Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper / Conner predictions

Who wins !! 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins !!

    • Cooper
      72%
      37
    • Conner
      27%
      14

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Tyler Morris is the Coopper QB

 

Thank You

  • Replies 210
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not talking about the yardage totals, no question he is a major threat to run the ball. It just seems that there is less urgency in the runs than a year ago. And I agree picks are going to happen, but again, it's the manner in which they are happening. Balls are being forced into triple coverages, throws are coming off his back foot, and being lofted in the air, at times looking like a jump ball.

 

Nothing against Barker, he is a very good QB, my only question was that from the outside looking in, it seems like the hype and attention he has gotten may be having some effect on him.

 

Where does hype and attention come in and how do you actually see that?

Interesting comment about the running. He's had about 1300 yards total offense in the last 3 weeks and rushed for about 400 yards in those 3.

 

Picks (I think he has 4 not 7) are going to happen when you're throwing that much. All QBs need to work on decision-making. He would be no exception. His passing has been better this year. 74 for 124 about 1300 yards. 12 TDs 4 INTs.

 

It's not always about numbers.

 

Example: A player could pass 8-10 but if the two passes that are incomplete are picks that go back for touchdowns, that is bad. Yes the completion percentage looks good at 80%, but it also puts the team down 14pts.

 

Again, Nothing against Barker, he is a very good QB, and will only get better. I assume, as a junior, he's only 15-16 years old. Plenty of time to sharpen all the skills needed..

I am pretty sure it is Cooper!

Where does hype and attention come in and how do you actually see that?

 

What do you mean hype and attention? You are clearly involved in NKY sports, and follow many of the players around the area. You know the hype and attention I am talking about. The Elite 11, the scholarship offers, the national rankings as a pro style QB, You cannot open a newspaper, read the blogs online, or come anywhere near something related to Conner without hearing about it..

 

That is alot to put on a young kid's shoulders, and I am not saying he isn't deserving, my point is that it is a lot for a kid to handle, and I am wondering if it has gotten to him a bit.

What do you mean hype and attention? You are clearly involved in NKY sports, and follow many of the players around the area. You know the hype and attention I am talking about. The Elite 11, the scholarship offers, the national rankings as a pro style QB, You cannot open a newspaper, read the blogs online, or come anywhere near something related to Conner without hearing about it..

 

That is alot to put on a young kid's shoulders, and I am not saying he isn't deserving, my point is that it is a lot for a kid to handle, and I am wondering if it has gotten to him a bit.

 

As many on here know (and full disclosure to you) I'm pretty tight with Drew.

 

I'm well aware of the hype he has received. I'm asking you what you base your statement "it seems like the hype and attention...may be affecting him?" How does one tell that? You initially based your contention on INTs. He has 4 out of 124 pass attempts. That doesn't seem high to me.

 

He makes some bad throws. He makes some bad reads. He might force a ball occasionally. You credit hype and attention for that?

As many on here know (and full disclosure to you) I'm pretty tight with Drew.

 

I'm well aware of the hype he has received. I'm asking you what you base your statement "it seems like the hype and attention...may be affecting him?" How does one tell that? You initially based your contention on INTs. He has 4 out of 124 pass attempts. That doesn't seem high to me.

 

He makes some bad throws. He makes some bad reads. He might force a ball occasionally. You credit hype and attention for that?

 

Not sure what you mean (full disclosure to you) but my question wasn't based on INT's.. It was a simple question based on watching a player last year, and this year. I notice a difference, and asked a question/made a statement, however you want to put it. Like he is possibly trying too hard to show people he's deserving? Rather than simply being loose and doing what is natural to him.. There was nothing negative meant by my post.

 

I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings. And I'll say it again.. Barker is a very good QB, and I am not saying that he doesn't deserve the things he is getting

I will agree with the poster above about the game being Cooper's defense versus Conner's offense and I will take it even further. I think it comes down to Cooper's defensive line versus Conner's offensive line. Cooper has a quick defensive line. Will Conner's offensive line be able to use their size to push the line of scrimmage or will Cooper's quickness be too much and allow the Jaguars to pressure Barker?

 

Fogle vs. Morgan is also an intriguing match up. Speed on speed in that one.

