Indiana Coach Tom Crean Talks about UK Series

16thBBall Fan

Not every hire is a home run. Mitch has been GREAT at UK. Sure, BCG didnt' work out, and it looks like Joker is headed that way, but there is no way you can look at the entire athletic department and say he hasn't done a tremendous job.

You can't expect every hire to be a home run. And have we already forgotten the longest bowl streak in program history was under his watch? He just brought home NCAA title #8, baseball is top 10, women's basketball is as good as its ever been, the tennis team just dominated the SEC, the cheerleaders are champions as always. On top of that, the basketball team has one of the top APRs in the conference (and GPAs too I believe) and there have been no NCAA violations on his watch.

Semantics. You say great. I say good. It doesn't have to be a homerun hire to be better than BCG and Joker. Keep in mind he passed on Cal the first time as well. I'm not insulting him either so don't take it that way. It is refreshing to see an AD at UK who cares about more than basketball. Barnhart has done a good job. Doesn't mean he can't do better.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for UK/North Carolina, I'm wondering if Kentucky doesn't want them both home one year and away the next year, as it currently is. It makes me think the series might drop this season, then pick back up next year in Chapel Hill, while UK will be hosting Louisville. That would give you a marquee home game every year.

So UK ended the series because they wanted neutral sites?

Afraid to go to Bloomington?

After the way IU fans behaved last time, could you blame them?

UK played one of the toughest OOC schedules in the country last year and now all of a sudden everyone think's Cal is too chicken to play good teams.

UK played one of the toughest OOC schedules in the country last year and now all of a sudden everyone think's Cal is too chicken to play good teams.

UK fan here.

UK should play one of the toughest OOC schedules ever year.

UK fans are still whining about those mean IU fans? Hilarious.

UK plays in the SEC. If they want more than 5 tough games a year they better schedule that way...

As for UK/North Carolina, I'm wondering if Kentucky doesn't want them both home one year and away the next year, as it currently is. It makes me think the series might drop this season, then pick back up next year in Chapel Hill, while UK will be hosting Louisville. That would give you a marquee home game every year.

I think that is actually what is going to happen and it makes since.

Semantics. You say great. I say good. It doesn't have to be a homerun hire to be better than BCG and Joker. Keep in mind he passed on Cal the first time as well. I'm not insulting him either so don't take it that way. It is refreshing to see an AD at UK who cares about more than basketball. Barnhart has done a good job. Doesn't mean he can't do better.

I agree that it's mostly semantics. I think Barnhart is unfairly criticized because UK is good at football but UK never has been nor will they ever be good at football. If you look at the Capital One Cup standings it's hard to be to critical of Mitch.