Rush Limbaugh on gay marriage

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rush has very little credibility in any discussion about the sanctity of marriage ...
Based on your insightful logic, our President has no credibility on anything to do with the economy and the private sector, correct? Or warfare, since he did not serve in the military, correct? C'mon now, you can't have it both ways. LOL.

Based on your insightful logic, our President has no credibility on anything to do with the economy and the private sector, correct? Or warfare, since he did not serve in the military, correct? C'mon now, you can't have it both ways. LOL.

I honestly don't follow your logic here. Rush has been married and divorced multiple times and would be to some degree responsible for those divorces.

Most argue that the president doesn't have any experience in economic matters and he certainly didn't serve in the military, so how can this be a logical comparison?

Of course, if it was meant to be entirely in jest, I apologize for my questions. :D

President is going to Hollywood this week for a $15,000,000 fund raiser....I think that a lot to do with his sudden position change on this point.

This is almost a replay of a West Wing episode, except in WW episode Pres Bartlett would not bow down to a Hollywood Big Wig that was wanting the president to push an agenda of Gay Rights.

I honestly don't follow your logic here. Rush has been married and divorced multiple times and would be to some degree responsible for those divorces.

Most argue that the president doesn't have any experience in economic matters and he certainly didn't serve in the military, so how can this be a logical comparison?

Of course, if it was meant to be entirely in jest, I apologize for my questions. :D

Partially in jest. Rush's opposition to gay marriage has nothing to do with his own failed marriages or the domestic aspect gay marriage, therefore, flawed logic. Besides, failure generally garners high praise from the left, as long as "the intentions were good".

Partially in jest. Rush's opposition to gay marriage has nothing to do with his own failed marriages or the domestic aspect gay marriage, therefore, flawed logic. Besides, failure generally garners high praise from the left, as long as "the intentions were good".

I am still not following your logic. Does traditional marriage mean have 4 of them, if so then Rush supports traditional marriage. If traditional marriage means "til death do us part" Rush's statement is pure hypocrisy.

Economy is doing pretty dang good right now, relatively speaking. However, you cannot compare the two.

I guess, for me, that it is his use of the phrase "War on traditional marriage" that smacks of hypocrisy to me. Doesn't marrying and divorcing multiple times go against "traditional marriage"?

I am still not following your logic. Does traditional marriage mean have 4 of them, if so then Rush supports traditional marriage. If traditional marriage means "til death do us part" Rush's statement is pure hypocrisy.

Economy is doing pretty dang good right now, relatively speaking. However, you cannot compare the two.

Economy doing "pretty dang good right now"? I suggest you layoff the kool aid, or the bong, or both. Rush's own failures at previous marriages? Is that the best you've got?

I guess, for me, that it is his use of the phrase "War on traditional marriage" that smacks of hypocrisy to me. Doesn't marrying and divorcing multiple times go against "traditional marriage"?
Hypocrisy? Yes, it does go against what most would consider traditional marriage. But, don't you think it is a bit ingenuous on your part to not allow him to defend something just because he has failed at it. As I said before, failure is generally a badge of honor to the left.

President is going to Hollywood this week for a $15,000,000 fund raiser....I think that a lot to do with his sudden position change on this point.

This is almost a replay of a West Wing episode, except in WW episode Pres Bartlett would not bow down to a Hollywood Big Wig that was wanting the president to push an agenda of Gay Rights.

Obama is not pushing gay rights. He said he supports same sex marriage. Just like he supports the states' rights to allow same sex marriage in their state.

Hypocrisy? Yes, it does go against what most would consider traditional marriage. But, don't you think it is a bit ingenuous on your part to not allow him to defend something just because he has failed at it. As I said before, failure is generally a badge of honor to the left.

How did I not let him defend it?

I thought Obama said in an interview (or questionnaire) from his time running for office in Illinois that he was in favor of gay marriage.