Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper / Conner predictions

Who wins !! 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins !!

    • Cooper
      72%
      37
    • Conner
      27%
      14

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I say this with the upmost respect but you say Cooper laid an Egg because they lost to a lower seed but if Conner who most likely will not be a one seed this year in the playoffs wins it is not the same scenario, and as for your friend I wonder how he feels about anyone saying his sons team laid an egg? Lead by example Mr RE and again I say these things with respect for you and all of the Conner football team!

 

I think that the majority of people feel like that if any team, in any sport gets beat by a lower seeded team in a playoff situation, it would be considered "laying an egg" its an expression, don't get too bent out of shape about it.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

  • Replies 210
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not bashed Cooper at all. I can't ask honest questions without you getting defensive? Maybe someone else should grow up. Seem a bit touchy to me. Good luck to your team Friday night. Should be a good game. Sorry you found that hard to believe, it's very true.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/cooper-best-team-239004-page3.html#post4429974

 

 

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/cooper-best-team-239004-page3.html#post4429969

 

Just a couple of your previous posts. It just always seems that if anyone talks good about Cooper it some how offends you is all.

I think that the majority of people feel like that if any team, in any sport gets beat by a lower seeded team in a playoff situation, it would be considered "laying an egg" its an expression, don't get too bent out of shape about it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

 

Fair enough but I am not sure most people would agree, 2 sixth seeds in the NFL have won the super bowl (2005 and 2011) were those egg's laid by all the teams the beat? Everything is said in context that is always true.

as

I think that the majority of people feel like that if any team, in any sport gets beat by a lower seeded team in a playoff situation, it would be considered "laying an egg" its an expression, don't get too bent out of shape about it.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

That is true, and I get it.

But I along with many others still remember RE's posts after week 1 of the season where he continued to say Conner was the better team last year even though they lost to Cooper because Conner advanced farther in the playoffs, yet in the same breath he went on to say it will be proven they are better than Cooper when they beat Cooper this year. So what confuses me is this...is a team that beats another team the better team as long as that team is conner? And if that scenerio fails, then the better team is the team that goes further in the playoffs as long as that team is Conner.

 

That is the standards in which RE goes by and is what comes across as 1. He will never give Cooper their due no matter what happens. It's a no win situation he puts Cooper in. If for some strange reason Cooper ends up going further in the playoffs and also wins this Friday night, then I can already here the response by RE, it will go something like this:

 

So it's 1 year, Conner has been doing that for a lot longer. When Cooper does it several times then they can be considered as good as Conner.

 

That is what he comes off sounding like all season.

I think that the majority of people feel like that if any team, in any sport gets beat by a lower seeded team in a playoff situation, it would be considered "laying an egg" its an expression, don't get too bent out of shape about it.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

Something that is lost in this entire egg laying thing is this. People seem to forget that both Cooper and Montgomery Co. had the exact same record. IT wasn't like Cooper was 6-5 and Montgomery Co. was 3-8. Not sure how much of an egg you can lay when both teams had identical records.

 

 

I also guess we could say that Conner laid an egg last week at home. So. Oldham was ranked lower than Conner in the rankings going into that game.

 

hmmmm, interesting lol

as

That is true, and I get it.

But I along with many others still remember RE's posts after week 1 of the season where he continued to say Conner was the better team last year even though they lost to Cooper because Conner advanced farther in the playoffs, yet in the same breath he went on to say it will be proven they are better than Cooper when they beat Cooper this year. So what confuses me is this...is a team that beats another team the better team as long as that team is conner? And if that scenerio fails, then the better team is the team that goes further in the playoffs as long as that team is Conner.

 

That is the standards in which RE goes by and is what comes across as 1. He will never give Cooper their due no matter what happens. It's a no win situation he puts Cooper in. If for some strange reason Cooper ends up going further in the playoffs and also wins this Friday night, then I can already here the response by RE, it will go something like this:

 

So it's 1 year, Conner has been doing that for a lot longer. When Cooper does it several times then they can be considered as good as Conner.

 

That is what he comes off sounding like all season.

 

Bad assumption on your part. Speculating is scary stuff. Still not sure why you chose to ignore my valid questions. I can speculate that you assumed I was bashing Cooper, which I was not. Good luck Friday HB.

I will garuntee one thing. If Cooper loses Friday Night I will not run and hide from these boards. I will congratulate Conner for a well deserved win and move on to next weeks game.

