Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper / Conner predictions

Who wins !! 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins !!

    • Cooper
      72%
      37
    • Conner
      27%
      14

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think you will have a problem when you play both ways when the other team has 80 or 90 kids on the side line . In cooper vs conner both have many kids go both ways . Cooper more so than Conner but still a factor.

 

I don't think either Cooper or Conner has a roster of 90 kids. My guess would be 60 at the most.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

  • Replies 210
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will have a problem when you play both ways when the other team has 80 or 90 kids on the side line . In cooper vs conner both have many kids go both ways . Cooper more so than Conner but still a factor.

This game scares me. Before the season I thought Boone and Conner would be the toughest we have during the regular season. If we come out and play like we did lastt year against Conner and go up on them early then we have a chance for a similaar out come. If we give up scores early then it could go down to the last one wwith the ball wins. This is a huge year for Cooper because i think this may be the beest team they have for a couple years and I hope they take advantage of it and gett their district championship. The next two weeks are HUGE for the Jags. Conner and South Oldham. If we can manage to win those 2 games the district is ours! If wwe lose any of the next two then the team we lose to will end up with district title. IIt's a huge 2 games on the road.

I don't think either Cooper or Conner has a roster of 90 kids. My guess would be 60 at the most.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

I don't know what Conner's is, but Cooper's is 40 something.
I don't know what Conner's is' date=' but Cooper's is 40 something.[/quote']

 

I would say the same for Conner. I am not sure of the exact number but it's nowhere near 80 or 90.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

I would say the same for Conner. I am not sure of the exact number but it's nowhere near 80 or 90.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

I just looked it up on maxpreps and it says Cooper has 48 and Conner (which can't be right)says they have 23 players.

 

There is no way Conner only has 23 players.

Conner has right around 60 players.

After watching Barker both this year and last I can say his improvement is remarkable. The kid has worked hard and it is paying off. Conner has been throwing the ball much more this year than last and that is because of his improvement (and probably lack of defense as well). Even parents in the stands this year have commented on how much better he looks this year. This year he is a pass-first QB where as last year I would say he was more run first. The offense has followed suit, so I would say to anyone that wonders about numbers, yes there has been change. Not because of his lack of running ability, but his very noticeable improvement passing the ball. I am still unclear on what is meant by his running "toughness" however. Anyone that knows Drew knows this is a silly thing to even bring up. Please let comparisons between the turd from Dixie and Drew end right now.

After watching Barker both this year and last I can say his improvement is remarkable. The kid has worked hard and it is paying off. Conner has been throwing the ball much more this year than last and that is because of his improvement (and probably lack of defense as well). Even parents in the stands this year have commented on how much better he looks this year. This year he is a pass-first QB where as last year I would say he was more run first. The offense has followed suit, so I would say to anyone that wonders about numbers, yes there has been change. Not because of his lack of running ability, but his very noticeable improvement passing the ball. I am still unclear on what is meant by his running "toughness" however. Anyone that knows Drew knows this is a silly thing to even bring up. Please let comparisons between the turd from Dixie and Drew end right now.

 

Good quarterbacks put up good numbers but great quarterbacks(Kuntz) win games. :D

Good quarterbacks put up good numbers but great quarterbacks(Kuntz) win games. :D

 

How many post season wins does Kuntz have? That's all that matters my friend. Don't get lost while trying to look that one up.

 

Oh........I almost forgot. :D:D:D

After watching Barker both this year and last I can say his improvement is remarkable. The kid has worked hard and it is paying off. Conner has been throwing the ball much more this year than last and that is because of his improvement (and probably lack of defense as well). Even parents in the stands this year have commented on how much better he looks this year. This year he is a pass-first QB where as last year I would say he was more run first. The offense has followed suit, so I would say to anyone that wonders about numbers, yes there has been change. Not because of his lack of running ability, but his very noticeable improvement passing the ball. I am still unclear on what is meant by his running "toughness" however. Anyone that knows Drew knows this is a silly thing to even bring up. Please let comparisons between the turd from Dixie and Drew end right now.