 

Not sure what you mean (full disclosure to you) but my question wasn't based on INT's.. It was a simple question based on watching a player last year, and this year. I notice a difference, and asked a question/made a statement, however you want to put it. Like he is possibly trying too hard to show people he's deserving? Rather than simply being loose and doing what is natural to him.. There was nothing negative meant by my post.

 

I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings. And I'll say it again.. Barker is a very good QB, and I am not saying that he doesn't deserve the things he is getting

 

Not really sure what you are trying to say here. It's a little confusing. Kid is at or near the top of the QB stats for the tri state area. If he was awful this year I think your post would make a little more sense. Also, where did 7 int's come from?

I will agree with the poster above about the game being Cooper's defense versus Conner's offense and I will take it even further. I think it comes down to Cooper's defensive line versus Conner's offensive line. Cooper has a quick defensive line. Will Conner's offensive line be able to use their size to push the line of scrimmage or will Cooper's quickness be too much and allow the Jaguars to pressure Barker?

 

Fogle vs. Morgan is also an intriguing match up. Speed on speed in that one.

There are a lot of intriguing matchups in this one.

Morgan and Fogle are a good one, Fogle gets the edge due to just pure athletisism.

 

Barker vs Morris, This one is tough. Barker the better passer but Morris is the better runner. That will come down to who is more succesful at their strengths in the game..

 

Skill players on offense, I give the edge to Cooper. They I believe have too many weapons they can use.

 

Conner O-Line vs Cooper D-Line I give the edge to Cooper's D-Line, too quick and fast. They have faced bigger O-Lines in every game this year so far and have more than held their own.

 

I haven't seen Conner play this year except for the Boone game and Conner's defense seems to be their weak link so far. They will be pumped up for this game big time and this could be just like last year where the winner of this game really doesn't decide who the better team is once the playoffs start.

 

Not really sure what you are trying to say here. It's a little confusing. Kid is at or near the top of the QB stats for the tri state area. If he was awful this year I think your post would make a little more sense. Also, where did 7 int's come from?

 

1st I did not say he is awful.. Open your eyes and read

2nd I placed a question mark behind the 7 indicating I was unsure, again open your eyes and read.

3rd I stated a few times, my question was not based on numbers, it was based on me seeing a difference in his play from this year and last.

 

Not sure why so many are offended by a simple question as to how a 16 year old kid is handling the pressure that's being put on him.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

1st I did not say he is awful.. Open your eyes and read

2nd I placed a question mark behind the 7 indicating I was unsure, again open your eyes and read.

3rd I stated a few times, my question was not based on numbers, it was based on me seeing a difference in his play from this year and last.

 

Not sure why so many are offended by a simple question as to how a 16 year old kid is handling the pressure that's being put on him.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

 

Are you questioning his effort?

 

Are you questioning his effort?

 

Every reply to my question has put words in my mouth.. Did I say I questioned his effort? Nope. Let me get to it before someone else points it out.. I said he isn't running with the same toughness.. I.E. Not lowering the boom, like he did last year. I never said he wasn't giving effort... Go back and read my posts. Everyone in reply is trying to turn it into some sort of bashing of Barker, this is not the case.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

Drop, I know you are not bashing a kid. Knew that from the first post and you made it clear in each post.

 

 

And really I don't have a problem with expressing an opinion , positive or negative, about a player. It's an opinion. Unlike a particular poster on here who never brings any intelligence to posts and thrives on taking joy in kids' failures I know YOUR opinion would be based on observation.

 

Here is the part I am questioning:

 

 

"...it seems like the hype and attention he has gotten may be having some effect on him."

 

I asked and am asking how one determines that. When you say "it seems" that's saying you've seen something that gives you credible evidence to arrive at that conclusion. I don't see how a bad read, a bad decision, or a bad pass can tell you what's the underlying issue. It's like saying "it seems like he has girlfriend issues" or "it seems like he's worried about calculus too much."

 

I say when any high school QB makes a bad play it's no different than I see Sanchez or Brady or Manning do occasionally on Sunday. I never wonder what the underlying issue is with them.

 

Does that make sense?

This game will be a tense one as it has become a great rivalry. I would like Cooper to win and shut the hype up but it wouldn't surprise me if either team won. The real game that matters is if they meet in the playoff's.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.