Covington Catholic 54 Dixie 0

theguru

Uh, disagree on your first statement. It's quite possible that may have been the case a while back but not any longer. Don't forget about SK. They're benefiting from it as well.

Scott isn't losing kids to SK. How many kids has Dixie lost to SK or Scott? I'm pretty sure there are only a handful of SK or Dixie kids that chose Scott. Taking Bechwood and Cov Cath out, I can guarantee Dixie has more out of district enrollments than SK or Scott.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

colonel time

I completely agree with the two platoon idea. It is a nice philosophy to instill in time, however going 2-8 or so wont help with keeping the feeder school kids. I believe a great but tired kid going both ways is better than a fresh nobody.

Scott isn't losing kids to SK. How many kids has Dixie lost to SK or Scott? I'm pretty sure there are only a handful of SK or Dixie kids that chose Scott. Taking Bechwood and Cov Cath out, I can guarantee Dixie has more out of district enrollments than SK or Scott.

We'll agree to disagree on this. And I'm going to heed what Guru posted in another football thread:

We need to focus on the game and not all the other issues.

All the other issues would make fine threads so feel free to start one on any of the side topics but for this thread please concentrate on the game.

Edited by OlDog75

We'll agree to disagree on this. And I'm going to heed what Guru posted in another football thread:

We need to focus on the game and not all the other issues.

All the other issues would make fine threads so feel free to start one on any of the side topics but for this thread please concentrate on the game.

You're the one that offered the excuse that Dixie is suffering from open enrollenment and one of the reasons why Dixie lost this game. I disagree, and while I won't name names, I know of quite a few kids on Dixie's roster that should be at another school. Open enrollment/private schools is a lame excuse as to why a team is struggling. Cov Cath is simply the better team, and has been for a while. Dixie has a very good Sophomore class, and they will be more competitive next year and the year after.

You're the one that offered the excuse that Dixie is suffering from open enrollenment and one of the reasons why Dixie lost this game. I disagree, and while I won't name names, I know of quite a few kids on Dixie's roster that should be at another school. Open enrollment/private schools is a lame excuse as to why a team is struggling. Cov Cath is simply the better team, and has been for a while. Dixie has a very good Sophomore class, and they will be more competitive next year and the year after.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I never posted anything like this. I was just responding to your open enrollment post regarding Dixie.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I never posted anything like this. I was just responding to your open enrollment post regarding Dixie.

You are right....I apologize for the mix up. I still stand by my statement...many people don't realize that a very big portion of Edgewood is part of Scott's district..a good portion of those kids, especially the athletes, end up at Dixie.

This may be one of the most rediculous post I have ever seen. None of Spritzky's teams ever got beat like this by Cov. Cath. The mindset coach Spritzky instilled was one that proved Dixie could beat anyone backed up by the fact he coached teams that beat Trinity, Highlands, and has multiple wins over Cov. Cath. (Unheard of by a Dixie coach). People that make comments like this don't realize it is way more about jimmy and joe than it is about x's and o's. Dixie just doesn't have the talent right now to beat Cov. Cath. They should not be trying to 2 platoon in my opinion they simply don't have the numbers or talent to do it right now.

Coach Spritzky was my coach and I can guarantee anyone who felt he or Sorrell played favorites were not good enough to play so they or their parents had to have some excuse. I challenge you to find another NKY coach who has ever beat Trinity in the playoffs. I guess they just got lucky.

It appears I have struck a nerve. I would call beating Trinity fortunate not luck. You beat them fair and square. But no way you can tell me that Spritzky couldn't have been more succesful had he been more tough on his players and emphasized conditioning more.

CWB - Are you sure of that all time record?

The previous coach at Dixie had 5 wins over the Colonels in his tenure. That would mean that all other head coaches in Dixie history had 2 wins against the Blue Colonels. Wow.

Dixie won 3 times in a row in 2002, 2003, and 2004.

The previous coach at Dixie had 5 wins over the CovCath in his tenure. That would mean that all other head coaches in Dixie history had 2 wins against the Blue Colonels. Wow.

Per the Dixie web site

75(first game),76,99,02,03,04,07 CovCath win the rematch in the playoffs

The previous coach at Dixie had 5 wins over the CovCath in his tenure. That would mean that all other head coaches in Dixie history had 2 wins against the Blue Colonels. Wow.

Yep.

To quote a pre-game speech one of our coaches gave when I was at Cov Cath, "There are three things inevitable when you're a football player at Covington Catholic: death, taxes, and beating Dixie."