 

I've said it a ton of times on here. This was the game I was most worried about because of the offense Conner has. If they beat Cooper, although i will be bummed I also won't be too surprised. It's going to be a good game and the winner of the game deserves to be the #2 seed at least going into the playoffs.

Bad assumption on your part. Speculating is scary stuff. Still not sure why you chose to ignore my valid questions. I can speculate that you assumed I was bashing Cooper, which I was not. Good luck Friday HB.

What questions did I ignore? I will answer them.

 

And as I said many times already, I wish you all the best of luck also Friday night. I tthink Boone county has 4 great schools that through the years in the future will give a good name for HS Football in our area. I have too many friends and know too many kids right now that play at all 4 schools to ever root against them, unless our schools are involved in a head to head matchup.

 

If the question you refer to is wether or not I was here last year, the answer is no. I just joined this year so I didn't see the post you were refering to from Cooper fans.

Something that is lost in this entire egg laying thing is this. People seem to forget that both Cooper and Montgomery Co. had the exact same record. IT wasn't like Cooper was 6-5 and Montgomery Co. was 3-8. Not sure how much of an egg you can lay when both teams had identical records.

 

I also guess we could say that Conner laid an egg last week at home. So. Oldham was ranked lower than Conner in the rankings going into that game.

 

hmmmm, interesting lol

 

They did lay an egg. They know it and I can at least admit it without getting defensive. No big deal. Had chances to win that game and didn't seize them. BTW, S Oldham is a good team. You will see in a couple of weeks.

Something that is lost in this entire egg laying thing is this. People seem to forget that both Cooper and Montgomery Co. had the exact same record. IT wasn't like Cooper was 6-5 and Montgomery Co. was 3-8. Not sure how much of an egg you can lay when both teams had identical records.

 

 

I also guess we could say that Conner laid an egg last week at home. So. Oldham was ranked lower than Conner in the rankings going into that game.

 

hmmmm, interesting lol

As I stated everything is meant in context and I assumed incorrectly the context of Mr. RE's intention with the comment, it most likely was complementing Cooper for being the better team and losing to a unworthy opponent
They did lay an egg. They know it and I can at least admit it without getting defensive. No big deal. Had chances to win that game and didn't seize them. BTW, S Oldham is a good team. You will see in a couple of weeks.

I know SO is a good team. I believe they only have 1 loss.

I was very bummed when Cooper lost, nevewr once came on here making excuses to why although there are many valid reasons if you watched the game that many others would use to explain the loss. Laying an egg though, i wouldn't go that far. Laying an egg would be losing to a team that has no wins for instance, not losing to a team with the same record as your team no matter what the seedings are. Should we have won? Yes, IMO, but it was tough when you have 3 TD's called back. Laying an egg would be not being able to do anything in a game against an inferior opponent. There has been nothing to suggest Montgomery Co. was an inferior opponent at all. The only thing you have to go by is the seeding.

 

Here is the issue I've had with your previous comments throughout the season about Cooper and conner last year. I've said it before but will say it again. It's rather simple. It was your continuous stating Conner was by far the better team last year. It was if you were afraid to even say the words "Cooper was better" You ignore the fact that Cooper not only won the district, but beat Conner along the way. That is what always got me this year when reading your posts as they seemed to come across with nothing but true hate and jealousy for what Cooper did last year.

 

That has been my take on your view about Cooper Football.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/cooper-best-team-239004-page3.html#post4429974

 

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/cooper-best-team-239004-page3.html#post4429969

 

Just a couple of your previous posts. It just always seems that if anyone talks good about Cooper it some how offends you is all.

 

Banter between UK#1 and myself?? Seriously? I would take Fogle over any player in NKY. He's that dynamic.

As I stated everything is meant in context and I assumed incorrectly the context of Mr. RE's intention with the comment, it most likely was complementing Cooper for being the better team and losing to a unworthy opponent

Ask him one simple question then. Ask him who he thought was the best team last year, Cooper or Conner. His answer to that question will let you know your original take on his statement was correct and he gave Cooper no credit and would never admit Cooper was better than Conner last year.

Banter between UK#1 and myself?? Seriously? I would take Fogle over any player in NKY. He's that dynamic.

I don't know much about the Highlands players, but I do know Fogle very well. Watched him since his first year playing football and I would also take him over anyone in NKY. Going into the season I thought Casey Boston would be my #1 choice but he is hurt and out the rest of the way. Fogle is deffinatley my 1st choice though.

Banter between UK#1 and myself?? Seriously? I would take Fogle over any player in NKY. He's that dynamic.

Absolutely this young man is the real deal the best player in NKY to date!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.