51 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins !!

• Cooper
    • Conner

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drop, I know you are not bashing a kid. Knew that from the first post and you made it clear in each post.

And really I don't have a problem with expressing an opinion , positive or negative, about a player. It's an opinion. Unlike a particular poster on here who never brings any intelligence to posts and thrives on taking joy in kids' failures I know YOUR opinion would be based on observation.

Here is the part I am questioning:

"...it seems like the hype and attention he has gotten may be having some effect on him."

I asked and am asking how one determines that. When you say "it seems" that's saying you've seen something that gives you credible evidence to arrive at that conclusion. I don't see how a bad read, a bad decision, or a bad pass can tell you what's the underlying issue. It's like saying "it seems like he has girlfriend issues" or "it seems like he's worried about calculus too much."

I say when any high school QB makes a bad play it's no different than I see Sanchez or Brady or Manning do occasionally on Sunday. I never wonder what the underlying issue is with them.

Does that make sense?

Yes you make perfect sense.. And I was just asking more or less how is the young man handling the pressure. Maybe hype was the wrong word, pressure probably seems more fitting.

I have just seen some things this year that I didn't see out of him last year. Could be that the season is still relatively early, and kinks are still being worked out.. The entire conner team is feeling this pressure, with all of the talks this preseason.

I think as a team they all need to just take a deep breath, relax, and just do what comes natural. They will be okay in hebron.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

Yes you make perfect sense.. And I was just asking more or less how is the young man handling the pressure. Maybe hype was the wrong word, pressure probably seems more fitting.

I have just seen some things this year that I didn't see out of him last year. Could be that the season is still relatively early, and kinks are still being worked out.. The entire conner team is feeling this pressure, with all of the talks this preseason.

I think as a team they all need to just take a deep breath, relax, and just do what comes natural. They will be okay in hebron.

Barker has one huge asset, and that is knowing he still has another year to play before he chooses his future College. That can only serve to help and not hurt the kid.

I really like his mechanics and knowing he has another year still to go can do nothing but help him out.

When I think of a QB getting a lot of national attention I compare that QB to another QB in the area that got a ton of hype not long ago and that is Zeke Pike. Cooper faced both last year and I can tell you hands down that Barker was head and shoulders above Pike. Actually Pike was the worst QB on the field when they played Cooper last year so out of 3 QB's on the 3 teams, Pike was 3rd out of 3. I thought he may have been the most overrated QB I've ever seen at the HS level who was getting a ton of hype for being a D1 prospect.

Not only is Barker by far the better QB out of he and Pike, but Barker also understands he has to work at it and has a head on his shoulders. I may get bashed for talking about Pike like I have been but I actually don't care. When a player has the world in his hands like Pike did and still did everything he could to throw it all away, I don't feel sorry for the kid. The sad part about Pike is he had the perfect QB build, unfortunatly he couldn't capitalize on it and was god awful in the 2 games I watched him in last year. He threw 6 or 7 int's in that 2 game stretch. IT also didn't help the kid that when his stats were posted on some of the national sites last year, whoever was submitting his stats never included his Int's. I wonder how many others caught that?

Anyway I think Barker has a very bright future ahead of him. I hope he learns from others mistakes and keeps a good head on his shoulders. Best of luck to him in the future. IF I can make one wish, I hope Barker throws an Int to my kid this friday so my boy can say when watching Barker play on Saturdays on National TV "I intercepted him" lol

Good luck Friday

Just wondering but will Cooper with so many players going both ways, be out of gas in the 4th quarter?

If the game is close will they be able to hold on for the win against a team that can score a lot quickly?

That is my question as well. All I have heard is how good Cooper is, but they are very thin. Will the Cooper defense be able to run with the skill players for Conner all 4 quarters with so many playing both ways? I don't think many conner players play both sides of the ball The ones that do are frequently subbed in and out so they stay fresh. Should be an interesting match up, and a very good game. I predict a Conner victory in a shootout.

Just wondering but will Cooper with so many players going both ways, be out of gas in the 4th quarter?

If the game is close will they be able to hold on for the win against a team that can score a lot quickly?

That has been my concern all year and I brought it up last week. That is what happened in the Boone game and CC game, they eventually looked like they were wearing down. That is why scoring early is so important for the Jaguars

Borchers is such a great defensive coach and the strong suit for Cooper the last couple years has always been the defense, but what he has always done is play the best players on defense and if that means players playing both ways then that is what he does which leads to several players playing both ways and wears on them. It has worked so far and he has actually more this year started subbing other players on the defenisve side of the ball more because of the athletes he has. For example in the Ryle game they had #12 Fussinger play most of the game at safety when he is primarily an offensive player, and he doesn't even start on defense and ended up with the 2nd most tackles on the team that game. They did the same thing this past week and subbed him in to safety and all he did was return a fumble for 89 yards for aa TD. So they have the players to use and Borchers has been doing that more this year. Froehlicher is another one Borchers uses to sub on the line a lot, he is as strong as anyone on the team and does a great job when they go to him to clog up the middle. So unlike in years past he isn't hesitating to sub more and more players in on defense. This past game he subbed an entire defensivbe unit in and out.

IT will be interesting though to watch how he handles the defense this week.

That is my question as well. All I have heard is how good Cooper is, but they are very thin. Will the Cooper defense be able to run with the skill players for Conner all 4 quarters with so many playing both ways? I don't think many conner players play both sides of the ball The ones that do are frequently subbed in and out so they stay fresh. Should be an interesting match up, and a very good game. I predict a Conner victory in a shootout.

See my post above this one, it is a concern of mine also. With that said, doesn't Fogle play both ways? That was what i believed cost Conner the game last year. I felt they ran Fogle to death and by the second half he was very worn out. It reminded me of Boone county with Shaun Alexander, they ran him to death and I had flashbacks of that during the Cooper Conner game last year with Fogle.

6 - 0 still people not happy ! Cooper plays the best 11 on both sides or the ball . If its working don't fix it !

I'm very happy with the season. Doesn't mean I don't worry about if players are getting enough rest or not and if it will cost them a game or two.

See my post above this one' date=' it is a concern of mine also. With that said, doesn't Fogle play both ways? That was what i believed cost Conner the game last year. I felt they ran Fogle to death and by the second half he was very worn out. It reminded me of Boone county with Shaun Alexander, they ran him to death and I had flashbacks of that during the Cooper Conner game last year with Fogle.[/quote']

Fogle does play both ways, and returns kicks (when the ball is kicked his direction) , he's rarely off the field. There are about 4 others as well. From what I have seen this year the Conner coaching staff does a very good job of getting these guys breathers frequently when needed.

I also think Barker going down in last year's game had a deciding factor in the outcome. If Barker doesn't go down, there would have been less "weight" that Fogle would have had to carry, and he probably wouldn't have been as tired.

Fogle does play both ways, and returns kicks (when the ball is kicked his direction) , he's rarely off the field. There are about 4 others as well. From what I have seen this year the Conner coaching staff does a very good job of getting these guys breathers frequently when needed.

That's what I thought. Giving them breathers is very important. I think that is what hhurt Conner last year in the game, I didn't see Fogle come off the field much at all if ever and by the 3rd quarter he really looked gassed.