love stats so I love this conversation we are having, I'm a geek that way lol.

Could be correct. Which again, is the reason I have not predicted a winner in this game and will not be doing so.

 

But I did find something very interesting. When you talked about Conner avg'ing 30 pts a game etc. and you don't think Cooper can keep up with them. I was curious to see how this years offense for Conner compared to last years offense.

Conner avg'd scoring 32.7 pts per game last year. Cooper only averaged 24 pts a game last year which is worse than this years offense by Cooper. So you would think it would of been easier for Conner to win that game last year against cooper if you are only looking at the offenses. Cooper won that game and held Conner to more than half their season avg.

 

Oh I almost forgot, last year Coopers defense avg'd giving up 17 pts a game, this year Cooper's defense has avg'd giving up 7 pts a game.

 

So maybe Cooper may have a little bit of a chance this Friday night. ;)

 

BTW, I love stats so I love this conversation we are having, I'm a geek that way lol.

 

Conner is averaging 44 PPG not 30.. And like I said earlier, Cooper has not played anyone with the offensive fire power that Conner has, so their 7 PPG state line is probabl going to take a hit this week.

 

With that out of the way, I really hate when people talk numbers, becasue what has happened in the past really doesn't matter. The game friday night could be a 3-0 defensive struggle, or it could be 55-67.. Only time will tell.

I am not playing the "numbers game" I could care less about what the numbers say. Others were stating numbers, so I threw in facts on the topic. You are correct, it comes down to the matchups, and Cooper has not played a team that has an offense anywhere near as potent and explosive as Conner's. I doubt very seriously that they are able to keep their 'only giving up an average of 7 points per game' stat alive this week. Conner is going to score points, probably quite a few of them, and I don't think Cooper can keep up offensively with the Cougars.

 

I don't like the numbers game so I was providing more facts for you. I doubt Cooper holds Conner to 7 either. I think if they hold them to 28 they can win.

Pre-season it was mentioned that Steve Spurrier would be attending this game to see Barker. Is this still the case?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.