 

I don't think a single person in their right mind would ever compare the two. Barker is far and away a better QB than the other mentioned here. One has made a name for himself, the other however, got the attention from the name made by his father.

Wow, I take the weekend off and it takes a lot of reading to catch up to all the threads.

 

As far as Cooper playing kids both ways, when there is a big drop from the kids playing both ways to those that would back them up, then you have no choice. Not one game this year have kids left from cramping like they did in years past (as far as I could tell). So, better conditioning or taking better care of their bodies has worked.

 

IMO, unless you have a possible bright future at the next level (ex. Barker) then I say play your best both ways as much as possible. Barker would be a very good LB but I don't risk that if he has a chance to be a high D1 QB. I'm not sure how many players go both ways for Conner but if they use their top 11 for defense they would have to be better on defense than the numbers they have shown. If you have the talent like a HHS then having a platoon is the way to go.

How many post season wins does Kuntz have? That's all that matters my friend. Don't get lost while trying to look that one up.

 

Oh........I almost forgot. :D:D:D

 

 

Kuntz is still one up on Barker. Kuntz picked off one of Barkers passes in Peewee Football! :D

Cooper 28-21.

That has been my concern all year and I brought it up last week. That is what happened in the Boone game and CC game, they eventually looked like they were wearing down. That is why scoring early is so important for the Jaguars

 

Borchers is such a great defensive coach and the strong suit for Cooper the last couple years has always been the defense, but what he has always done is play the best players on defense and if that means players playing both ways then that is what he does which leads to several players playing both ways and wears on them. It has worked so far and he has actually more this year started subbing other players on the defenisve side of the ball more because of the athletes he has. For example in the Ryle game they had #12 Fussinger play most of the game at safety when he is primarily an offensive player, and he doesn't even start on defense and ended up with the 2nd most tackles on the team that game. They did the same thing this past week and subbed him in to safety and all he did was return a fumble for 89 yards for aa TD. So they have the players to use and Borchers has been doing that more this year. Froehlicher is another one Borchers uses to sub on the line a lot, he is as strong as anyone on the team and does a great job when they go to him to clog up the middle. So unlike in years past he isn't hesitating to sub more and more players in on defense. This past game he subbed an entire defensivbe unit in and out.

 

 

IT will be interesting though to watch how he handles the defense this week.

 

 

Coach Borchers has always been an excellent defensive coach but his growth in all aspects of the game and his ability to lead and motivate youngmen is where I have seen the biggest improvement in his coaching and one of the main reasons Cooper has improved every year under his guidance. I believe when you start talking about some of the best coaches in NKY that you need to include Coach Borchers in the conversation.

Coach Borchers has always been an excellent defensive coach but his growth in all aspects of the game and his ability to lead and motivate youngmen is where I have seen the biggest improvement in his coaching and one of the main reasons Cooper has improved every year under his guidance. I believe when you start talking about some of the best coaches in NKY that you need to include Coach Borchers in the conversation.

You make an excellent point. Borchers looks as if he has improved a lot in the motivation alone and how he handles the kids. He still gets on them etc. but the boys are starting to believe in him. It's still an uphill battle for him though and hopefully it will continue to improve. For instance, he has shown a lot more interest in the JV games this year than in the past, at least it looks that way. In the past it felt as if he thought JV more of a bother than something that the players could learn from. It's showed the last 2 years for instance when the players from the freshman teams decide not to play varsity the next year. I think that was a telling tale of what they thought about the entire football program. For instance last years Freshman team only had 9 players come out to play varsity this year.

 

I think the interest that the boys see from the coach throught the entire football program speaks volumes and I think the turnout from this years freshman football team will be a lot more when practice starts for next year's varsity team.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.