Is This A Second Date Deal-Breaker?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm listening to Dave and Jimmy on 104.5 this morning and the subject is "things that should be divulged on a first date - already had children, etc.

So this comes up. You're at a nice restaurant on a first date and right after the food arrives, your date says "wait just a second", then prays prior to eating.

If I heard correctly (and there's always the chance I didn't), the two young ladies on the show said that there would be no second date; that this was a sign of being "super religious". Kinda surprised me some; although maybe I shouldn't be since this is radio, and it is part of the flaming liberal media.

Thoughts? Is this a sign of being super-religious? Would/should a second date be a no-go?

No meaning to hi-jack but why is anti-religious liberal? I consider myself rather religious and rather liberal. Ayn Rand is the conservative darling and is an atheist.

If you are a bible thumper I guess you do, the rest of us don't go to church looking for love.

Nah, I'm going w/ the stereotype. When I thought about settling down, it was going to be w/ a woman w/ similar family values to me. Part of that is a religious/moral code. My wife is not religious. She rarely goes to mass w/ me, however, we share the same moral code. If I was single, and looking, and some chick prayed at dinner, I would feel like we had something in common.

mex, by now I think we have pretty much established that in the past you would take "love" anywhere you could find it.

And all kidding aside I am sure your wife is awesome.

She is. And as for "anywhere," I did have some standards. The chick actually had to reciprocate. After that, it was game on. Saying that...those opportunities were few and far between. I'm not exactly Brad Pitt.