Covington Catholic 54 Dixie 0

theguru

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie is playing a lot of young kids they will take their lumps this year but be a better team next year.

If you don't stop saying kind things about Simon Kenton rivals, your Bluebird fans are going to be deeply disappointed. :D

I listened to the game on the road today using the mobile app. I couldn't get the coverage to start before the 3rd quarter, but the broadcast was very entertaining.

Hope the Colonels keep rolling next week against Lasalle.

Long story and old story...You need to look at the old threads.

Believe me, I've read 'em. Just tossing it out for consumption. I think this dead horse has been beat on enough. Time to rest up and look forward to next foe in couple of weeks. Schedule does not get any easier.

There is a culture at Dixie that is going to take years to change. Brossart is a good coach and he'll get it turned around in time.

Culture is a good word, but tradition might be a better word. You may not have the best talent or the best players but coaching can overcome those most times. The tradition of being almost afraid to make your players mad at you has set Dixie back years. A coach that does not play favorites and pushes his players to the max is what they will need for years to change the mindset instilled during the Spritzky/Sorrell years.

I can tell you how this happens, kids that live in Dixie's district go to Catholic schools like Cov Cath and/or transfer to schools like Beechwood or Highlands. The size of the school is not a good comparison anymore.

Kids from Dixie's district have been going to CovCath since forever. CovCath is in Dixie's district, kinda makes sense that's where a lot of the Blue Colonels students may come from.

It appears no current Bluebirds are Dixie kids, and as for Beechwood, I have no idea. But the question I'd ask if they are losing players to these schools is why?

Using the transfer excuse as a reason is part of the problem. Answering the above question and making kids want to play at Dixie is the solution

There is a culture at Dixie that is going to take years to change. Brossart is a good coach and he'll get it turned around in time.

I hope this isn't the coaching staff's philosophy, because on the excuse list, this one is pretty lame. It should take about 10 minutes to change the "culture" at Dixie. Set the tone you want and roll. The kids will either fish or cut bait. Play with the ones who are left.

And this isn't a knock on Brossart at all. Maybe Dixie's just in a down talent cycle right now, maybe the senior class is very small, maybe they are inexperienced. It happens.

But, I wouldn't play the "culture" card. Kids are resilient and adapt to change far better than adults.

I can tell you how this happens, kids that live in Dixie's district go to Catholic schools like Cov Cath and/or transfer to schools like Beechwood or Highlands. The size of the school is not a good comparison anymore.

Seriously??? Dixie benefits more from open enrollment than fthe other two Kenton County schools. There are at least 10 kids playing at Dixie that live in Scott's district. You play and develop the kids you have. The open enrollment/Cov Cath issue is a tired, old horse that has been beaten to death.

Culture is a good word, but tradition might be a better word. You may not have the best talent or the best players but coaching can overcome those most times. The tradition of being almost afraid to make your players mad at you has set Dixie back years. A coach that does not play favorites and pushes his players to the max is what they will need for years to change the mindset instilled during the Spritzky/Sorrell years.

This may be one of the most rediculous post I have ever seen. None of Spritzky's teams ever got beat like this by Cov. Cath. The mindset coach Spritzky instilled was one that proved Dixie could beat anyone backed up by the fact he coached teams that beat Trinity, Highlands, and has multiple wins over Cov. Cath. (Unheard of by a Dixie coach). People that make comments like this don't realize it is way more about jimmy and joe than it is about x's and o's. Dixie just doesn't have the talent right now to beat Cov. Cath. They should not be trying to 2 platoon in my opinion they simply don't have the numbers or talent to do it right now.

Coach Spritzky was my coach and I can guarantee anyone who felt he or Sorrell played favorites were not good enough to play so they or their parents had to have some excuse. I challenge you to find another NKY coach who has ever beat Trinity in the playoffs. I guess they just got lucky.

Seriously??? Dixie benefits more from open enrollment than fthe other two Kenton County schools. There are at least 10 kids playing at Dixie that live in Scott's district. You play and develop the kids you have. The open enrollment/Cov Cath issue is a tired, old horse that has been beaten to death.

Uh, disagree on your first statement. It's quite possible that may have been the case a while back but not any longer. Don't forget about SK. They're benefiting from it as well.

I was on the Dixie teams that gave their blood sweat and tears for great coaches like Al Meyers, Tim Odom, and Coach B back in the very early 90's. I have coached many of the players that have played at Dixie, Cov Cath, and Beechwood the past 15yrs and I can attest that there is a culture of "me" at Dixie that has flourished for years. Beechwood and Cov Cath have built a tradition of winning. They expect to win, they demand sacrifice, and excellence and anything less is a failure. That is not the same tradition at Dixie.